What's new

India offers $5m aid to flood-hit in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
the offer is "under-consideration"...

I personally believe, what ever the Pakistani disgruntled sofa set haters say, we should be sending aid immediately. There is consideration going on, its just the modality of aid. India had a bad experience during the Earth quake when all Indian supplies out of all the world aid, that were sent, their labels were ripped off to make it look like a locally supplied goods with no mention of India.
This time it is under consideration to just send the money and no goods.
Also the 5 million seems to be a very small amount, there are talks of increasing it 10 fold, as reports of Cholera epidemic has started coming in, which can be a huge catastrophic outbreak.

Let the humanity prevail.. dont bring politics or hatred in this.. Pakistan also helped us during Gujrat earthquake so this a return getsure from our side..

DAWN.COM | World | Aid for 2005 Pakistan quake spent elsewhere: report

LONDON: More than 300 million pounds of aid to help rebuild parts of Pakistan after the 2005 earthquake was diverted to other projects, a British report said Saturday.

The Daily Telegraph newspaper, citing unnamed senior Pakistani officials, said there were fears this diversion of funds would put off foreign donors from giving money to help 20 million people currently affected by heavy floods.

“There's reluctance, even people in this country are not giving generously into this flood fund because they're not too sure the money will be spent honestly,” opposition leader Nawaz Sharif told the newspaper.

The Daily Telegraph said more than 300 million pounds (370 million euros, 470 million dollars) of aid for the 2005 earthquake, which killed more than 73,000 people, has yet to be handed over to Pakistan's Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA).

It cited one senior ERRA official as saying they were told in March 2009 that 12 billion Pakistan rupees (90 million pounds) was being diverted from their budget to other government projects.

“When we have the money we will pay you,” the unnamed official said that ERRA directors had been told. “All the money was given by Western governments, but they said 'we have so many other problems'.”

In June this year, ERRA staff were again told their budget was being cut, from 43 billion rupees for 2010-2011 to just 10 billion, the newspaper said.

The paper also said it had visited the town of Balakot, where 5,000 people were killed in the earthquake. Despite a promise to rebuild it on a new site, no new roads had been completed nor had building construction begun.

Pakistan's finance secretary, Salman Siddiq, denied any foreign aid funds had been diverted and told the paper: “No cuts were imposed last year.”

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said Saturday that 20 million people had been affected by the worst floods in the country's history, for which the United Nations has appealed for 460 million dollars in aid. – AFP

india should offer Pakistan weapons and misslies to combat terrorism. :cheers:

india should offer Pakistan weapons and misslies to combat terrorism. :cheers:
Why...babur,raad shaheen etc etc are useless against the taliban?
Or are talibans shooting down your missiles with guns?

As if you have reached a level of trust with US and UK. What about PM Cameroon's comments with respect to Pak. Money speaks !!!

I am amazed at how Indians consider themselves on par with US and UK. Last time we checked Pakistan did not had a conflict with either of the above mentioned countries, does India fall into the same category? Cameroons comments has nothing to do with it as its his personal views and he has received some harsh criticism from his own people.

Put your pride aside this is for the pakistani people India and Pakistan always have some issue or another but at times like this we must be humans first and show empathy.

I dont need you to tell me what to put aside. Do you really believe this is all that simple, for Pakistan to just accept something from a country that we consider a rival(and i am not using the word enemy). And i'll suggest you show some of this humanity to the Kashmiri people as well.

@ Icecold and other Pakistanis who dont want this help : we got you friends..you can do what ever you like..its your country,your people..let them die of hunger or let the die with diseases ,do you think any one over India will loose sleep over that??if you dont want the money your lose not ours :disagree: ..

I am amazed at how Indians consider themselves on par with US and UK. Last time we checked Pakistan did not had a conflict with either of the above mentioned countries, does India fall into the same category? Cameroons comments has nothing to do with it as its his personal views and he has received some harsh criticism from his own people.
sorry offtopic.... but i should salute ur comprehension skills. a head of nation, on a official visit and addressing the people of other nation as his personal view..tell me wht else he said u also consider his personal views. now about aid i want to say that it is in paksitan's court now its their call. as far as kashmir goes less than 60 dies in a month, see ur karachi first in 2 days 80 + died.

None of the Pakistanis even those affected badly from this earth quake and on the verge of dying will not accept anything from and By India. Why do you think the labels were removed from products in 2005 earth quake. Its not about what we want or don't, thing is the relationship between the 2 sides is anything but friendly, we have fought 4 wars, one resulting in the breakup of Pakistan, you ask a common man, the memory is still fresh, Its not about India or politics, its about the history that exists between us, sadly but true.

sorry offtopic.... but i should salute ur comprehension skills. a head of nation, on a official visit and addressing the people of other nation as his personal view..tell me wht else he said u also consider his personal views. now about aid i want to say that it is in paksitan's court now its their call. as far as kashmir goes less than 60 dies in a month, see ur karachi first in 2 days 80 + died.

I know you Indians like to dance over what cameron said however what i said wasn't without a reason either so before you comment or salute my comprehension skills i would like you to read the following:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/69283-eu-attempts-repair-relations-pakistan.html

So while Cameron was making India happy, EU on the other hand is trying to repair its relations with Pakistan. A line from the article:

(British Foreign Secretary William) "Hague himself thought [Cameron's words] were a little naive and has really backed us in this discussion," he said.

I know you Indians like to dance over what cameron said however what i said wasn't without a reason either so before you comment or salute my comprehension skills i would like you to read the following:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/69283-eu-attempts-repair-relations-pakistan.html

So while Cameron was making India happy, EU on the other hand is trying to repair its relations with Pakistan. A line from the article:
sir, wht are you upto. this article is very recent and try to understand the context of this. this is because you are in a big mess (floods). they want to offer Pakistan a free-trade agreement in the long term to help you. agian problem with comprehension skills. well tell me whose word you take Gen kayani or a deputy of him?? waiting... well, about dancing in this very forum ur fellow countymen were also dancing with flame in their back.

I dont need you to tell me what to put aside. Do you really believe this is all that simple, for Pakistan to just accept something from a country that we consider a rival(and i am not using the word enemy). And i'll suggest you show some of this humanity to the Kashmiri people as well.

Why you bringing Kashmir up on a flood issue or u enjoy being a troll? and the aid is for the pakistani people just like when the gujarat earthquake happened pakistan provided aid and help was the diffrence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom