What's new

Indian Armies gun arsenal to be revived in big way

Well a moot point considering many of these so-called "third world" nations( you should look up th true definition of that term by the way) don't enjoy the same levels of peace in their neighbourhoods as the "first world".
Understanding the message which i am trying to convey is more important.

Useless waste of Money.Having weapons is suited to first world countries.Third world countries should first concentrate on decreasing poverty rather then spending money on this junk.
Yeh!!! The Pakistanis should take heed to this advice and stop begging for weapons from their 3rd world illegitimate daddy China!!!

Not really, I've heard the nonsensical point you are trying to make countless times. Why don't you try understanding my point first because it entirely discredits your point.
I understand your message but instead of fighting third world countries should work towards peace and spend the money on welfare of people instead of defense.

I understand your message but instead of fighting third world countries should work towards peace and spend the money on welfare of people instead of defense.
I wonder why no one has thought of that? o_O

Please, you are either being intentionally naive or are just incredibly ignorant, if it is the former I would recommend doing a quick google search of the region's history. Whilst it would be great to live in a utopian world of global harmony this isn't the reality India lives in- on neighbour is engaging in a proxy war with India and destabilising the region and the other is growing more and more muscular everyday.

Heck, not even the "first world" presides over this peace you speak of- look at Europe (Ukraine), look at the Middle east where "first world" military forces are currently engaged. What do you think they are dropping from the air? Rainbows and daises or state of the art precision guided mentions?

I wonder why no one has thought of that? o_O

Please, you are either being intentionally naive or are just incredibly ignorant, if it is the former I would recommend doing a quick google search of the region's history. Whilst it would be great to live in a utopian world of global harmony this isn't the reality India lives in- on neighbour is engaging in a proxy war with India and destabilising the region and the other is growing more and more muscular everyday.

Heck, not even the "first world" presides over this peace you speak of- look at Europe (Ukraine), look at the Middle east where "first world" military forces are currently engaged. What do you think they are dropping from the air? Rainbows and daises or state of the art precision guided mentions?
I am just assuming the good scenario i have read regional history.

Useless waste of Money.Having weapons is suited to first world countries.Third world countries should first concentrate on decreasing poverty rather then spending money on this junk.
No sir, third world countries with a growing and confident economy should spend reasonable amounts on defense to discourage their atankwadi neigbours (India spends just 2% on defense, for instance)
Third world countries that are basked cases should on the other hand beg for weapons and indulge in terorism to try and derail their far more succesful neighbouring countries.

Modi is wasting no time at all.

If Anthony was half this fast India would be at least nominally ready for a 2 front war right now.

Which is the best?

Archer?

Condor?

Caesar?

Archer looks amazing :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Which is the best?

Archer?

Condor?

Caesar?

Archer looks amazing :smitten::smitten::smitten:
Depends on how you define "the best", the Archer is probably the most advanced as it is fully automated and only requires a crew of 3 to operate. But it is also very heavy and thus is less transportable for the IA. The Caesar is then, on balance, probably the best system considering it is relatively light, is already mounted on an Indian truck and is very advanced.

And as an added bonus L&T have a stellar reputation for delivering on time and on budget (in the infrastructure domain that is ) and are through professionals.

Depends on how you define "the best", the Archer is probably the most advanced as it is fully automated and only requires a crew of 3 to operate. But it is also very heavy and thus is less transportable for the IA. The Caesar is then, on balance, probably the best system considering it is relatively light, is already mounted on an Indian truck and is very advanced.

And as an added bonus L&T have a stellar reputation for delivering on time and on budget (in the infrastructure domain that is ) and are through professionals.

As in which gun will progress through trials with ease and had the best shot of being L1 or L2.

Either L1 or L2 status will be granted based on politics and the other unknown factors. ( USA sanctions potential as an example)

This form of gun as it is self propelled is less of a logistical challenge.

Commonality with existing systems (bofors) is something we can't consider due to obvious reasons

Then effectiveness, CEP, ammo cost, life cycle cost, servicing, spare parts and a dozen other reasons.

We should buy the best possible system keeping in mind practicality.

...and the Caesar is also airportable by C-130J or larger aircraft.

Another awesome gun which we won't have

G6
g6_12[1].jpg

image[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom