What's new

India,the world’s third-largest economy by 2030? Dream on

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that India is missing all the GDP growth targets every year.

www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/162264-indias-economic-growth-weakest-almost-3-years.html

India's official growth target = 9%+

India's actual current growth rate = 6.1%

True mate you know the most awkward thing is our economy really shows a way too much fluctuations but I still believe that India will become atleast number 4 by 2030 bcoz of both human and Natural resources .we were nothing 20 years back but now we are giving good competition to many welloff economies.

Plus 6% is still good :)

Buddy, the thread is not about India China comparison but India becoming third largest economy by 2030 after China and US. With current GDP growth it is quite possible.

And the point of the discussion is? To gloat? I thought reviewing and strengthening weaknesses was the main point of discussion not about oh we are the 3rd far behind US and 1st China in 2030.

I think it would be hard for India to reach its target as per current conditions due to lack of planning and dedication. There are also too many delays in project implementation that delay is slowing down Indian economic growth. On top of that Iran's oil has lack of uncertainty due to current unrest in the middle east so any blockade would affect India even if its for shortest period of even a day.
There are too many odds against India even population growth. According to the sources India would become the largest populated country by 2020 which will mean more people which is good in the sense of further economic growth but will decrease its per capita income for the long term phase.
There is also the corrupted politicians who lack understanding and are only there for their piece of money and most have narrow vision of future of development. There are too many hindrance in achieving proper growth for India unless it gets all its acts together and get rid of dumb local illiterate politicians

[/U]]Hahaha yup keep on dreaming india, i read in an article that back in the days it was predicted that india will be the country to compete with america in every aspect but they couldnt even catch up with china, typical lol

LMAO your Avatar's really showing whose the one dreaming here ( ISLAM WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD) LOL.:rofl:

And the point of the discussion is? To gloat? I thought reviewing and strengthening weaknesses was the main point of discussion not about oh we are the 3rd far behind US and 1st China in 2030.

This thread was started for trolling and bashing India. Simple, look at the GDP growth rate of UK, France, Germany,Japan, Italy everyone has GDP growth rate below 2% and India 6-9% and even Brazil and Russia has lower GDP growth rate than India. So, conceding own's limit and ground reality is not gloating.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

This thread was started for trolling and bashing India. Simple, look at the GDP growth rate of UK, France, Germany,Japan, Italy everyone has GDP growth rate below 2% and India 6-9% and even Brazil and Russia has lower GDP growth rate than India. So, conceding own's limit and ground reality is not gloating.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

But the GDP of india hasn't even reached 1/3 of japan.

indian gdp @ present is same as china had 7-8 years ago

This is a financially illiterate statement. Nominal GDP is 7-8 years behind. This is probably an exaggertion too. But let's assume you are honest, petro cost 50% less 7-8 years ago and same for Gold and everything else. And I'm not even factoring in the population growth component. No wonder something like 40% of Indians are WORST off today than 8 years ago. Keep living in India-Will Land, that must be a magical place.

As this is a discussion between us two then I would have to tell you that those nations you listed are mainly either Developed nations or nations which are semi developed 2nd world nations. Again it refers to my point of strengthening a nations weakness.

As this is a discussion between us two then I would have to tell you that those nations you listed are mainly either Developed nations or nations which are semi developed 2nd world nations. Again it refers to my point of strengthening a nations weakness.

Thanks for pointing out that. But the thread is about India being Third largest economy by GDP size nominal, not the GDP per capita. We will still remain a 3rd world country but better than what we are today. Its simple economics, what is there in bashing India for that.

there is going to be a lot of mud slinging from the Chinese brothers and the western brothers.
The question is do we have to react to their cirticism and loose our cool. We just need to ignore and concentrate on what is needed for the hour after all this prediction of INDIA being the 3rd largest economy is not even propsed by and INDIAN, its some random westerner.

So congrats to CHINA in achieving what you have, and congrats to the west for being the leaders in economy so far, and thanks for your cirticism against us, we are too cool to be intimidated may be a few immature INDIAN bloggers will loose thier cool over your cirtisim but not the inteligent and more mature INDIAN bloggers.

Have fun and live long.

Well, thanks for pointing out that. But the thread is about India being Third largest economy by GDP size nominal, not the GDP per capita. We will still remain a 3rd world country but better than what we are today. Its simple economics, what is there in bashing India for that.

No one here is bashing...I point out my countries weakness all the time. Without a power there to always point out weaknesses the government will think they have nowhere to improve. In Australia we call it 'Keeping the bastards honest'

True mate you know the most awkward thing is our economy really shows a way too much fluctuations but I still believe that India will become atleast number 4 by 2030 bcoz of both human and Natural resources .we were nothing 20 years back but now we are giving good competition to many welloff economies.

Plus 6% is still good :)

Those 20-year predictions of the future were based on the prospect of India being able to maintain its recent high growth rate.

But India's growth rate is now collapsing to 6.1% with further slowdowns on the way.

Those 20-year predictions of the future were based on the prospect of India being able to maintain its recent high growth rate.

But India's growth rate is now collapsing to 6.1% with further slowdowns on the way.

i think same happening in your China also troll dragon. Didn't Euro-crisis hit your economy so hard reducing GDP growth considerably causing mass unemployment and crashing of Hangseng. Shall we expect China's GDP growth rate will reach 5% very soon using your logic.

Even this 6% is much higher than those country having higher GDP size then India.

As I have already said, most threads by Indians are in the future tense. "India WILL do this, WILL do that, blah blah blah". These cheap propaganda artists should swallow some bitter pills and only post about their ACTUAL achievements if any. Keep your fantasies to yourselves. If you publicize themselves in the international arena, do not blame others when they laugh at you.

A country that can't design a single decent working assault rifle, sniper rifle, a working MBT that other countries would take a second look at, goes to foreign countries to seek assistance in building aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines to fool the masses of ignorant and hungry who number above 700 million, probably.

i think same happening in your China also troll dragon. Didn't Euro-crisis hit your economy so hard reducing GDP growth considerably causing mass unemployment and crashing of Hangseng. Shall we expect China's GDP growth rate will reach 5% very soon using your logic.

Even this 6% is much higher than those country having higher GDP size then India.

LOL, here are the actual facts:

China's latest GDP growth rate = 9.2%

India's latest GDP growth rate = 6.1%

And considering that China's base economy is four times larger than India's to start with, the disparity is even more enormous.

You guys like to predict that China's growth rate will collapse, but it backfired... and now it happened to you instead. Even though you were already so far behind in the first place. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom