What's new

Indian AWACS makes first flight

lol Look who is talking about copy paste China boom boom! hahahhaha

Stupidity is a blessing to you. No fact, simple trolling. :lol:

He wants to compare this with this....

m7qhea.jpg

KJ-200-AESA-AEWC-3S.jpg

The Buran orbiter had a more complex aerodynamic footprint than a Blade.
The Brazilian Erieye which is based on the same aircraft has a lot less modifications.
emb-145_13.jpg
The one tested now by DRDO has Refuelling capability,but the one in this image(buran orbiter) doesnt have it....

In case, you didn't know, Greek EMB 145 (AWACs) recently deployed in Libya war to support their allies.
But not in the actual war! It was used only for monitoring the sea lanes, because Greek navy supported the embargo against Libya, but neither the EMB 145 nor greek air force fighters participated in the attacks against Libya, so they couldn't get any war experience so far.

looks good,BTW,the radars were tested in mid flight????

Go through the video posted by Sudhir007

The radar unit (AAAU) is a mass and CG equivalent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone noticed that its EMB-145I's Active Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) seems to be smaller then the ERIEYE radar used on EMB-145 Erieye AEW&C or .........?

Here is a quick rough comparison through Photoshop (This is certainly not very accurate given the short time, slight differences in angle of the aircrafts and Photoshop skills are of very basic level)

indian+EMB-145+I+AEW%2526C+Vs+EMB-145+Erieye+%25281%2529.JPG

indian+EMB-145+I+AEW%2526C+Vs+EMB-145+Erieye+%25282%2529.JPG

indian+EMB-145+I+AEW%2526C+Vs+EMB-145+Erieye+%25283%2529.JPG

indian+EMB-145+I+AEW%2526C+Vs+EMB-145+Erieye+%25284%2529.JPG

It is not very accurate but it does illustrate point i was trying to make, Active Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) seems to be smaller in length compared to the FSR-890 Erieye SLAR

Has anyone noticed that its EMB-145I's Active Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) seems to be smaller then the ERIEYE radar used on EMB-145 Erieye AEW&C or .........?

Here is a quick rough comparison through Photoshop (This is certainly not very accurate given the short time, slight differences in angle of the aircrafts and Photoshop skills are of very basic level)

It is not very accurate but it does illustrate point i was trying to make, Active Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) seems to be smaller in length compared to the FSR-890 Erieye SLAR

Which should mean that the units packs more punch in a smaller form factor!! Awesome!

As per Dr. Katarki, the system's instrumental range tested using the rooftop testing module and simulated and other targets of opportunity seems to have made IAF very happy. Moreover, the indian bird seems to have additional cooling pack for much higher power ratings of the T&R modules compared to the older systems that have been integrated with 145!

Go CABS...

Congratulations India.:victory:
along with true friends, we will control the space and terriorial.
Vietnam, NASA ink joint-statement on cooperation
NASA.jpg

Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology's representative signs a joint-statement with NASA's representative Monday in Hanoi

interesting observation. so ur point is that the length is directly proportional to detection range?

so u have the big one now what how about the range just wait untill it is completed hold ur horses.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom