What's new

India to outpace China by 2030: US intelligence report

China already imports Vietnamese and North Koreans the best option is a two child policy or scrapping the one child policy and encouraging a population growth.

when China becomes very developed,her population will decline naturally like the case in most highly developed economies,people will choose having less or even no children by then.

Growth is slowing mainly due to the aging population & the one child policy, China has allowed North Koreans & Vietnamese to make up for some labor shortages, but even then that will not cut it adjusting the one child policy to a two child policy or scrapping it completely will make up for the problems.

Most people in China (the younger generation) don't even want more than one child, is that true? I saw it on a tv program.

I think China need skilled immigrant, even scraping the 1 child policy will not do much as either today family who can pay would have more tha n1 child to go for a boy, if a family cannot pay then they will not be able to raise 2 or more anyway.

Don't get me wrong, 1 child policy is the center of the problem, but getting rid of them now will not solve anything, it will solve the long term problem but skill migrant is what China need, they don't need lower class laborer but middle class skill worker or middle class managment.

There is already talk of scrapping the one child policy for a two child one in 2013 or 2015 and getting rid of it in 2020 completely, as for skilled immigration maybe possibly from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia.

when China becomes very developed,her population will decline naturally like the case in most highly developed economies,people will choose having less or even no children by then.

Population is already suffering from problems it's the fertility of it is low, China is also suffering from an aging problem on par with developed countries and it will hurt china's competitiveness on the world stage even CPC members are aware of it, but I do agree on some points.

Most people in China (the younger generation) don't even want more than one child, is that true? I saw it on a tv program.
Its mostly in major cities, not in towns and villages.

Chinese are still more connected to their parents and other relatives than Western people and still follow same family structure in the majority of the region. This family obligation and connection often play an important role in family structure of any society.

But the trend you are pointing at is still something to be taken into consideration to avoid sudden vacuum of worker generation and increased dependent generation.

size of population is a double edge sword for a country,it can help you someway but it can also cut you deeply,China's one child policy came for a reason.

The One Child Policy has served it's purpose and it has brought success but carries problems now even the cpc is aware of this hence they are talking of a two child policy to deal with the aging population and labor shortage. China in the past had to many people and brought many problems that's why it was introduced.

Abolishing The One-Child Policy Is Top China's Reform Agenda - Business Insider

I don't know about Sudan, but by 2050 Nigeria will probably become an African world power.

Actually Europe is suffering from it's own aging problem only country that is growing is Russia, As for Africa Nigeria would be the best bet.

Chinese work like machines and yes i'm a witness. I doubt any other nation could outpace them, not at least in my life time.

Its funny predictions,

India is struggling to grow at 5-6% in this year due to government paralysis. So how it is expected to outpace China.

This predictions should be in stupid and funny section.

If India gets a single party majority government then it might push some big ticket reforms to push growth rate but with multiple parties forming coalition govt, high growth rates are a dream only.

size of population is a double edge sword for a country,it can help you someway but it can also cut you deeply,China's one child policy came for a reason.

You are correct, if huge population is not employed then it will lead to unrests and insurgencies in a country. Hence India needs big manufacturing industries which will employ million people.

Chinese work like machines and yes i'm a witness. I doubt any other nation could outpace them, not at least in my life time.

I recently read somewhere that a big company in China has 'nets' around its factory to catch workers who jump off to commit suicide. Several had already died, very sad :(

China and other countries must create better conditions for workers, we are not machines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom