What's new

India not offered F-22s or F-35s: Why?

indian members whether its rupeenews or any other news..try to understand and live with-in your means.

Such sophisticated technologies and fighter Jets cannot be allowed to a india that is already involved with russia in a project called Pak-fa as a financial partner so far. US is strict when it comes to proliferation, US doesn't want F-35 tech ends up in pak-fa. as you claim it has been offered to india it will take years before approved as us will have to consider project pak-fa in front. Either f-35 needs a partner financial problems being faced with and is looking to axe itself..yes fgfa india has part in it for now only financially..
Even if india buy F-35 in next 5 years off the shelf possibility of proliferation would still be there russians want to complete the project as soon as possible. relax being offered american product means dealing with russians in 2 matters share the technology and or russian will sell to the opponents is it realistic? I'll let it to you, to me it is as real as it can be. I'm not saying india cannot be offered or can't buy F-35 yes india can but will have to compromise relations with russians it is a very technical topic its not that easy cheering up losing customers is not a good sign..
pak-fa prospect customers
india
egypt
malaysia? if F-35 offered pak-fa will be trashed.
venezula
brazil

vs US
North America-Canada
Europe-f-16 operators are future customers
Japan?
Pakistan?
Gulf
Singapore
Malaysia?
Australia
South Korea?

indian members whether its rupeenews or any other news..try to understand and live with-in your means.

Such sophisticated technologies and fighter Jets cannot be allowed to a india that is already involved with russia in a project called Pak-fa as a financial partner so far. US is strict when it comes to proliferation, US doesn't want F-35 tech ends up in pak-fa. as you claim it has been offered to india it will take years before approved as us will have to consider project pak-fa in front. Either f-35 needs a partner financial problems being faced with and is looking to axe itself..yes fgfa india has part in it for now only financially..
Even if india buy F-35 in next 5 years off the shelf possibility of proliferation would still be there russians want to complete the project as soon as possible. relax being offered american product means dealing with russians in 2 matters share the technology and or russian will sell to the opponents is it realistic? I'll let it to you, to me it is as real as it can be. I'm not saying india cannot be offered or can't buy F-35 yes india can but will have to compromise relations with russians it is a very technical topic its not that easy cheering up losing customers is not a good sign..
india
egypt
venezula
brazil

vs US
North America-Canada
Japan?
Pakistan?
Gulf
Singapore
Malaysia?
Australia
South Korea?

Actually it must be like this.

RUSSIA can sell the PAK-FA to

INDIA
BRAZIL
VENEZUELA
EGYPT (I don't think they can afford it)
MALAYSIA(Even if F-35 is offered they will trash it)
Australia (They hate the JSF-35 afaik they said it useless in front of 4.5th gen Russian and Chinese counterparts i.e if offered which is unlikely)
INDONESIA
ALGERIA (If they can afford it)

While US can JSF to

UK
CANADA
TURKEY
JAPAN(If their own 5th gen becomes fruitful then probably not)
AUSTRALIA
INDIA (They might find some use for it in the navy i.e If F-16 is chosen for the MMRCA maybe they will change their mind)
ISRAEL

india
egypt
venezula
brazil

vs US
North America-Canada
Japan?
Pakistan?
Gulf
Singapore
Malaysia?
Australia
South Korea?

well dude,don't think i m against pak but one thing is in my mind that,AF then iraq,now preparation for iran(they just need a propaganda and they have got),then wat will be next,u.s can't digest a muslim nuclear power.they are using pak for Af and iran once iran is captured ,all the allies will be against pak.i also read in a website in which afg-pak was discussed,in which a line was written ""setting a thief to get another one,but thief will remain a thief and he will be caught""so it depends on pak army to survive against them,one thing is certain at that time if it happens pak will rely only on china.india may play the pole of israel at that time as israel is playing now in mid east:confused::confused:

Prowler...did i not say prospect customers? when the whole world switch to 4.5/5th generation at some point of time egypt has the right to switch to..most likely candidate is pak-fa and that is after 2022+
indonesia does not need stealth. google their airforce inventory. suggest always research first. algeria too is a small air force they're not in need of it.
aussies hate it or its official they are buying it cry me a river.

James lol what are you up to...

Prowler...did i not say prospect customers? when the whole world switch to 4.5/5th generation at some point of time egypt has the right to switch to..most likely candidate is pak-fa and that is after 2022+
indonesia does not need stealth. google their airforce inventory. suggest always research first. algeria too is a small air force they're not in need of it.
aussies hate it or its official they are buying it cry me a river.
Does the whole world doesn't include Indonesia and Algeria? It doesn't mean how small their air force or country is having the best is always good since no body can predict the future.
Aussies hate the JSF(If PAK FA is offered I am sure they will take it) and no need to cry me a river.Pakistan won't get a JSF-35 since China is very good in Reverse Engineering and US knows this for a fact.So you can cut off Pakistan from a prospective JSF-35 customer.

it really doesent matter what plane you have, what matters is who has the best pilot. PAF

And 1965 is your criteria? Those pilots might have been dead now and if you had better pilot then does not mean you will have now.
Also pilots can make difference when the difference in technologies not huge. Keep living in dreams works for us.

Prowler...WILL does not apply but possibility does exist for Pakistan as a long standing customer..cry me a river F-16 blk 52 in PAF talk about reverse engineering we gave true assurances unlike others..didn't isrealis play with lavi f-16's lil brother. aussies don't want to jeopardize their Defense relations with us almost everything in their inventory is american product, 0% chances of pak-fa in RAAF.

