What's new

Indian Air Force Grounds Dhruv Chopper Fleet

Really??
I know a lot of CRPFofficers.Our paramilitary itself is larger than your Army.
And when a situation arises according to intrrnational media your govt always depend your army.But our govt dont deploy army inside except grave situation
The deployment of our army is more like a moral boost ....the nation trust them and feel secure when they know that the army has rolled into action ....otherwise ...there are many operations which are done by the police and other relevant branches of the security forces ....including Sahala Police Academy attack and the recent Karachi Air Port Attack ...!

The deployment of our army is more like a moral boost ....the nation trust them and feel secure when they know that the army has rolled into action ....otherwise ...there are many operations which are done by the police and other relevant branches of the security forces ....including Sahala Police Academy attack and the recent Karachi Air Port Attack ...!

Karachi port attack.I thought that was SSG

But in your small world it's called indigenous. :sarcastic:

.Design assistance doesn't make Dhruv any less Indigenous.Go learn about Mikoyan assistance to China for JF 17.Here is more info Indian content

1.Engine:

For its first application, the Dhruv, a first engine variant christened the Ardiden 1H1 (or "Shakti" in India), offering a power of 1,400 shp, is jointly developed and producted with HAL.

2.Gearbox

Even components that were originally outsourced to foreign firms,like the Main Gear box( that had been outsourced to German company ZF ) , have significant Indian content...Manufactured by beml

http://aeroindiaseminar.in/admin/technical/pdf/_1358752354PaperLessonslearntfromALHProject.pdf
3.Self-Defense system - Indian developed Multi Sensor Warning System used in Dhruv

DARE's+EW+Products-4.jpg

4.fuel tanks, floatation equipment and related gaskets and seals for the ALH are now manufactured locally

5.MFDs are now manufactured Indigenously.And Israeli Avionics are not a part of every Dhruv,Customer can chose between Indian & Israeli Avionics.This is a fact most of us are well aware of.

Aero India 2003 - Part 6

6.The Guns & Rocket Launcher are not a part of Dhruv,they are for Rudra helicopter.
I guess S 70 Battlehawk is not American,as it uses the same THL 20 gun..Agusta A129 /TAI T-129 is not Indigenous because it uses American M197 Gatling gun..

And these guys forgot about Indigenous ATGM Helina used on Rudra?-Hypocrisy again..

helina1.jpg

7.AVCS is not present in all Dhruvs,it is a recent addition.

8.Integrated Dynamic System
img5.jpg

9.Flight Control System

10.ARIS

11.Retractable landing gear

FYI many European choppers doesn't even have indigenous landing gear-see AW 139.Now where is your indigenous basic trainer ?

Last edited:
Karachi port attack.I thought that was SSG
Nope ....Each and every terrorist was shot by the ASF ...rangers appeared first on the scene ...but the moment they entered ...they shot one ASF personnel as a result of friendly fire as all the terrorists were clad in the ASF uniforms ...then came the SSG and SSG-N but were asked to stay back as ASF had better view of 'who was who' at that time ...!

Just like JF17 is indigenous in Pakistan.
And where did you exactly pulled that from, for the term JF alone is there for those in oblivion.
Oh, in case you are still lost, JF stands for joint fighter..... joint venture. !!

(on a lighter side)Yaar NDTV par kuch oar dekhaty ho oar haqiqat mein kuch oar ...:pissed: ...I think population creates the real impediments in this issue and probably the 'red-tappism' thing too !

Pakistani Police do not use any more bolt action obsolete guns ...Though I have a lot of respect for the .303 which is used till this day at Hangu Police Academy in Pakistan but only during parade ...Type-56 and MP-5 have replaced it during Musharraf regime...Even the traffic police in most of the cities are armed with SMG's !
Ours are armed with M4 and Aks. Any problem ?

And where did you exactly pulled that from, for the term JF alone is there for those in oblivion.
Oh, in case you are still lost, JF stands for joint fighter..... joint venture. !!
Some call it joint failure as well. However you Pakistanis claim everyday that its indigenous. Look at yourself before pointing fingers at others. Anyways seeing people like wetting your pants looking at Dhruv is so soul soothing. Please continue.

Some call it joint failure as well. However you Pakistanis claim everyday that its indigenous. Look at yourself before pointing fingers at others. Anyways seeing people like wetting your pants looking at Dhruv is so soul soothing. Please continue.
Since you Bhartis can't see beyond your nose hence any achievement by others causes you much butt hurt and to satisfy your tiny ego, your bankrupt mindset creates demeaning terminologies. Whatever JF-17 is, it's flying and operational with squadron service unlike your Tejas also known as LCA or little confused aircraft.

Since you Bhartis can't see beyond your nose hence any achievement by others causes you much butt hurt and to satisfy your tiny ego, your bankrupt mindset creates demeaning terminologies. Whatever JF-17 is, it's flying and operational with squadron service unlike your Tejas also known as LCA or little confused aircraft.
So is Dhruv, flying and operational with squadron service, and now a weaponized version available, where your Cobras are still crashing and burning your pilots alive.

Wrong Comparison in my view. What JF 17 is to Pakistan, Probably Brahmos is to India, from a JV perspective. The only similarity LCA and Thunder have is that both are light fighters. Their development venture, partnership style, development objective and their tactical and strategic position in the respective air forces is totally different.

btw, calling LCA as Little confused aircraft, or Thunder as Thunda or Bunder is simply disrespectful and avoidable

So is Dhruv, flying and operational with squadron service, and now a weaponized version available, where your Cobras are still crashing and burning your pilots alive.
And i wonder what this thread is all about.

A Wing Commander, Squadron Leader, Junior Warrant Officer, Sergeant and a leading aircraftman along with two Corporals were killed in the crash in Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh on July 25

And i wonder what this thread is all about.

A Wing Commander, Squadron Leader, Junior Warrant Officer, Sergeant and a leading aircraftman along with two Corporals were killed in the crash in Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh on July 25
It seems that I keep overestimating your IQ. How many Dhruvs grounded? 40. How many in service? 150. Only a small subsets of Dhruvs has been grounded temporarily. But it seems that words like "subset" are too much for people with your brain size.

It seems that I keep overestimating your IQ. How many Dhruvs grounded? 40. How many in service? 150. Only a small subsets of Dhruvs has been grounded temporarily. But it seems that words like "subset" are too much for people with your brain size.
And your brain is incompetent to comprehend that while the subject is a Dhruv crash, killing the crew and susequent grounding, you still have the knack to drag in PA Cobra gunships which are involved in regular operational battles and are not grounded.

Back
Top Bottom