What's new

Indian Agni BM Technology origin

Answer to #3.
Pakistan does not have enough cash with them like india to penetrate deep in western market for almost every other solutions.

Read the link on Indian cryogenic engine. This was after several technology denial regimes and pressure by USA.

About no cash and lame duck reasons, I sympathise. :azn:

Let me spoil the party here.

Indian missile program is different from Indian Space program. So Agni being inspired from SLV-3 is not a possibility.

I hate to spoil your usual day in denial party but the origin of Indian missile technology traces back to 60s when Indians were trying to get access to US Scout Missile technology for "peaceful" Space program. But once they got a almost identical copy of Scout missile known as SLV-3 in india then they could develop a nuclear delivery system with western cooperation based on Scout Missile.

Indians can use cover up technics as much as they want to give indians illusions that their missile program is indigenous but the fact remains Indian missile program had alot alot alot of foreigner contribution.

Oh. So why you did a search in the internet and found a article that talks about the foreign involvement in the Indian Missile program? Just to make sure that, though you cannot do anything for the self, you cant atleast point fingers at others and their development?

Sorry if i have spoiled your party but i just wanted to point the fact indians should not point fingers at their neighbor countries for copying, importing this and that when india themself have been doing this for a long time and still does today.
Btw why are you soooooooo mad? sorry if i have shot up your blood presser!

You can show as much grim smiles but... lol. I would believe CIA words any day any time over pathological lairs DRDO HAL or any Indian defence institutes who steals credits from foreigners and give them a nice mythical hindu or indian name tag to give indians like you illusions that all indian programs are "indigenous" made with very little foreigner assistance.

If I was a nobody and did not understand technology, you could argue that. The metrology and calibration equipment India obtained from Germany, mentioned in the article, do you know India today is manufacturing it an supplying the same to UK ?

Anyways, no point telling you as you know everything...
:cheers:

In 1963-64, he spent four months in training in the United States. He visited NASA's Langley Research Center in Virginia, where the U.S. Scout rocket was conceived, and the Wallops Island Flight Center in Virginia, where the Scout was being flown.

APJ Kalam spent just four months at the NASA centre and too was a visit arranged by NASA. Also, NASA wouldn't just give away its blueprints for the first and only 4 stage rocket of its time.

And for everyone's info, none of the stages of SLV-3 is exactly similar to the stages of Scout. Go compare.

what's the fuss all about? During war time it is not going to matter if the missile was indigenous or not.

SLV-3 was inspired from Scout. Tech know-how from Scout was used to build SLV-3. Also none of it was copied, or stolen (Kalam is no AQ Khan). The tech was bought for use in SLV-3.

But saying that its tech was used in Agni is plain rubbish.

You indians are brought up deluded in your pathological lair society.
Kalam went to Sates, he studied 1960s Scout Missile and asked for the blue prints. Scout missile technology is a very part of Agni missile which has mix technology of Soviet SA-2, German, French, systems. Still today india relies heavenly on foreigner technologies like always.
USA and soviet union got the rocket technology from germany (V2 rockets) similarly every country has got some foreign hand in developing futuristic technologies India is no different.
India is evolving in future technologies with its huge scientific base. Pakistan's case is entirely different it will buy the missile and repaint it, will test it to show its pride just like nuke bomb which does not need any tests.

USA and soviet union got the rocket technology from germany (V2 rockets) similarly every country has got some foreign hand in developing futuristic technologies India is no different.
India is evolving in future technologies with its huge scientific base. Pakistan's case is entirely different it will buy the missile and repaint it, will test it to show its pride just like nuke bomb which does not need any tests.

Rockets were invented in medieval China (Circa 1044 AD) but it's first practical use for serious purpose other then entertainment took place in 1232 AD by the Chinese against the Mongols at the siege of Kai-Feng-Fue. Thereafter from 1750 AD to 1799 AD Haider Ali and Tipu Sultan (Sultan of Mysore, in south India) perfected the rocket's use for military purposes, very effectively using it in war against British colonial armies. Tipu Sultan had 27 brigades (called Kushoons) and each brigade had a company of rocket men called Jourks. In the Second Anglo-Mysore war, at the Battle of Pollilur (10 September 1780), Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan achieved a grand victory, whereby the whole British detachment lead by Colonel Baillie was destroyed and 3820 soldiers were taken prisoner (including Colonel Bailli). the contributory cause being that one of the British ammunition tambrils was set on fire by Mysorean rockets.

