What's new

Indian Air force to have 46 squadrons in 2025

it would be a record in avivation industry to built a fifth gen aircraft in 10 years..as AMCA hasnt started yet...
so assuming it start around 2013 and be completed by 2023...

with history of LCA, would india be able to do it? noone has ever done it so quickly though..

Why forgot the Full 5th gen ToT of Pak Fa and FGFA that India gets???

it would be a record in avivation industry to built a fifth gen aircraft in 10 years..as AMCA hasnt started yet...
so assuming it start around 2013 and be completed by 2023...

with history of LCA, would india be able to do it? noone has ever done it so quickly though..

unofficial design work has been started once when the ADA freezes the design than it will work on technology demonstrators prototypes limited series production aircraft than production aircraft

besides AMCA will have its first flight in 2017 (if it goes on time) then it should be operational before or by 2025

unofficially working on AMCA already started. With MMRCA full tot will boostup AMCA project. When you are mentioning LCA ,after 2nd gen jet we jumped for 4+gen jet, so it takes time but from the experiece of LCA and working exp of FGFA/PAK-FA and MMRCA project of AMCA wont be slow.

Good thing is Boeing is interested in participating in AMCA and ISRO's man mission but the bad thing is making Boeing a partner in AMCA will bring us between US - Russia tug of war. Its too hard to get tech and with both US and Russia getting involved in our two 5th gen fighter will make it more difficult.

As far as MMRCA is concerned, i think we will definitely go for follow on order also because there's no way there won't be any delays in AMCA and FGFA (it may not be delayed much) because the timeline set by ADA is not realistic. Even US faced delays in its 5th gen fighter program.

there is no way for boeing. AMCA tagged indgns, so if boeing partnrd in AMCA it wont be indgns.

there is no way for boeing. AMCA tagged indgns, so if boeing partnrd in AMCA it wont be indgns.

Who cares till it serve your purpose...
@Topic: yesterday I read similar topic "in 2015 PAF will have blah and blah"....
Mr Ajai Shukla's speculation is full of $h**...
The confirmed planes by 2012 are
69 Mig 29 and 50 M2k (if still serve)
300 mki : May be but 280 is sure..
126 mrca : definitely
100 fgfa : Are you dreaming???
200 lca : Will IAF procure 200???
50 AMCA : Are you sure???

so We are sure bout 69+52+300+126 = 547 (28 Squadron is sure 18+2 plane each squadron)
May be 200+20+100 = 320 (no one can be sure of it) (16 squadron may be )

This is a correct strategy. A combination of indigenous fighters and foreign made.

More than 50 squadrons of fighters!....IAF sure would be a formidable force to reckon with :yahoo:
By 2025! Darn! I'll be dead and gone by then! What happens if there's a war before 2025? :what:

Good thing is Boeing is interested in participating in AMCA and ISRO's man mission but the bad thing is making Boeing a partner in AMCA will bring us between US - Russia tug of war. Its too hard to get tech and with both US and Russia getting involved in our two 5th gen fighter will make it more difficult.

As far as MMRCA is concerned, i think we will definitely go for follow on order also because there's no way there won't be any delays in AMCA and FGFA (it may not be delayed much) because the timeline set by ADA is not realistic. Even US faced delays in its 5th gen fighter program.

we can ask Boeing for consultation on the AMCA as they have exp with 4/4.5 and 5th gen fighters but not an actual JV this actually helps us we need to examine our options and capabilities tbh it took us 20 years to make 4th gen technology granted that we were delayed because of technology restrictions and economic problems nonetheless the LCA project is bearing fruit MK1 is the donkey MK2 is the real racehorse