Prowler...WILL does not apply but possibility does exist for Pakistan as a long standing customer..cry me a river F-16 blk 52 in PAF talk about reverse engineering we gave true assurances unlike others..didn't isrealis play with lavi f-16's lil brother. aussies don't want to jeopardize their Defense relations with us almost everything in their inventory is american product, 0% chances of pak-fa in RAAF.

I am also speaking based on possibilities and assumptions just like you here....you can cry all you want but there is nearly zero chance of Pakistan getting the JSF-35...and assurances doesn't rule out the possibility of Chinese getting their hands on the JSF-35 from Pakistan if at all given....and ISRAELI's can play all they want with the American gadgets.Israel can never directly or indirectly harm USA unlike Pakistan which can do both....now cry me an ocean.:cry::cry::cry:

Even if india was offered dozen F22 i would think pakistan would dismantle its airforce and spend money on more usefull things!

American Federal Law prohibits the sale of the F-22 to any foreign country not even Americas closest allies can buy the F-22

the USA was very keen on having India joint the JSF but India refused because the F-35 is more expensive and less capable than the FGFA's we are getting adding on the F-35 in a comp simulation by rand corp proved to be inferior to the Russian 4.5 gen SU-35BM fighters not to mention we will have a similar fighter in the F-35 class the AMCA (but the project for AMCA has not yet officially started)

Seriously yaar, i haven't seen such an unprofessional, teenage fancy article. I hope the author grows up and write like a journalist and not like a high school kid who likes to tweet...

Misleading article coupled with totally incorrect facts

Moderators please close this thread ....
India not offered F-22s or F-35s: Why?

The Indians cant seem to win. They spend a lot of money but get treated really badly. The Russians have been pushing Delhi around for a decade. Their strong-along games on the Admiral Gorskov is a classic case study of what not to do in defense procurement. Bharat (aka India) constantly complains to Moscow about the lack of Transfer of Technology (ToT).

Bharat is the only major military power of the world that has been unable to produce its own indigenous aircraft. Its Purchase Order of $10 Billion for foreign planes is an admission of its failure to create local planes. The legendry incompetence of the Indian Department of Defense has led to many fiascos like the LCA which has been in design for the past 25 years. Even if the new GE engines can replace the failed Kevari engines, the plane is 1980s vintage and has no military value. The Tejas can is unable to replace Bharat’s aging fleet of Flying Coffins (the arcane Russian Migs that cannot defy gravity in Bharat).

The US for all its talk about strategic partnership and “natural ally” has not offered Bharat (aka India) the latest arms technology. The F-18s are slated to be discontinued. Most NATO members do not want them. Bharat is ready to spend $10 billion. One would imagine that Lockheed Martin would go head over heels to appease Delhi. The standoffish attitude of Martin has surprise and annoyed many Indian arms purchasers.

If Bharat makes a decision against the Mig-35s there will be a huge cost of pay. Russia has already designed the FGFA, though it will allow Bharat a face saving paint job on the planes (all in the name of “joint production”. If Bharat does not buy the Mig 35s, that deal would be further jeopardy.

Lockheed Martin will not commit commercial suicide by giving up the “Coke Formula” to the Indians. The planes will be sequestered in separate hangers, and complete with intrusive surprise inspections and all. The Indian Navy has already decided that it does not want the F-22s. If the Indian Air Force does decide on the F-22s, it will then have to setup separate system of maintenance for the Russian planes (which make up the bulk of its fleet) and a more secure one for the US manufactured plane.

MUMBAI — Field trials by six aircraft makers — including Boeing Co. and Dassault Aviation SA — for an estimated $10 billion Indian Air Force contract will likely be completed by July, an Indian minister said Wednesday.

"They (the trials) are expected to get over some time in June or July next year because testing has to be done across both the winter and summer seasons," M.M. Pallam Raju, junior defense minister, said on the sidelines of an industry conference.

Boeing is offering the F/A-18 fighter jet for the 126 multi-role combat aircraft deal, while Dassault has put up the Rafale.

Vivek Lall, vice president and India head for Boeing Integrated Defense Systems, said in October that the F/A-18 recently completed the second phase of trials in India’s Leh, Jaisalmer and Bangalore areas.

The third phase will start in the U.S. in February.

Lockheed Martin Corp.’s F-16 Falcon, Russian Aircraft Corp.’s MiG-35, Saab AB’s JAS-39 Gripen, as well as the Eurofighter Typhoon — produced by a consortium of European companies–are also competing for the contract.

India plans to buy the 126 jets, as well as advanced helicopters and other defense equipment, to modernize its mainly Soviet-vintage defense forces. The Indian Air Force has 1,700 aircraft, including helicopters and transport planes, according to its Web site.

India, which is among the world’s top arms importers, has earmarked 1.42 trillion rupees ($30.7 billion) as capital expenditure on defense for the current fiscal year through March 2010, up from 1.06 trillion rupees in the previous year.

Mr. Raju said 30%-40% of this year’s defense budget has been spent so far.

Under current rules, foreign companies which receive import orders in excess of 3 billion rupees must draw at least 30% of that order from domestic suppliers or make a similar sized investment within India, in what is known as an offset.

"The offset obligation for this (126-fighter jet) order is 50%," said Mr. Raju. NOVEMBER 18, 2009, India: Fighter Jet Deal Trials Likely to End July. By DEEPALI GUPTA and SANTANU CHOUDHURY

If Bharat does decide on the F-16s, this is the first time that opposing countries will get American Aircrafts. A Pakistani F-16 facing off an Indian F-16 would create for interesting comparisons.

India not offered F-22s or F-35s: Why? RUPEE NEWS: Recording History, Narrating Archives, Strategic Intellibrief Analysis: Noticias de Rupia | Nouvelles de Roupie | Rupiennachrichten | ??????? ????? | ???? | Rupi Nyheter | ?

Back
Top Bottom