What's new

India vs Pakistan: T20 Worldcup Big Clash | Mother of all Matches in World Cricket

I think the distribution of both groups is very unfair. I know it’s pure luck may be but look at Group 1

Australia
England
South Africa
West Indies
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

they all have the potential to beat each other and will have to give their best to stay in the group

and look at Group 2

Pakistan
New Zealand
India
Scotland
Afghanistan
Namibia

the bottom line is… if no surprise happens and if Pakistan beats New Zealand tomorrow they have basically already qualified for Semi Final

and if New Zealand does blunder against India they still have enough chance to bounce back

basically in Group 2… the real completion is just 3 games of Pakistan vs NZ and India vs NZ besides the one played yesterday

for India it’s a simple math that they can’t afford to lose any more games as if Pakistan beats NZ tomorrow and NZ beats India… both Pakistan and NZ goes in the semi final given no surprises happen
Don't under estimate Scotland . It's a dark celtic horse playing bagpipes , wearing a kilt. 😅

Don't under estimate Scotland . It's a dark celtic horse playing bagpipes , wearing a kilt. 😅
I am slightly worried about Afghanistan as they might give 200% of their performance

but Scotland should be easy match

I am slightly worried about Afghanistan as they might give 200% of their performance

I think T-20 is such a wildcard format that almost ANY team can beat ANY other team regardless of the conditions. The potentials for such 'upsets' are the highest in such format.
BTW, pleasantly surprised that Afghanistan--which doesn't even have a 'recognized' govt is able to send team for such contests and funds them. Good. I wish them good luck. They need some cheering. I wouldn't mind Pakistan beats them in the Finals!

I think the distribution of both groups is very unfair. I know it’s pure luck may be but look at Group 1

Australia
England
South Africa
West Indies
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh

they all have the potential to beat each other and will have to give their best to stay in the group

and look at Group 2

Pakistan
New Zealand
India
Scotland
Afghanistan
Namibia

the bottom line is… if no surprise happens and if Pakistan beats New Zealand tomorrow they have basically already qualified for Semi Final

and if New Zealand does blunder against India they still have enough chance to bounce back

basically in Group 2… the real completion is just 3 games of Pakistan vs NZ and India vs NZ besides the one played yesterday

for India it’s a simple math that they can’t afford to lose any more games as if Pakistan beats NZ tomorrow and NZ beats India… both Pakistan and NZ goes in the semi final given no surprises happen
I would beg to differ in that in Group 1 only Australia and England are serious contenders. South Africa has the potential, but then they always had that. Srilanka meh, Bangladesh batting wise somewhat can hold their own. WI the ultimate wildcard, i don't see the magic happening if the last games are anything to go by. In 2 Afghanistan is a serious threat.

Yeah, was there in the stadium last time Afghanistan played Pakistan. Same old "Phainjabay vs Phayshthoon" racist mentality.
That's the only thing which makes them to perform against Pakistan.
Afghan fans were shouting "Dal khor " in our faces and I can't write here what we were shouting back at them 🤣.
It's all good fun. End result is an aggressive, well good cricket match.
They will playbto take revenge of Ranjit Singh attacks on Afghanistan, and fir "Honir" of entire pushtoon race.
I will have that any day. It's just a reason for a trash team to play very good cricket.

As someone pointed out: Group A is very competitive compared with Group B. A little unfair to the countries in Group A. I wonder how they come up with such formulations?
Take a guess. BCCI so that India can qualify easily.
I think T-20 is such a wildcard format that almost ANY team can beat ANY other team regardless of the conditions. The potentials for such 'upsets' are the highest in such format.
BTW, pleasantly surprised that Afghanistan--which doesn't even have a 'recognized' govt is able to send team for such contests and funds them. Good. I wish them good luck. They need some cheering. I wouldn't mind Pakistan beats them in the Finals!
Here is another one for you. Afghanistan qualified directly. Afghanistan has the highest win ratio for any team in T20 followed by Pakistan. Bangladesh and WI had to play qualifiers to qualify. Bangladesh almost got knocked out of the WC.

Last edited:
I would beg to differ in that in Group 1 only Australia and England are serious contenders. South Africa has the potential, but then they always had that. Srilanka meh, Bangladesh batting wise somewhat can hold their own. WI the ultimate wildcard, i don't see the magic happening if the last games are anything to go by. In 2 Afghanistan is a serious threat.
West Indies is the only 2 time World Champion if my memory is correct and currently the world champion of T-20 and you are disregarding them

South Africa can beat any time in the world and Sri Lanka despite the fact they were out of touch for 5-8 years seems to have found their team back and performing well in the last year or so. Bangladesh as usual is underdog but have improved significantly and even beaten Australia recently

comeon boys and girls, we have had our fun, lets not be arrogant and cocky like .. well ahem! some people, one down, two to go (NZ and England) as far as i am concerned, cup jetay na jetay mujhay masla nahin :P

comeon boys and girls, we have had our fun, lets not be arrogant and cocky like .. well ahem! some people, one down, two to go (NZ and England) as far as i am concerned, cup jetay na jetay mujhay masla nahin :P
Nobody asked you to join?
If you don't like it, stay away.
Fed up of snobs like you. 😆

Very nice Babar interview from last year.

He said it earlier too that he studies and has tried to bring into his game aspects of Kohli's batting style, no wonder the similarity and that they seem to get along. He's 5 or 6 years his junior, he can go really far and become the next Inzy, Saeed Anwar, Yousuf level guy for Pak. Nice down to earth guy, more introverted and Sachin like in personality than Virat, who is a bit like the legendary Merv Hughes.

1635177353465.png

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is another one for you. Afghanistan qualified directly. Afghanistan has the highest win ratio for any team in T20 followed by Pakistan. Bangladesh and WI had to play qualifiers to qualify. Bangladesh almost got knocked out of the WC.

Wow! Didn't know that. Then Afghanistan is not as much of a 'minnow' cricket team I thought before. Thanks for sharing.
As of now, the slogan for me is: "May the Best Team [Minus India] Win". Hahahaha!
PS. Nothing against NZ or England. The players were not responsible for the upper management decisions to NOT come to Pakistan. Besides, NZ and Pakistan play each other amicably. Not the dramas associated between some other teams.

Back
Top Bottom