What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

^^^
Yeah thats true IN supports indigenous development but its not the only case here in this case, the most important point here in this case was the possible availability of a medium category 5th gen and adding to that the small size of indian AC's tempted IN towards AMCA so much that they will be funding the Naval version.

^^^
Yeah thats true IN supports indigenous development but its not the only case here in this case, the most important point here in this case was the possible availability of a medium category 5th gen and adding to that the small size of indian AC's tempted IN towards AMCA so much that they will be funding the Naval version.

No buddy, they just want an indigenous 5th gen fighter, that's all so far. IAC 2s design is not even cleared yet, but we already know that it will be around the size of current Russian carriers, so more than able to carry heavy class fighters like the Flanker series or Pak Fa / FGFA. IN is just jumping on the train, because ADA and IAF are now pushing for AMCA and IN don't want to be left out. Not to forget, that we have a medium class 5th gen fighter on offer for IAC 2, the F35 that will be available way earlier than N-AMCA.

- IAC 2 is expected around 2017/18
- Rafale M, F18SH could be available by 2016 onwards
- F35C by 2017/18
- N - Pak Fa / FGFA by 2020 the max
- N - AMCA 2022 the earliest

Missile Deal This Week, Mirage Upgrade Starts Next Month

As revealed by the IAF chief last week, two Indian Air Force Mirage 2000s will leave for France next month to begin the long-delayed Mirage upgrade programme that India signed with Dassault, Thales and HAL in July this year. The Indian upgrade team has been in France for a while now training and absorbing the upgrade routine. A deal for MICA air-to-air missile, which remained unsigned when the Mirage upgrade deal was concluded, is also expected to be cleared this week.

Livefist: Missile Deal This Week, Mirage Upgrade Starts Next Month

No buddy, they just want an indigenous 5th gen fighter, that's all so far. IAC 2s design is not even cleared yet, but we already know that it will be around the size of current Russian carriers, so more than able to carry heavy class fighters like the Flanker series or Pak Fa / FGFA. IN is just jumping on the train, because ADA and IAF are now pushing for AMCA and IN don't want to be left out. Not to forget, that we have a medium class 5th gen fighter on offer for IAC 2, the F35 that will be available way earlier than N-AMCA.

- F35C by 2017/18

I agree with all upto N-AMCA, let be serious the AF AMCA won't be flying for long in 2022 and surely a naval version is going to take some time to develop beyond that.

- F35C by 2017/18

Hi sancho ,
About the AMCA , The AMCA Protoype at Earliest will fly by 2020-2021 Timeframe ...Even Some Air force Official said that AMCA Should see service By 2030
So cant Expect N-AMCA By 2022 as ADA has decided to go Slow on AMCA

Also , if Keel for IAC-2 Is Laid by Next year , At earliest IAC -2 Will be Launched by 2017-18
Even with Some Delays - IAC 2 Will see Service By 2021-22

Hi sancho ,
About the AMCA , The AMCA Protoype at Earliest will fly by 2020-2021 Timeframe ...Even Some Air force Official said that AMCA Should see service By 2030

Also , if Keel for IAC-2 Is Laid by Next year , At earliest IAC -2 Will be Launched by 2017-18

That's why I said the earliest, more realistic is 2025 for any version of it, but I suggested earlier that we should go only for N-AMCA (if at all) as a dedicated carrier fighter design, without compromises for air force, similar to the F18SH if you want. That would also speed up the developement, because you can focus all testings on the carrier use only.
According of IN officials, IAC 2 is expected by 2017/18, I also would say till 2020, but no matter what, N-AMCA will come too late and therefor they have to procure another fighter beforehand to test and train from shorebased facilities again, just like we do it with Mig 29K and N-LCA now.

That's why I said the earliest, more realistic is 2025 for any version of it, but I suggested earlier that we should go only for N-AMCA (if at all) as a dedicated carrier fighter design, without compromises for air force, similar to the F18SH if you want. That would also speed up the developement, because you can focus all testings on the carrier use only.
According of IN officials, IAC 2 is expected by 2017/18, I also would say till 2020, but no matter what, N-AMCA will come too late and therefor they have to procure another fighter beforehand to test and train from shorebased facilities again, just like we do it with Mig 29K and N-LCA now.

F-35 C Or Rafale will be a Good Option for IAC 2 , Considering IAC 2 Possible service By 2020-22 Timeframe

Whats Your take On F-35 C For Navy ?

N-AMCA Will be a waste of Resource , Infact N-PAKFA Can be a good Option with Russians Already Looking forward for That

F-35 C Or Rafale will be a Good Option for IAC 2 , Considering IAC 2 Possible service By 2020-22 Timeframe

Whats Your take On F-35 C For Navy ?

N-AMCA Will be a waste of Resource , Infact N-PAKFA Can be a good Option with Russians Already Looking forward for That

I don't think any US fighter would be a good idea, since IAC2 and its fighters will have a strategic meaning and complete our nuclear triad, therefor we need fighters that can be used in 2nd strike missions with nuclear payloads and I see only French or Russian fighters suitable for that requirement. But I also think that the US will try to combine the offer of catapults with US carrier aircrafts (E-2D, F35C maybe even helicopters). We have to wait and see, but if Rafale wins IAF MMRCA, the chances for a combined deal should be very good!

Hi sancho ,

no good Idea just speed up with keeping in mind export purpose. rediculous why scientist go slowly on it. MOD is MAD.

Just go with use of Graphne as electronics and on possible eqipments. Use laser like f35 against missiles as laser pod to deal with from any direction.

and than also nahi 2020 is much far just fly prototype within 3-5 yrs.

Su 30mk's at Jodhpur base.

su30mk.png

Su 30mki's at Jodhpur base.

su30mki.png

I thought all Mk's are upgraded to Mki standard:undecided:........ on second thought did they left some of them to train our pilots against them?:azn:

Su 30mk's at Jodhpur base.

su30mk.png

Su 30mki's at Jodhpur base.

su30mki.png

I thought all Mk's are upgraded to Mki standard:undecided:........ on second thought did they left some of them to train our pilots against them?:azn:

those look like mig 29s, not su 30mks - we returned all of those long back.

They are a bit lengthy for Mig 29.

Mig 29 at Jamnagar Base.

MIG29.png

AFAIK the original 18 SU-30MKs were until recently still sat idle with pilots converting to MKIs. However recent deal for further 42 includes trade in of these 18 MKs (God knows what Russia will do with them). Seems to be pic of the idle MKs. Take into consideration Google earth doesn't get updated too often.

I think MoD should sign some sort of deal with Google to prevent publishing of such sensitive locations like US has.

Back
Top Bottom