What's new

India may but 40-60 Su-35 government-to-government deal

if they want su 35s then i wud hav suggested to go with more mkis(with upgrades).... but thats only my opinion .... which surely they wont take....!!!lols

Its yet another speculation ...two days back it was being said that India will but 40-50 Mig-35 if it does not make the cut, now its Su-35...
Although a very very potent plane but does not suit the future plans of IAF imo..
The main agenda of MRCA is to reduce the types of fighters we are operating

If we go by reports we buy:

- 42 Su 30 MKIs
- 40 - 60 Su 35BMs
- 40 - 50 Mig 35
and not to forget 50 single seat Pak Fa

Doesn't make sense at all, because they all have similar capbilities and especially the Su 35 won't fit to IAF doctrine. Also if the latest reports of Pak Fa are true, Russia will get the first versions between 2013 and 2016. Why should we buy Su, or Mig 35 in the same timeframe then, if we could buy single seat Pak Fa also?
The early version won't have full 5. gen capabilties as it is speculated now, but with internal weapon bays, SC and TVC, it's already better than the Su 35, not to mention that it will get AESA radar.

Have some big doubts about these reports!

All this is speculation , IAF needs 40-42 fighters .
Journos start speculating Mig35/Su35 . And to add masala Dassault offered 40 Rafale .

After Investing so much time and money into the MKI standard.

We won't be getting the Su-35 , as despite its upgrades it is still very comparable to the MKI.

It will be more expensive to induct a new aircraft like the MKI.

One would expect , any new ordered for Sukhoi aircraft , will only be for the MKI
or the PAK-FA.

On that note , we may order may MKI aircraft to be Built in Russia and delivered, only so that our rate of induction of modern fighter jets can be increased.

IAF want's to Achieve 42 squadrons by 2022 , with the oldest plane reamning in the fleet the JAguar.
Fast FMS deals like that are going to help us get there.

Yeah 42 is the magic number , but how do they achieve this is a billion dollar question.
frankly i dont see a govt to govt deal for purchase of mig35 or su35 , just to keep russians happy
well russians have already been made happy with 1.5 billion deal for 29 mig29k and 3 billion deal for 42 more su30mki.
If india were to buy russian jets at this time , it would be either su30mki or mig35 if it were to win mrca competition , which seams unlikely.

Now about achieving the 42 SQUADRON NUMBER , LETS LOOK AT WHAT JETS WILL FORM IT
Su30mki 270 Jets ,14 sqds
mig29smt 060 jets ,03 sqds
mirage 2000v5 050 jets , 2.5 sqds
Jaguars IS DARIN III 065 Jets* , 03 sqds
mmrca (rafale/f18/typhoon) 126 jets , 7 sqds
PAKFA 050 jets , 2.5sqds
LCA TEJAS 80-100 Jets** 4/5sqds

*Iaf has ordered 47 new built jaguar IS since they have decided not to keep 43 mig27upg till 2022 , and will retire them in 2015 along with the rest of the fleet ,iaf had previously ordered 20 jaguar IS in 2004 , which entered service in 2007 hence my estimate of 65 jaguars in 2022

**LCA numbers are just my guess , they could be as high as 140 or as low as 80 by 2022 depending upon the production capability of hal and confidence of iaf in the aircraft

Finally the squadron level as per my calculation comes to about 37 sqds
now how IAF is able to achieve 42 sqds , can any one explain without trolling

India will not buy Sukhoi Su 35s: Experts

BY EDITOR AT 23 JULY, 2010, 3:53 PM

BY: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Recent report in a Russian News agency where Sukhoi CEO Mikhail Pogosyan speaking at the Farnborough International Airshow claimed that India will eventually buy 40 t0 60 Sukhoi Su-35S has not found many takers in India , defence Expert Rakesh sharma told idrw.org that “Sukhoi Su35s will not inducted into IAF since its a complete different variant of Sukhoi” and “India is firm to induct 5th generation PAK-Fa fighter aircraft when they will be available after 2016 to India “.

Russian Air force will be inducting them has a Stop Gap measure until Pak-Fa starts getting inducting into their force , Russia has been trying to find a Export customer for the this new improved 4.5++ gen aircraft but had no export luck yet , Russia on many occasions have offered this aircraft to many of the current users of Sukhoi su 27 and Sukhoi su 30 fleet but most of countries including India choose to retain same fleet commonality

Back
Top Bottom