What's new

Indian Air Force Grounds Dhruv Chopper Fleet

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
The Indian Air Force has grounded its fleet of about 40 indigenously-developed Advanced Light Helicopters Dhruv after a recent crash that killed seven personnel, the Press Trust of India reported Monday.

The IAF choppers will not fly until thorough checks are carried out on them, IAF sources told PTI.

The Army, which uses the Advanced Light Helicopters for its high altitude operations is also learnt to have taken similar precautions before allowing its pilots to fly them.

The black box of the ill-fated chopper has been sent to Bangalore for detailed examination.

A Wing Commander, Squadron Leader, Junior Warrant Officer, Sergeant and a leading aircraftman along with two Corporals were killed in the crash in Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh on July 25.

AIR_FORCE_PERSONNE_2024083g.jpg

PANDEY_PURWA_2024087g.jpg

UP_CRASH_2024089g.jpg

What do they use to clean there engines and hydronic lines.?

Thats our Indian Police Service :lol:
IndianPoliceService_25328.jpg

PS: Thats just some rural area cop in Uttar Pradesh... The IPS has made some great leaps forward in the past years but obviously it will take time till those will reach such areas
(on a lighter side)Yaar NDTV par kuch oar dekhaty ho oar haqiqat mein kuch oar ...:pissed: ...I think population creates the real impediments in this issue and probably the 'red-tappism' thing too !

He is stationed in UP what else did you expected
Pakistani Police do not use any more bolt action obsolete guns ...Though I have a lot of respect for the .303 which is used till this day at Hangu Police Academy in Pakistan but only during parade ...Type-56 and MP-5 have replaced it during Musharraf regime...Even the traffic police in most of the cities are armed with SMG's !

Last edited:
(on a lighter side)Yaar NDTV par kuch oar dekhaty ho oar haqiqat mein kuch oar ...:pissed: ...I think population creates the real impediments in this issue and probably the 'red-tappism' thing too !

Pakistani Police do not use any more bolt action obsolete guns ...Though I have a lot of respect for the .303 which is used till this day at Hangu Police Academy in Pakistan but only during parade ...Type-56 and MP-5 have replaced it during Musharraf regime...Even the traffic police in most of the cities are armed with SMG's !

It's high time our Police received modern weaponry. But actually, the weapon held by a policeman is quite a good indicator of the kind of proficiency and sophistication of anti-social elements that he is expected to counter as well. A policeman heavily armed with military grade weapons is, in that sense, a sad reflection of the scale and sophistication of violence prevalent in that society.

It's high time our Police received modern weaponry. But actually, the weapon held by a policeman is quite a good indicator of the kind of proficiency and sophistication of anti-social elements that he is expected to counter as well. A policeman heavily armed with military grade weapons is, in that sense, a sad reflection of the scale and sophistication of violence prevalent in that society.
Being a vegetarian does not mean that the lion will not attack you ...Dude ...better policing needs sophisticated weapons and training ...there are countries who rely more on their police rather than their armies ...better police can give you better society !

What do they use to clean there engines and hydronic lines.?
This !

Attachments

• FrogLube_Authorized_Dealer.png
    FrogLube_Authorized_Dealer.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 32
Being a vegetarian does not mean that the lion will not attack you ...Dude ...better policing needs sophisticated weapons and training ...there are countries who rely more on their police rather than their armies ...better police can give you better society !

Totally agree. But Policing is as much a job of interacting well with the public as it is of tackling crime and thuggery. What I meant was that our Police need good soft-skills training, compulsory fitness-regimen, crowd control techniques and rudimentary hand-to-hand combat training. But regarding the choice of weaponry, I wished to stress that it's dictated not by the professionalism of the Police force, but on what they are expected to routinely encounter in the hands of thugs. A modern pistol ought to be enough, unless the local thugs are roaming around with AKs.

Totally agree. But Policing is as much a job of interacting well with the public as it is of tackling crime and thuggery. What I meant was that our Police need good soft-skills training, compulsory fitness-regimen, crowd control techniques and rudimentary hand-to-hand combat training. But regarding the choice of weaponry, I wished to stress that it's dictated not by the professionalism of the Police force, but on what they are expected to routinely encounter in the hands of thugs. A modern pistol ought to be enough, unless the local thugs are roaming around with AKs.
Agreed to most of what you say ...but 2014 ...Gone are the days of Pholan Devi and Hebat Daku ...today's outlaws are smart and better equipped ...they are ruthless and canny ...they are dead shot and cold heart ...they cannot be handled with 9mm sidearm ...You may know about the North Hollywood Shoot out...and how police was helpless just because they were not armed the way the robbers were !

Back
Top Bottom