What's new

India will be among our largest markets globally: Burger King

I think Pork is much more important than beef . Plus i have numbers to back it up . Even after majority of muslims don't eat pork, it is the most consumed meat in the world . Second number goes to chicken and third to beef .

The weird part is chicken is the unsafest ...

Whats wrong in it.....
even McDonald's has changed its menu for the Indian market....

You will find the McDonald's more famous for McAloo tikki and other things here in India

Nothing wrong with it man but it is just that beef is considered the face of burger king over here so a lot of people would find it funny if they read about it. :D

Anyway it is good, India is a huge market and I am actually surprised burger king wasn't already around.

I think Pork is much more important than beef . Plus i have numbers to back it up . Even after majority of muslims don't eat pork, it is the most consumed meat in the world . Second number goes to chicken and third to beef .

I think it is because of the consumption of pork in China, the Chinese pork market alone probably destroys the numbers for all other types of meat. Even Chinese Muslims for a long time ate pork anyway.

I think it is because of the consumption of pork in China, the Chinese pork market alone probably destroys the numbers for all other types of meat. Even Chinese Muslims for a long time ate pork anyway.

Yes , its cultural , just like keralite hindus eat beef and kashmiri muslims of Pandit origin refarian from it . And you are right pork in china is like 50 percent of pork market .

why cant the americans take a break?
in banglore, there is already a kfc, mcD, Dom or PizHut every 100 meters.
Every hundred meters, so how many in total...must be then everyone would beating or working in Bangalore in these restaurants then. Height of exaggeration.

Burger King would probably do alright serving beef except that the extreme right would go on a rampage for a while- it's more of a law and order issue than a cultural issue.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. Although many Hindus and Muslims consume beef and pork respectively, the majority do not, and as a result, won't step into a BK outlet. McDonald's could easily have served up their globally-popular beef burgers, and crispy bacon at breakfast time, but chose not to as it would alienate the majority of this country's paying customers, both Hindu and Muslim. It's as easy as that really. The rest of us depend on smaller specialty burger shops, steakhouses, and global cafes, for our share of high quality beef and pork products.

Will personally wrap it in bacon,dip it in some cold beer and send it to the Pakistani embassy

well i personally not in favor of thisr Buger King. Indian restaurants can generate more revenue in India and this revenue is shared by McDonalds starbucks and Now burger King.

well i personally not in favor of thisr Buger King. Indian restaurants can generate more revenue in India and this revenue is shared by McDonalds starbucks and Now burger King.

Competition and choices is always good for the smart consumer. As long as they know whats in the food, it will hardly make a dent in Indian restaurants. I prefer indian food. Its damn good

Competition and choices is always good for the smart consumer. As long as they know whats in the food, it will hardly make a dent in Indian restaurants. I prefer indian food. Its damn good

competition among Indian companies would be better. Just like in europe, they dont allow US companies to make a big platform there. for US companies in food and IT and wholesale sector, Europe is a bad consumer. India has capabilities to challenge the US companies, like reliance has good electronic store and TATA has croma.

CCD was a great shop but due to its bad marketing it is down now days.

all these foreign brands are quite expensive. I always prefer the local delicacies.

View attachment 147685

Burger King, the world’s second largest burger chain after McDonald’s, is aiming for growth without a “ceiling” in India as it prepares to open its first store in the country here on Sunday.

Burger King India chief executive officer Rajeev Varman told Business Standard the Miami-based chain does not see a limit or a ceiling to the growth potential in India, as the “big numbers reflect”. It has joined hands with private equity major Everstone Capital for India entry. The plan is for 12 stores in the next two to three months.

“As the concept of Burger King comes in, there will be more exposure and the market will grow further. India as a market has no ceiling right now and that’s what the big numbers reflect. There is no ceiling as far as our brand is considered. We just need to be sure that we don’t do just a load of restaurants but profitable restaurants,” Varman said on Thursday.

The company plans to expand in Delhi and Mumbai initially, as it feels these are the key markets to get a firm foothold in the country. This would be the 100th country for the chain. It recently entered China and Pakistan. Pricing in India will be competitive, keeping in mind its major rival, McDonald’s.

The burger quick service restaurant (QSR) market is about two per cent of the overall QSR market. According to trade estimates, the QSR market is expected to double by 2018 to Rs 26,000 crore, through domestic and global entities.

Explaining India’s importance from the global perspective of Burger King, Varman said India would be one of the largest in Asian markets. “In the long run, it is going to be one of the largest globally. In fact, it was mentioned in our recent earnings call as well. So, the company sees India as one of the biggest opportunities.” He said an annual compounded growth rate of 35-40 per cent is expected by the company.

Interestingly, like a majority of its rivals, it has not Indianised the menu but has developed the Indian product from scratch. “We did a complete tour of several cities with a senior team, in places like Chennai, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Lucknow downstreets. We started the product development process from scratch — we did not carry products from abroad but carried concepts and the cooking platform and ethos that Burger King is known for,” added Varman.

Burger King joins a list of fast-food brands that have made a beeline for India in the past decade and a half. These include McDonald’s, Yum Brands and Subway. Burger King India wishes to innovate further and offer a new experience to consumers, which, according to Varman, is key to success in any market. “I am not worried about head room now. We can put 300 - 400 restaurants here and not even be worried about headroom but I think people worry too much about the size of market. A greater focus needs to be on what we are offering to customers and if that’s resonating.”

GLOBAL FOOTPRINT
  • Founded in 1954, headquartered in Miami, Florida (United States)
  • Burger King Holdings Inc acquired by 3G Capital in 2010 for $4 billion
  • Annual revenue pegged at $1.14 billion as of 2013, against McDonald’s $28 billion
  • Operates more than 13,000 outlets globally, against 35,000 plus locations for McDonald’s
  • Runs stores across North America, Carribean, Europe, Asia and Africa
  • About 50 per cent of its total outlets are in the US
  • It has about 100 stores in China
Source : India will be among our largest markets globally: Burger King | Business Standard News

Burger King is the new Mogal King of India

Watch out Indians, he has his eyes set on all those free roaming cows. :lol:

Save cows,

Invite chick filet

Cow Campaign - Eat Mor Chikin | Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A TV Commercial, 'Lost Cow' - iSpot.tv

Back
Top Bottom