After Tipu's eventual defeat in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the Mysore iron rockets were captured by the British. These rockets were influential in British rocket development, inspiring the Congreve rocket, which were soon put into use in the Napoleonic Wars.and other armed conflicts during the 19th century, including the Battle of Waterloo. Ironically, the technology of metal-cylinder missiles developed by Tipu Sultan contributed to the defeat of his ally Napoleon in the Battle of Waterloo.

The first iron-cased metal-cylinder rocket artillery were developed by Tipu Sultan. The Mysore rockets of this period were much more advanced than what the British had seen, chiefly because of the use of iron tubes for holding the propellant; this enabled higher thrust and longer range for the missile (up to 2 km range).

.....Indians were the first to deploy rockets for war. So other countries started thier missile development after learning/modifying missiles from India.:yahoo:

Plz check wikipedia Rocket_artillery (sorry i cant post links due to limited postcounts).:pop::lazy:

These are mythological era technologies. They are talking about India but they stole German technologies, V-2 and above all Wernher von Braun. But does that mean US's missile technologies are not indigenous? There is no equivalent of Agni-series missiles in any where in the world that means we developed it on our own.

If I was a nobody and did not understand technology, you could argue that. The metrology and calibration equipment India obtained from Germany, mentioned in the article, do you know India today is manufacturing it an supplying the same to UK ?

Anyways, no point telling you as you know everything...

India has zero indigenous technology to offer to Europe. Basically due to cheap labor India is able to manufacture the same sub system in a lower prise and sell it back. Boeing brought a production line in Pakistan back in 2004-5 for the manufacture of some sub sytems for Boeing airliners. That was only because laber in pakistan is much more cheaper and the same spare part would cost 2-3x more in States then in Pakistan.

And kindly dont tell me some BS that is useless information its just wasting forum bandwidth.

These are mythological era technologies. They are talking about India but they stole German technologies, V-2 and above all Wernher von Braun. But does that mean US's missile technologies are not indigenous? There is no equivalent of Agni-series missiles in any where in the world that means we developed it on our own.

V-2 is as old as your grandpa. V-2 inspired US USSR very early rocket technology but then over the past 5-10 years after WWII both nations came up with their own technologies. In case of Agni. Its a mixer of 1960s American Scout missile, USSR SA-2 and French German assistance.
I will elaborate on that just give me a sec. lol

There are lots of good news coming form ISRO these days. GSLV-D3 is getting launched in a few days. New satellite technologies are being developed and launched. For some people (our good neighbors in the west?) it is too much to take. So, these spoil sport threads like this one being created attempting to spoil the party.
To Indian members: Let these people burn in their jealousy. There is no point in trying to convince them. Take pride in ISROs achievement.

There is a saying: Don't argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

For our neighbors...ISRO: Neighbours envy. Owners pride :)

If india is able to pieces together European and Soviet technologies together then good for india. As long as indians does not point fingers on Chinese and pakistanis for importing technologies i will be fine with that but when they start bragging like pathological liars about how indigenous their technologys are then i will shut every single mouth. :smokin:

The origin of Agni BM traces back to American 1960s Scout Missile. As early as 60s A.P. Kalam went to US to study about Scout missile and some how indian scientists managed to get their hands on Scout missile blue prints and later on India managed to copy Scout missile and named it "SLV-3". (The German Space Agency also tested a model of the first stage of the SLV-3 in one of its wind tunnels in Cologne and helped India build its own rocket test facilities. Germany also trained Indians in how to make composite materials.)

- The first stage of the Scout then became the first stage of India's first large ballistic missile, the Agni-I.
- The Agni-I's second stage was liquid-fueled, and was based on a surface-to-air missile called the SA-2 that India bought from Russia.
- France also helped India master liquid-fuel technology by selling India the technology used to build the "Viking" engine used on the Ariane space launcher. India calls its version the "Vikas."
- The Agni also needed a guidance system. The German Space Agency obliged with a long tutorial in rocket guidance, which allowed India to develop a guidance system and learn how to produce its components (gyroscopes, accelerometers and so forth).

scout.jpg

sa-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom