What's new

India’s cotton export ban violates global trade norms: Bangladesh

Fcuk with trade global norms, First comes Indian consumer then the rest

They say 45% of our cotton demand is met by India. What is the chance of smuggling in cotton across the border now?

They say 45% of our cotton demand is met by India. What is the chance of smuggling in cotton across the border now?

Since diseased cows are allowed to be smuggled out of India doesn't mean anything can be smuggled. :lol:
And INDIA banned it's export since our CROP failed miserably. That's why BAN. This is probably the last time I am going to say that. More troll will have counter troll as reply.

uff...that was for only one day!
lol, that thread looked like all Indians will lose jobs :)
Anyway, govt is reversing the decision, the mill owner lobby forced govt to stop it, now farmer's lobby( including argi minister) are forcing them to open it.
There will be a compromise I think.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Since diseased cows are allowed to be smuggled out of India doesn't mean anything can be smuggled. :lol:
And INDIA banned it's export since our CROP failed miserably. That's why BAN. This is probably the last time I am going to say that. More troll will have counter troll as reply.

I think govt will reverse the decision because a crash in domestic price will hurt farmers.

45% comes for Uzbekistan. only 5-10% comes from India. India is not vital but can be shipped in short notice, so its important.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Never heard of it. Spinning mills are huge, they care less about smuggling rather open a LC to USA.

lol, that thread looked like all Indians will lose jobs :)
Anyway, govt is reversing the decision, the mill owner lobby forced govt to stop it, now farmer's lobby( including argi minister) are forcing them to open it.
There will be a compromise I think.

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I think govt will reverse the decision because a crash in domestic price will hurt farmers.

By all means. I am just saying that we should first think of our poor farmers and then give a damn about international politics.

I think govt will reverse the
decision because a crash in
domestic price will hurt farmers.
I don't think that would alter the position much. It's true now the farmers would get less price for their product, but the GoI wouldn't possibly risk a shortage of supply for the homegrown textile industry which they would have to make up through reimports.

The problem was the Pakistani textile market which is one of the most advanced (technologically) in the world. It needs a lot of cotton that the local supply cannot meet despite Pakistan being a major cotton producer.

India does not have a shortage of cotton - its facing a reduction in buyers for its textiles compared to Pakistani textiles. Its the rice scandal all over again - where India could not fight product to product so they decided to use underhand tactics. With the rice, they sold their rice shipments at a loss, in the hope that if they did it for some years Pakistani exports would die and the industry would crash - didn't happen, Pakistan played the quality card and we came out winners with Indians only incurring huge losses.

They couldn't just ban it for Pakistan this time with all the nonsense about MFN going to India. This is an MFN country which plays underhand tactics when it can't compete product against product? Pakistan will meet its supply from somewhere or the other.

You can bet, that China which has an even larger textile industry won't be too pleased about this underhanded tactic.

What would India do if all three nations found alternatives? Indian farmer would be the ultimate net-loser.

The problem was the Pakistani textile market which is one of the most advanced (technologically) in the world. It needs a lot of cotton that the local supply cannot meet despite Pakistan being a major cotton producer.

Any source for the Bold part above?

How is playing games when India is not able to supply its own market. Plus the ban is not gonna be for more than some weeks or couple of months, until the things are straightened out. I don't think Bangladeshi people are worried since they already want to ban Indian product same with Pakistan, so that leaves China, and I think China can 100% take care of itself even if they don't get Indian cotton for a short period of time.

A collective fu(k to all those complaining.

Our domestic industry should be of the utmost importance to us...screw the rules anyway.

A collective fu(k to all those complaining.

Our domestic industry should be of the utmost importance to us...screw the rules anyway.

What funny is these are the same people that cry at us when we tell them to let Indian product enter their market, now we do what they want, and even then they b*t(h us.:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom