What's new

India students caught 'cheating' in exams in Bihar

Sorry, I don't find any signs, from your people's comments in your websites and media's indifference.
Typical saying like "we are in the process", I know too much about your railway since I am a railway fan,

Being a railway fan won't help you understand the situation of our railways, it is already a very low-cost carrier with tickets as low as Rs.2. Then the fare was not hiked for more than a decade even though we had very high inflation, all these which were supposed to be pro-poor policies have made modernization, even maintenance of the railway difficult, upgrading rail lines, signaling systems, installing anti-collision devices, etc. are pending in many areas. It's only now the new government has changed the populist policies and the railway is slowly coming back to track. That incident has got its due coverage here, the response is not as intense as it used to be previously as we know that the new government is acting on it.

Under certain circumstances I had to show @Armstrong my degree. I guess he didn't believe that I was an engg. Lol
I hate being called a liar. I've been honest on this forum (mostly :-) ).

Hmmm.....! I don't think that was your photo, you lied to me! :D

Btw, will you start looking like a Martian if you go to Mars? :P

Hmmm.....! I don't think that was your photo, you lied to me! :D

Btw, will you start looking like a Martian if you go to Mars? :P
what? why would I lie to you?
yes I do look like a martian :lol:

Edit:
I did change my DP to prove my point but on the other side I was having a fight with manvan so i removed it.

Indian students caught cheating in exams in Bihar...& it becomes a topic in world affairs section. Any updates from FBI & Scotland Yard? :dirol:

LMAO

_81756891_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_i.jpg

Cheating in exams is fairly common in the Indian state of Bihar, but new images have emerged which show just how large-scale and blatant the practice is.

Many students smuggled in textbooks and notes into the examination centres despite tight security - and parents and friends were photographed scaling the walls of test centres to pass on answers to students during the current secondary school examinations.

_81756890_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_iv.jpg

he examinations, held by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB), began on Tuesday and are scheduled to go on until 24 March. Officials say more than 1.4 million students are taking the tests.
Most of the incidents of cheating this year have been reported from Saharsa, Chhapra, Vaishali and Hajipur districts.

Local newspapers have been full of photos of parents and relatives trying to help their children cheat even at considerable risk to their own lives, BBC Hindi's Manish Saandilya reports from the state capital, Patna.

Some photos even show policemen posted outside the centres accepting bribes to look the other way, our correspondent adds.

_81760455_cheating_-_saharsa_district.jpg

Photojournalist Dipankar, who took the photos in Saharsa district, says when he went into the examination hall and began taking pictures, the students did not seem worried at all.

Despite the many reports that have appeared in the local newspapers, the authorities seem uninterested in taking any action against the students, he says.

_81760456_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_vi.jpg

Dipankar says during a raid at just one school on Wednesday, the authorities seized sheets containing answers which filled up nine sacks.

Nearly 20 parents were detained briefly for trying to help their children cheat, but they were let go after a warning, he adds.

_81760457_cheating_-_saran_district_-_ii.jpg

At some schools, like this one in Saran in Chhapra district, parents also clashed with the police.

Those caught cheating can be barred from taking an examination for up to three years, they can also be jailed or ordered to pay a fine, but punishment in such cases has rarely been reported in Bihar.

_81760458_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_ix.jpg

Education officials say they are committed to holding free, fair and peaceful examinations, and that examination centres are being filmed and special "flying squads" of officials are making surprise visits to the centres.

They say at least 400 students who have been caught cheating have been expelled.

But they say the government alone cannot stop cheating without help from students and parents.

"What can the government do to stop cheating if parents and relatives are not ready to cooperate? Should the government give orders to shoot them?" the Times of India quoted Bihar Education Minister PK Shahi as saying.

Source: BBC News - India students caught 'cheating' in exams in Bihar
haha ...Hud Hay!

what? why would I lie to you?
yes I do look like a martian :lol:

Edit:
I did change my DP to prove my point but on the other side I was having a fight with manvan so i removed it.

Yes, you lied to me! :mad: Now please get angry and post a dozen of your original pics, I suspect you to be an illegal BD and ISI agent. :D Where is manvan btw?

Yes, you lied to me! :mad: Now please get angry and post a dozen of your original pics, I suspect you to be an illegal BD and ISI agent. :D Where is manvan btw?
He's on the other thread about nuns...we just exposed him. :P

Under certain circumstances I had to show @Armstrong my degree. I guess he didn't believe that I was an engg. Lol
I hate being called a liar. I've been honest on this forum (mostly :-) ).

I have selective amnesia so I don't even remember what was written on that degree ! :whistle:

LMAO

_81756891_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_i.jpg

Cheating in exams is fairly common in the Indian state of Bihar, but new images have emerged which show just how large-scale and blatant the practice is.

Many students smuggled in textbooks and notes into the examination centres despite tight security - and parents and friends were photographed scaling the walls of test centres to pass on answers to students during the current secondary school examinations.

_81756890_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_iv.jpg

he examinations, held by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB), began on Tuesday and are scheduled to go on until 24 March. Officials say more than 1.4 million students are taking the tests.
Most of the incidents of cheating this year have been reported from Saharsa, Chhapra, Vaishali and Hajipur districts.

Local newspapers have been full of photos of parents and relatives trying to help their children cheat even at considerable risk to their own lives, BBC Hindi's Manish Saandilya reports from the state capital, Patna.

Some photos even show policemen posted outside the centres accepting bribes to look the other way, our correspondent adds.

_81760455_cheating_-_saharsa_district.jpg

Photojournalist Dipankar, who took the photos in Saharsa district, says when he went into the examination hall and began taking pictures, the students did not seem worried at all.

Despite the many reports that have appeared in the local newspapers, the authorities seem uninterested in taking any action against the students, he says.

_81760456_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_vi.jpg

Dipankar says during a raid at just one school on Wednesday, the authorities seized sheets containing answers which filled up nine sacks.

Nearly 20 parents were detained briefly for trying to help their children cheat, but they were let go after a warning, he adds.

_81760457_cheating_-_saran_district_-_ii.jpg

At some schools, like this one in Saran in Chhapra district, parents also clashed with the police.

Those caught cheating can be barred from taking an examination for up to three years, they can also be jailed or ordered to pay a fine, but punishment in such cases has rarely been reported in Bihar.

_81760458_cheating_-_saharsa_district_-_ix.jpg

Education officials say they are committed to holding free, fair and peaceful examinations, and that examination centres are being filmed and special "flying squads" of officials are making surprise visits to the centres.

They say at least 400 students who have been caught cheating have been expelled.

But they say the government alone cannot stop cheating without help from students and parents.

"What can the government do to stop cheating if parents and relatives are not ready to cooperate? Should the government give orders to shoot them?" the Times of India quoted Bihar Education Minister PK Shahi as saying.

Source: BBC News - India students caught 'cheating' in exams in Bihar

:lol:.. That's pretty epic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom