What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

HeHeHehehe; you have just displayed your ignorance of not only PHYSICS but also of DRIVING. :lol:
First of all Ms.Sanjevani; one does not lose speed on a turn while driving due to changing gears! One is going to lose speed on a turn, so one needs to change gears i.e. shift into a lower gear to regain momentum (and torque) and recover the lost velocity. A deficient driver shifts after (or into) the turn. The smarter driver shifts before the turn, by which he also gains/maintains traction. Simple PHYSICS.
Just to enlighten you, just look at how F1 and other racing drivers take turns/bends......That will also explain why race-cars (and premium performance cars) have paddle-shifting for rapid-fire shifting.

Now about Aircraft: Pilots use a similar technique sans gears........to achieve the same effect. Again Simple PHYSICS! Its related to ENERGY and the "bleeding" thereof.
Now find out what they do...........:D

Since this topic is not about driving or mechanics, I did not bother to go into details. Modern roads have banking so there is no loss of speed while turning. Unless is a sudden turn. get it ?

Find out what chip on the shoulder means.

Now I am awaiting for the test in which missile the target and come back.

I vaguely remember that advanced cruise missile do terrain mapping using tercom or something like that..

They do all the sneaking so as to reach the target..
It only proved that Nirbhay could reach a speed more that 1.5 mach when flying a bit higher in straight line.

DRDO has come a LOOONG way in the missile department, I think we can all agree.

It's going to be only a matter of time before we see the same affect with the next tank and aero projects!
Yes sir!!! Now we need to deploy these in good numbers into our forces

Not really, speed can be changed as per maneuvers in the terminal phase or during loitering.
Why do you think RLG and GPS aided nav is there in a Cruise missile anyway......

Navigation aids are not there to change speed, its there to provide course correction.

The whole point of the missile will be to ensure that speed is not lost. Not the other way around.

Crazy thing is, there are several more missile, smart bomb projects going to occur in the near future. Almost covering the whole spectrum of needs.
Im Desperate about THIS One
B0IDN0jCYAAet1t.jpg:large

Since this topic is not about driving or mechanics, I did not bother to go into details. Modern roads have banking so there is no loss of speed while turning. Unless is a sudden turn. get it ?

Find out what chip on the shoulder means.

First find out what Simple PHYSICS says, Ms.Sanjeevani. :rofl:
BTW, the banked turns are a safety feature. Again 'Energy' related as in Centripetal, Centrifugal etc ;)

So with this test we also validated that our jet engine is a go too !!!

It only proved that Nirbhay could reach a speed more that 1.5 mach when flying a bit higher in straight line.

No it can not. It uses the Gas turbine engine. To cross mach 1 it has to be push very hard (Probably in after burner mode) Which will burn a lots of fuel. This type of missile are optimized for fuel efficiency for higher range and not for high speed. It is a mach 0.7 speed missile. That is why it took more than 1 hour (nearly 1 Hr. 30 minutes) to reach 1050 KM.

Back
Top Bottom