What's new

Indian Army to soon have Russian T-90 tanks with ‘Make in India’ element as threat from Pakistan loo

Tanks are relevant in India Pakistan war in future but only that side may win who will have proper 21st Century tech and system support available, and infantry with fast, nimble and light armoured vehicles equipped with 8-10km range ATGMs, 105 Howitzers, mortars Advance AAAs and SAMs may be able to tackle any massive tank assault in NCW environment.
Even A super costly systems like javelin missile will cost minimum ten times cheeper than decent a low-cost tank,so now you do math,it's always cheep to operate atgms in numbers than a tank,and I dear results have higher tilting towards atgms side when atgms vs tank scenario.
Neither us or UK or France or Germany are not working on new tanks,all are having vintage tank designs when we compares with the Russian or Chinese tank ,I think era of tank is declined already,it's a matter of time.just like how WW1 shows us ,how horses are irrelevant.

Neither us or UK or France or Germany are not working on new tanks,all are having vintage tank designs when we compares with the Russian or Chinese tank ,I think era of tank is declined already,it's a matter of time.just like how WW1 shows us ,how horses are irrelevant.

Actually France and Germany are going to jointly develop a new tank to replace the Leopard 2 and Leclerc tanks that are in service in the two countries. Development should start by mid-2018.

Both countries are also bringing back mothballed tanks in service and modernizing their current fleet.

We thought the tank was a weapon of the past until the conflicts in Syria and Ukraine,and the lessons we learned from these conflicts proved us otherwise.

India is spending too much.so many new defense deals.i think Pakistan should focus on z-10 and atak and buy them in large numbers.we need attack helicopters near border and kindly buy some atgms.don't buy tanks.invest wisely.

India is spending too much.so many new defense deals.i think Pakistan should focus on z-10 and atak and buy them in large numbers.we need attack helicopters near border and kindly buy some atgms.don't buy tanks.invest wisely.
That's what I am saying,tank is a weapon of past.

Actually France and Germany are going to jointly develop a new tank to replace the Leopard 2 and Leclerc tanks that are in service in the two countries. Development should start by mid-2018.

Both countries are also bringing back mothballed tanks in service and modernizing their current fleet.

We thought the tank was a weapon of the past until the conflicts in Syria and Ukraine,and the lessons we learned from these conflicts proved us otherwise.
How

The t-90 made in russia already became defective after transferring to india.

Cant imagine what would happen if india makes t-90

Unlike other defense procurements that India do, tanks are Pakistan specific and play key role in an event of war between India and Pakistan because India - Pakistan border are mostly plane areas.
who else do you use tanks against other than pakistan?loooool

Why indian armed forces not going for amur tanks. Whats the point of increasing the number of t90s when we have better options available. If i recall russia was willing to sell amur tanks, than why not go for it. Better, lighter, more agile, powerful

These were supposed to be done 20 years ago when the governments were sleeping and the economic landscape was in the dumps.

We are 20 years late in modernising the forces. That's why we have to do everything immediately to make up for the delay.

Back
Top Bottom