What's new

India will add more cars than China in 20 years

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
High fuel costs notwithstanding, India is set to add more vehicles for every 1,000 people compared with China over the next two decades. This can be attributed to rapid economic development, industrialisation and ubranisation, according to BP Energy Outlook 2030.

Estimates from domestic auto industry body SIAM showed that in January domestic passenger car sales grew 7.2 per cent to 1,96,013 units from 1,82,852 units in the same month last year.

BP's Energy Outlook 2030 forecasts the vehicle density in India growing from 20 for every 1,000 people now to 65 by 2030, at an annualised growth of 6.7 per cent. But in China, the density will grow annually at 5.7 per cent, as the world's most populous country is projected to have 140 vehicles per 1,000 people, up from 50 now.

Though the transportation sector is expected to experience the slowest growth, in terms of fuel consumption at 26 per cent, according to BP, the global vehicle fleet is set to expand by 60 per cent to 1.6 billion units by 2030, with much of the growth happening in the developing countries.

The slower vehicle ownership growth in China reflects the impact of current and assumed future policies, designed to limit oil import dependency and congestion, including rising fuel taxation, widespread mass transportation options and relatively uneven income distribution.

The energy consumed by the transport sector will grow annually at 1.2 per cent till 2030, down from 1.9 per cent a year between 1999 and 2010. This decline is on account of improvements in fuel efficiency and the impact of high oil prices on driving behaviour, said Mr Christof Ruhl, Chief Group Economist, BP Plc.

Business Line : Industry & Economy News : India will add more cars than China in 20 years

another "will be",indian mentality.this is the reason why chinese don't consider india as our serious threat.

But we consider you a serious threat :lol:

at least u consider a threat if not a serious one .
Thanks 4 conforming chini bhai

Maybe at that time we might not need petrol as a fuel . who knows dude . Technology is fast evolving

another "will be",indian mentality.this is the reason why chinese don't consider india as our serious threat.

It is a 'will be' from BP Energy Outlook 2030. Not from us.

Frankly, in my opinion, the less private cars a country has the better off it will be. Build more efficient public transportation systems is a long term gain.

Totally agree with you there, mate. We've got some serious traffic problems in our tier-1 cities. Mind you we have more cars than roads right now.

What we need is expressways... like the one that connects Beijing and Shanghai. Huge ones.

Thats good...the per capita income in India rose to more than Rs.50,000 for the first time...there are going to be more cars.
But lets hope the government builds up better roads for more cars as well -_-

I don't actually believe having more cars means a lot in proportion with economic growth... it is only a relative and marginal indicator. If I look how China is building it's infrastructure and Public transport then I believe Chinese are way ahead in that department as well. We are certainly working hard but then it will take us a little longer to catch up with the World's best.
I hope thread remains civil and no spat between India and Chinese members as we both actually try to say the same thing is that we wish to grow bigger and live in peace.

I don't actually believe having more cars means a lot in proportion with economic growth... it is only a relative and marginal indicator. If I look how China is building it's infrastructure and Public transport then I believe Chinese are way ahead in that department as well. We are certainly working hard but then it will take us a little longer to catch up with the World's best.
I hope thread remains civil and no spat between India and Chinese members as we both actually try to say the same thing is that we wish to grow bigger and live in peace.

This is just the typical hyping our media does to keep us Indians away from real problems. Ignore it.

I'd have been happier if the news article read: "India to replace conventional railways with high speed energy efficient railways in coming 20 years".

talkingegg.gif

We need to modernize and upgrade our Railway Network ( The Largest in the World ) Now!!!

that is good.........more vehicles cause more traffics.........and that indicates development by forcing the govt to improve the infrastuctures of the cities.........:azn:

Back
Top Bottom