What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

True by design, but the look of a fully loaded M2K-5 or Rafale compared to the Jag, is definitely mean.
For me the Jag has never looked "mean" regardless of its weapon load outs.

1995434.jpg

Even with 6 GBU-12 and RPL741 drop-tanks the Rafale still looks so graceful and elegant but not nessercarily "mean" - just my opinion!

IAF recruitment rally successfully held in Kohima

Airmen recruitment rally was successfully conducted from May 3 to 6 in Kohima. Commanding Officer GNV Vijay Anand thanked the government of Nagaland and its officials for their support in the form of administrative help.

The rally has been successful in terms of candidates passing written test on May 3 for non technical trades, stated a defence release.

For non-technical trades, out of 222 candidates, 91 candidates passed and for technical trades out of 68 candidates 20 candidates passed.

This rally was also successful in terms of candidates’ turnout from Nagaland state. 12 candidates from Nagaland cleared the tests and will feature in All India Select List for merit and will subsequently receive call letters for enrolment to the Indian Air Force.

Commanding Officer mentioned that in near future “Airmen Recruitment Rally” in the state of Nagaland will be planned to give good opportunity for interested candidates of Nagaland.

This year, three more airmen recruitment rallies would be held - one on September in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, one in Oct0ber in Golaghat, Assam and last rally in Passighat, Arunachal Pradesh.

IAF recruitment rally successfully held in Kohima : Nagaland Post

Just noticed this pic, in a part of the take off magazin, which is interesting and that I might have missed before. It's a twin seater Mig 29 UPG, with Kh31 missiles:

3q238u6k.jpg

A beautiful beast.

I don't know if anyone has picked this up:

[...]As things stand, for Trappier’s wish to come true, either Dassault will have to give in to India’s demands which it has resisted until now or the Indian side will have to relax its tender criteria. Currently, both look unlikely. Given Dassault’s financial situation the company cannot afford any business risk. Whereas, enhanced scrutiny of defence deals in a season ridden with corruption scandals precludes Indian negotiators from extending any concessions.
In this case, the French company will have to do something special. Eyes are on the Paris Air Show which opens 17th of June at Le Bourget in France. Dassault is expected to lay out a red carpet for the Indian delegation. However, in what could come as a dampener to the French company, rumours in the defence ministry corridors suggest that given the sensitive phase of negotiations, the ministry is expected to tone down this year’s participation at the show.

More:
Financial Express

I like these little pieces of trivia.

A bit of a shame that Dassualt are going to that effort but understandable I guess.

Antony inaugurates Sukhoi airbase in Thanjavur | The Hindu

This would be the first ever fighter base in Southern Peninsula under the control of Southern Air Command.

The full Sukhoi squadron (16 to 18 jets) will be deployed at the base by 2017-18, after the requisite facilities come up over the next few years.

So far India has inducted over 170 of the 272 Sukhoi-30MKIs contracted from Russia.

Pune and Bareilly already have housed two Sukhoi squadrons each, while Tezpur, Chabua, Halwara and Jodhpur have a squadron each.

At the Thanjavur airbase, the IAF in future may deploy unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) as it had operated them in Thanjavur in the past also, IAF sources said.

(I was there yesterday nobody knows whats going on)

sukhoi_thanjavur_1469266g.jpg

A Sukhoi-30 aircraft takes off and flying at the Dedication ceremony of Airforce station in Thanjavur on Monday.Photo:B.Velankanni Raj

@RPK what do you mean no one Knows what's going on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom