What's new

India, Pakistan talks to go ahead: Delhi

kak1978

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Talks between the foreign ministers of India and Pakistan will take place as planned at the end of July despite the triple blasts in Mumbai, the Indian foreign ministry said Thursday.

India has moved to curb speculation about who was behind Wednesday’s bombings, and no group has claimed responsibility, but similar incidents in the past have led to a spike in tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

New Delhi has repeatedly accused the Pakistan military and intelligence services of aiding militant groups which carry out attacks on Indian soil.

“The talks are proceeding as scheduled,” foreign ministry spokesman Vishnu Prakash told AFP.

“There has been a heinous terrorist attack on Mumbai and we have duly noted the message of condolence from the president and prime minister of Pakistan.” A date has yet to be finalised for the talks in New Delhi between Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna and his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar, but Prakash said it would be in the last week of July.

In 2008, 10 Islamist gunmen went on a near three-day rampage through Mumbai, killing 166 people. Delhi blamed the attack on the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba group and there were fears of another war between the two countries.

India broke off diplomatic relations with its neighbour in the aftermath and remains frustrated that the alleged masterminds are at large in Pakistan.

The foreign minister talks are the latest in a series of contacts between senior figures as the countries look to finalise a comprehensive peace deal that would put an end to 60 years of cross-border tension in South Asia.

Source : India, Pakistan talks to go ahead: Delhi | World | DAWN.COM

the age old problem . Pakistan want to talk about Kashmir , and we want to talk about "non state actors" .

Should do. But only leaders get to eat I suppose. if any indians want to send me mangoes let me know .lol

Mango season is over dude.. Just have Patience till next summer.. By that time we build our relation to a high node so that mangoes could be sent easily..
:D

Regards

Aggressive diplomacy against pakistan is the need of the hour. GOI should use all it's leverage against Pakistan to stop it's terror factory against India.

Indulge them in talk and make our internal security fool proof and build a ballistic missile defence shield. Reforms are the key for India at internal level.

Israel should be ideal state for us.

Aggressive diplomacy against pakistan is the need of the hour. GOI should use all it's leverage against Pakistan to stop it's terror factory against India.

Indulge them in talk and make our internal security fool proof and build a ballistic missile defence shield. Reforms are the key for India at internal level.

Currently we dont have any laverage over Pakistan............may be some more dams on rivers will work

My proposed agenda as follows :-

1. Kashmir and the starting of dialogue of the amalgamtion of Azad Kashmir with Indian claimed Kashmir or the starting of dialogue on making the LOC a permanent mutually acceptable border.

2. Water treaties in place and whether they are outdated. Perhaps a joint conference including Bangladesh and other affected neighbors to commence dialogue of each nation's water needs and the manner to amend treaties to provide for that.

3. Cross border and domestic terrorism and the manner in which to mutually tackle the same whilst commiting both nations to declaring any form of violence being launched against the other using its territory as being a crime within that nation.

4. Relieving border tensions by committing certain corps to having regular dialogues on sniping and other activities.

5. Visa relaxations and trade talks.

6. Fishing rights disputes.

7. Joint naval anti-piracy agreements

8. Committments to nuclear arsenal reductions to start phasing out stockpiling and committment to a no - first use policy against each other.

9. No taxes being levied on mangoes being exported from India to Pakistan (for Aryan's benefit when he visits home) :D

You cannot compare Israel to India. Israel is a pariah state in most places. India is a globally recognised and respected democracy. Israel is at war with certain of its neighbours and has aggresive saber-rattling neigbors around it in most cases. India is relatively at peace with most of its neighbors (yes including Pakistan) and has to resolve land disputes in order to bring about total peace. Israel receives aid from the USA and other western countries without which it will be non-existent. India relies on its own growth to keep the nation going. The list is endless.

Pakistan foreign policy is dictated by ISI and Army. Their foreign minister doesn't have mandate to show any flexibility on any issues. This will be a photo session ceremony than anything else. Better to talk with Kiyani directly. He can do better on the issue of terrorism than their Government.

You cannot compare Israel to India. Israel is a pariah state in most places. India is a globally recognised and respected democracy. Israel is at war with certain of its neighbours and has aggresive saber-rattling neigbors around it in most cases. India is relatively at peace with most of its neighbors (yes including Pakistan) and has to resolve land disputes in order to bring about total peace. Israel receives aid from the USA and other western countries without which it will be non-existent. India relies on its own growth to keep the nation going. The list is endless.

I am not comparing two countries. The point I wanted to make is about the Israel's zero tolerance policy against terrorism. they have done exceptionaly well on that front. India should emulate that or buy useless weapons at the cost of poor people of India.

I am not comparing two countries. The point I wanted to make is about the Israel's zero tolerance policy against terrorism. they have done exceptionaly well on that front. India should emulate that or buy useless weapons at the cost of poor people of India.

What a sad git you are. Your posts suggest you are an advocate for war between pak and india. Do you know how much devastation and killing will result. aand there will be no winner.

What a sad git you are. Your posts suggest you are an advocate for war between pak and india. Do you know how much devastation and killing will result. aand there will be no winner.

I am no war monger. Zero tolerance policy against terrorism I have advocated nothing wrong in that. pakistan should also follow the suit.

Back
Top Bottom