AMCA can be our design using our technology but Boeing can be hooked to the project for consult giving advice,help etc if not Boeing Dassault, Lockheed martin, Northrop Grunman, BAE, etc IMHO Northrop or lockheed martin should be brought in as they have better experience in stealth technology and 5th gen fighters than we do or anyone else for that mater.... either one of these companies can be brought in for consultation purposes and i hope 1 of them is so AMCA project gets a real boost and speedy development/induction

godspeed on AMCA project we really need to develop our aviation industry NAL HAL ADA DRDO aerospace labs they are all the building blocks for the Indian aerospace industry but they are placed apart from each other in dysfunction, HAL can design helicopters buts that it the rest they can only manufacture, ADA and the DRDO labs can design future aircraft same with NAL

you guys think we should combine NAL HAL ADA and DRDO aeronautical labs into one gov't owned aerospace company like UAC? i think we should we should also develop the private sector as well like Mahindra aerospace

By 2025! Darn! I'll be dead and gone by then! What happens if there's a war before 2025? :what:

we'll have 50 fighter squadrons by the 2030's bro AMCA would only enter mass production before or by 2025 we will have a total of 250 AMCA 300FGFA 280MKI 200 LCA 126+ MMRCA

AMCA and LCA being indigenous

FGFA and MKI being semi indigenous

MMRCA being foreign but license produced in India

i can say the aerospace future is good

@Topic: yesterday I read similar topic "in 2015 PAF will have blah and blah"....
100 fgfa : Are you dreaming???
200 lca : Will IAF procure 200???
50 AMCA : Are you sure???

so We are sure bout 69+52+300+126 = 547 (28 Squadron is sure 18+2 plane each squadron)

Well man you are forgetting the transport and helicopter wings of the IAF....you need to include those too.

Whenever Such kind of thread come up, people starts putting their calculation and numbers, and I wonder how many times, it already happened...i.e. 1000 times.. lol! We should try to live in present. Stop guessing, the bitter truth of present is that we have lost another brave fighter in a mig crash..

====================================
100 fgfa : Are you dreaming??? ................about 50 single seater PAK FA to be delivered directly from Russia starting from 2017 plus the FGFA production starting in India fron 2020-21 perhaps......with probably one squadron directly shipped from Russia.
And to all those who might doubt their efficiency let me tell you they have two plants in Irukut and Knaapo....for single and double seatrers.
Keeping that in mind and local production that would start from 2022 perhaps about 100 planes delivered is not dreaming.

200 lca : Will IAF procure 200???...................51 is on order perhaps and about 120-130 MK2 versions would be added.....IAF would require the replacement for 124 Mig 21 bisons by 2017 and older mig 21s........so 200 is very much possible if not more........ MK2 which would be in the class of MMRCA on a smaller scale would get more orders...... probably similar to what army is doing with Arjuns........... and Arjun MK II

50 AMCA : Are you sure???..............Thats a bit too much........ it would be a big surprise even if one squadron is available by 2025......if all goes well

===================================

We must not forget that a huge number of Mig 21 and Mig 27 being retired from AF drastically depleting combat strength........... 46 squadrons is completely speculation on the part of the writer....... 2015 is about 14 years from now hence a lot of development would be taking place hence F-35 and Mig LMFS cannot be ruled out...... even there has been reports of increasing the MMRCA number to about 200.

All those who think the number Includes helicopters and transport planes then.......... IAF would induct about 400-600 helicopters alone of different kinds and about 100 transport planes of different kinds add that to present non-combat squadrons and the number would well reach about 100........lol

However keeping the threat posed by China and Pakistan based militancy the numbers might well increase from 46 to about 50+.......all depends on the development of our aviation sector and economy.

we'll have 50 fighter squadrons by the 2030's bro AMCA would only enter mass production before or by 2025 we will have a total of 250 AMCA 300FGFA 280MKI 200 LCA 126+ MMRCA

AMCA and LCA being indigenous

FGFA and MKI being semi indigenous

MMRCA being foreign but license produced in India

i can say the aerospace future is good

MMRCA can be called semi Indigenous....... most probably we would have Indian inputs on latter MMRCA planes....... as we have on Su 30MKI and technologies from Tejas would come in handy and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom