What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

Good luck launching a satellite on your own in the next decade(Atleast)... what India did more than 4 decades ago!!!!
Best of luck!!! superior Pakistanis

Dumbo, why would we do that when we have better alternatives?

Even some of the super advance nations like Israel etc. doesn't regularly launch their own satellites. Not because they can't, it is just about economic feasibility.

Launching satellite has opportunity costs greater for smaller nations...hence they don't launch it.

Stop being such idiots, indians. Grow up.

India's Cruise Missile Nirbhay: 10 Must-Know Facts

Cruise missile, Nirbhay, was test-fired today from Chandipur in Odisha.
Indian defence scientists have developed a cruise missile - the Nirbhay - which was successfully test-fired today from Chandipur in Odisha. Its first test on March 12 last year had failed, with the missile being terminated after launch as it deviated from its flight trajectory.
Here are 10 must-know points about India's Nirbhay or ‘fearless missile’:
It is a sub-sonic cruise missile. It blasts off like a rocket, but then unlike a missile, it turns into an aircraft. Unlike other ballistic missiles like the Agni, Nirbhay has wings and pronounced tail fins. In early flight after launch, the rocket motor falls off and the small wings get deployed.
At this point a gas turbine engine kicks in and it becomes like a full aircraft.The Nirbhay is very maneuverable and can fly at tree-top level making it difficult to detect on radar.Once near the target, it can even hover, striking at will from any direction.
It can strike targets more than 700 km away carrying nuclear warheads, giving India the capability to strike deep into enemy territory.It gives India the capacity to launch different kinds of payloads at different ranges from various platforms at a very low cost. It can be launched from a mobile launcher.
The missile has a fire-and-forget system that cannot be jammed.It is India's answer to America's Tomahawk and Pakistan's Babur missile. The US had deployed cruise missiles very effectively during the Gulf War.
India has made ballistic missile and tactical missiles of different capacity, but is yet to master the making of a cruise missiles
Indians your own channel admitting its basically answer to Babur and Tomahawk and the features it tell are exactly same in BABUR and range 700 KM @Munir @Horus

Indian defence scientists have developed a cruise missile - the Nirbhay - which was successfully test-fired today from Chandipur in Odisha. Its first test on March 12 last year had failed, with the missile being terminated after launch as it deviated from its flight trajectory.
It is a sub-sonic cruise missile. It blasts off like a rocket, but then unlike a missile, it turns into an aircraft. Unlike other ballistic missiles like the Agni, Nirbhay has wings and pronounced tail fins. In early flight after launch, the rocket motor falls off and the small wings get deployed.
At this point a gas turbine engine kicks in and it becomes like a full aircraft.The Nirbhay is very maneuverable and can fly at tree-top level making it difficult to detect on radar.Once near the target, it can even hover, striking at will from any direction.
It can strike targets more than 700 km away carrying nuclear warheads, giving India the capability to strike deep into enemy territory.It gives India the capacity to launch different kinds of payloads at different ranges from various platforms at a very low cost. It can be launched from a mobile launcher.
The missile has a fire-and-forget system that cannot be jammed.It is India's answer to America's Tomahawk and Pakistan's Babur missile. The US had deployed cruise missiles very effectively during the Gulf War.
India has made ballistic missile and tactical missiles of different capacity, but is yet to master the making of a cruise missiles
Indians your own channel admitting its basically answer to Babur and Tomahawk and the features it tell are exactly same in BABUR and range 700 KM @Munir @Horus
well sir we dont need nirbhay for pakistan for pakistan prahar/prathiba & bhramos are sufficient as all pakistani targets are 80-150 KM from indo pak border

secodlli since tomahawk nirbhay ais also a cruise missile

so whats your point mait ?

Best of luck for doing what Pakistan did more than a decade ago!

:rofl:

Backward, inferior indians.
dair aayet durust aayet ;)

I kept going from last to page 14. But could not find the post @Ammyy got negative rating for.

Give me the link of that post. I want to go through 'abuse of TT(ping pong)' saga :)

Our Channels are admitting that Its range is 'more than 700 km' which is true as 1050 km is more than 700 km.
DRDO chief himself confirmed that today it achieved 4 digit range( I.e 1000 km+) so do you think one need anymore source?

@levina
In case you missed the news sis
Hey thanks!

I had completely forgotten about it :-)

Now I've some doubts ...
1) It has a fire and forget system which can't be jammed...so would it not be dangerous if we need to deviate the path/or change the target after firing??
2) I heard Nirbhay has the capabilities to strike the target from any direction once close to the target.But how? how does it calculate where exactly to strike?
3) it can fly at tree top level without getting detected...that's like going the MH 370 way!!! I would like to know what is the this tree top level distance we are talking about?? as in is it really 7-8 metres over the ground or above it??

I know I sound very dilettante with those questions but am just curious :)

I dnt knw... i thought levina is a dude!!! damn!
should that matter???

I kept going from last to page 14. But could not find the post @Ammyy got negative rating for.

Give me the link of that post. I want to go through 'abuse of TT(ping pong)' saga :)
That post was funny, There was many thanks from Indians, One negative rating, and a positive rating .... all for the same post :lol:

Hey thanks!

I had completely forgotten about it :-)

Now I've some doubts ...
1) It has a fire and forget system which can't be jammed...so would it not be dangerous if we need to deviate the path/or change the target after firing??
2) I heard Nirbhay has the capabilities to strike the target from any direction once close to the target.But how? how does it calculate where exactly to strike?
3) it can fly at tree top level without getting detected...that's like going the MH 370 way!!! I would like to know what is the this tree top level distance we are talking about?? as in is it really 7-8 metres over the ground or above it??

I know I sound very dilettante with those questions but am just curious :)

I dont think I am adjectly the write person to answer those questions. Maybe these Guys can help.
@SpArK @sancho @Abingdonboy @acetophenol @sandy_3126 @Water Car Engineer @KRAIT
Help her please. Any other members with technical know how are most welcome.

Last edited:
@Sam Manekshaw @bloo@SpArK @sancho @Abingdonboy @acetophenol @sandy136 @Water Car Engineer

Now if "4 more " waypoints where covered then only 10 Way points where planned. And when the controllers saw extra fuel they went for the extra 4 waypoints. That dose point towards that Nirbhay can take commands from the controllers and can have "Lock-On After Launch" and if it can report back it's vitals also it can report back a realtime video link which can be analysed to further optimize it's mission. And dose this also validate that we are using sat-com for the communication with it ?? 1050Km

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom