United States
IBNLive Sports#international hockey #hockey #india #pakistan
Secretary General
hockey-gen_0811getty_630.jpg

Pakistan Hockey Federation

I have gone through the attached press news coverage as appeared in the Indian Express newspaper on 4 April 2015.

We can not imagine the Olympics being played and the Indian and Pakistan teams not being a part of the hockey discipline and incase you are unable to raise resources for the training of the team for the World League Round 3 to be played in Belgium, which is also an Olympic Qualification tournament for the the Pakistan team. Even though the issue during the FIH Champions Trophy 2014 is yet to be resolved, but we are still willing to approach Government of India or our sponsors and well wishers to bail out the Pakistan Hockey Federation and our neighbour out of this difficult situation so that we have a healthy competition amongst us in Rio 2016.

We await your feedback

Mohd. Mushtaque Ahmad

Secretary General

HOCKEY INDIA

India to Pakistan: We can bail out hockey in Pakistan if you want - IBNLive

how are they planing to bailout Pakistan Hockey, Indian hockey is in no better shape if not worst than Pakistan.

Well, I do not know the details, but it mentions that it will reach out to GOI who is not short of funds.

Money, my dear chap, Money. Pakistan hockey seems to have no funds and Hockey India is seemingly flush with it.

"New Delhi, 16 February 2015: Hero Hockey India League 2015 today announced the prize money for the winners of the third edition of the tournament. The winning team takes home a cheque of Rs 2.5 Crore alongwith the glittering trophy which every team in the Tournament has been vying for. The runner up and the team placed third in the League will be awarded Rs 1.25 Crore and Rs 75 Lakh respectively. This is the highest prize money in a Hockey Tournament across the world."

I personally feel this is good thing happening and these kind of things are needed. Sports is sports and good gesture will develop good relationship.
I personally want India to play the role of country where neighbors can reach out for help. We have to get to that point it is very important, I see Narendra Modi doing it already.

It's not a matter of resources. Ever since the west introduced astroturf in hockey, desi teams have struggled. Our youngsters grow up playing hockey on rough uneven ground, they don't have access to astroturf surfaces to practise well enough.

Money, my dear chap, Money. Pakistan hockey seems to have no funds and Hockey India is seemingly flush with it.

"New Delhi, 16 February 2015: Hero Hockey India League 2015 today announced the prize money for the winners of the third edition of the tournament. The winning team takes home a cheque of Rs 2.5 Crore alongwith the glittering trophy which every team in the Tournament has been vying for. The runner up and the team placed third in the League will be awarded Rs 1.25 Crore and Rs 75 Lakh respectively. This is the highest prize money in a Hockey Tournament across the world."

there was time when Pakistan hockey was flushed with money yet it still kept going down and the reason...no spectators to watch them play. Since Imran days of thrilling cricket, kids lost interest in Hockey and every kid wanted to become a fast bowler...and now we get a new fast bowler everyday of the years...but we have no batsman and no one have any interest in hockey.

IBNLive Sports#international hockey #hockey #india #pakistan
Secretary General
hockey-gen_0811getty_630.jpg

Pakistan Hockey Federation

I have gone through the attached press news coverage as appeared in the Indian Express newspaper on 4 April 2015.

We can not imagine the Olympics being played and the Indian and Pakistan teams not being a part of the hockey discipline and incase you are unable to raise resources for the training of the team for the World League Round 3 to be played in Belgium, which is also an Olympic Qualification tournament for the the Pakistan team. Even though the issue during the FIH Champions Trophy 2014 is yet to be resolved, but we are still willing to approach Government of India or our sponsors and well wishers to bail out the Pakistan Hockey Federation and our neighbour out of this difficult situation so that we have a healthy competition amongst us in Rio 2016.

We await your feedback

Mohd. Mushtaque Ahmad

Secretary General

HOCKEY INDIA

India to Pakistan: We can bail out hockey in Pakistan if you want - IBNLive
Is this a joke? When is the last time Pakistan did India any favours? To this day they are sending terrorists to kill Indians on Indian soil. Modi talks a big talk "we will not talk to Pakistani unless it is on our terms etc" and then there are these kind of gestures made...

This sort of doublespeak and conflicting messages only emboldens the Pakistani establishment to continue as it is. Isolate Pakistan on the global community, don't provide them handouts!

Have some consistency.

Dhanday waad aap ka... Nai chahiye koi help.

Mohd. Mustaque Ahmad... Likes Pakistan so much to give free handouts..