Pakistan is out of tournament and India in semi final :D

ok let see if Indi looses
India will have 7 point
if Pakistan wins
Pakistan will have 6 point

Pakistan is out of tournament and India in semi final :D
And how d u get that magical extra point

looks like Pakistan will not make to Semi....it was must win for them

Not really. Firstly India is up against Australia next which will most probably be an Australian win whereas Pakistan is up against France, a game we should win, meaning that Pakistan and India will have the same points. Goal difference will matter on who comes second then.

Secondly its not the first two in the group only who go further to the next round. Its the first four meaning as long as you dont come last in the group you are through to the next round. Australia will beat Poland in a bit meaning that Australia, Pakistan, France and India will qualify from this group. Of course who you face in the quarters will depend upon your position in your group but as far as I see Malaysia, Belgium and GB are all teams of a similar calibre and Pakistan, India and France will play against them in the quarters whereas Ireland will most probably play against Australia. As such the exact position we get in the group does not really matter as much as long as we qualify which we practically have once Australia beat Poland.

Pools | FIH

Pakistan played serious Poor Hockey Overall. Poor midfield work, Poor defending, Poor attacking . We are lucky to score through a plenty stroke and a plenty corner, otherwise we'd have easily lost the game.

We need a better coach, a Foreign coach perhaps who has impove the conditioning of the players and teach them some new tactics .

Pakistan played serious Poor Hockey Overall. Poor midfield work, Poor defending, Poor attacking . We are lucky to score through a plenty stroke and a plenty corner, otherwise we'd have easily lost the game.

We need a better coach, a Foreign coach perhaps who has impove the conditioning of the players and teach them some new tactics .
We need FUNDING first of all.

Its fitness and a lack of a decent striker I would say. As soon as we got in the opponents half the goal seemed to be not to score but to hit the feet of an opponent player within the D. We didnt have any charismatic and skillful strikers who would take on the opponents defenders and try to score. Sure penalty corners are a good way of scoring but the target first and foremost should be to score goals directly. Thats what India was trying to do and admittingly they looked the more dangerous team. On the other hand we for a brief moment had a 11 to 9 man advantage and were still playing really slowly and aiming for their feet.

We need FUNDING first of all.

True. Sure we can blame these players for a lack of passion and not going in as hard as we would like them too but at the end of the day they are doing their job and if you dont get paid for doing your job then morale will drop no doubt.

Is it just me or did Pakistani players looked smaller and physically weaker than the Indian players today ?? What is going on ? Are we getting malnutritioned ??:o:

Pakistani players in their good old days used to be as Physically Stronger as the Aussies,Brits etc.

Indians looked better conditioned than us, which came as a surprise to me .

Last edited:
Its fitness and a lack of a decent striker I would say. As soon as we got in the opponents half the goal seemed to be not to score but to hit the feet of an opponent player within the D. We didnt have any charismatic and skillful strikers who would take on the opponents defenders and try to score. Sure penalty corners are a good way of scoring but the target first and foremost should be to score goals directly. Thats what India was trying to do and admittingly they looked the more dangerous team. On the other hand we for a brief moment had a 11 to 9 man advantage and were still playing really slowly and aiming for their feet.

True. Sure we can blame these players for a lack of passion and not going in as hard as we would like them too but at the end of the day they are doing their job and if you dont get paid for doing your job then morale will drop no doubt.
What do u say about planning attacking continously from right side and getting into 1 to 3 disadvantage plus lack of penetration simply bcoz they were lunging and not creating gaps

Thy have been playing without gettng paid for months so honestly i dont pin any hopes with them to win nor i blame them for defeats.

Its just a game pals. Chill .
India might loose to Australia, all I wish is that they play at their potential remembering the nation.

Back
Top Bottom