What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Scale model of the IAF C-295MW
FACX4MpUUAIrgfW

Image shared by Author and journalist Rahul Singh on Twitter
First MoD contract for Airbus here

Farewell to one of the best Air Chiefs the IAF has had in the last few decades.

ACM RKS Bhadauria flew a MiG-21 Bison of the No.23 'Panthers' squadron..the same squadron that he first joined as a Flying Officer, flying the MiG-21. Of course, he's a qualified Test Pilot as well having flown rotary and fixed wing fighters and transports.

FAGtk1NVQAo4r9v

Boss has flown solo on Jaguar, MiG-21 Bison, MiG-21bis, Tejas Mk1 and Mirage-2000I. Shows what leading from the front means.

Thank you for your service, ACM Bhadauria. You will be missed.

FAGzDJXVUAs5QZM

FAG0ALCUYAkK-ov

With the CO of No.23 'Panthers' squadron
FAG0DERUcAY7kE9

the ACM with pilots and technicians of No.23 squadron
FAG0DzjVUAMSijk

From earlier..

in a Tejas cockpit solo

FAG0sfkVUAAQ3cW

in a Jaguar cockpit solo

FAG0ppiVkAsz_a1

in a LCH
FAG0oE9UcAIVpGp

C-17 cockpit
FAG0rHAVEAMpRwY

Great angle of arguably the most beautiful fighter jet ever designed and built and flown. The MiG-21 in almost all its variants is a classic at the top of the classics IMO, of course. I'm partial to the original F-13, but once the MF line and the 98's were produced and had more bulk and fuel, they also had their own superb, physical characteristics. Nothing like a gorgeous beast.

Did he retire or passed on? I couldn't tell from your post. He was quite the talented pilot it seems. Flew a bunch of different platforms. Not very common to see fighter pilots capable of flying rotary platforms as well.

Great angle of arguably the most beautiful fighter jet ever designed and built and flown. The MiG-21 in almost all its variants is a classic at the top of the classics IMO, of course. I'm partial to the original F-13, but once the MF line and the 98's were produced and had more bulk and fuel, they also had their own superb, physical characteristics. Nothing like a gorgeous beast.

Did he retire or passed on? I couldn't tell from your post. He was quite the talented pilot it seems. Flew a bunch of different platforms. Not very common to see fighter pilots capable of flying rotary platforms as well.

Yes indeed. The MiG-21's sleek lines, the small profile, the intake, the delta wings..definitely one of the most beautiful fighters and easily the most iconic.

I too love the original F-13, but it was so limited in so many ways. The other variants at least started to improve on range, payload and avionics.

And yes ACM RKS Bhadauria has now retired. In my opinion, one of the best there has been given his Test Pilot background. Even the previous ACM BS Dhanoa used to fly the MiG-21 till the time he retired, but Bhadauria sir has flown and is current on so many types, its incredible.

Some more cracking A2A shots from the IAF
E_nadcOVEAIXklY

Rafale, Type-66, Netra,Su-30MKI,Darin-2 Jag and MiG-29UPG
E_nae4LUUAIDZGW

E_nagIFVgAEY4CX
The last pic showing FOC Tejas without drop tanks and IOC Tejas with drop tanks also states the increased range of FOC Tejas due to Ariel refueling

Atleast we don’t have so called removable IFR probe…
A "So called" removable IFR probe. Well add that to your previous comment and it is quite clear you have no idea what you are talking about. I am surprised you haven't got a job at HAL

j-jonah-jameson-superman.gif

Remaining 4 MiG-21 Bison squadrons to be retired in the next 3-4 years. The Tejas Mk1A will be replacing these over the years.

Twitter link

No way will you induct 80-100 Tejas in 3-4 year period. Maybe over 10 years. In short term this means a 10% reduction in IAF Sqd numbers.

And another awe inspiring Air Force day promo
Air display on Friday will be a special one

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom