What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

The helicopter shooting down was investigated, the persons concerned taken action against, and steps have been taken to forestall the gap in communications that caused this.

Leaving a submarine hatch door open is again a serious mistake. Again, action has been taken. Worse accidents have happened in other, supposedly very well run navies. My point is that these cannot be shown to be any kind of general trend.

The example of the frigate in the drydock was nothing to do with the armed forces. That example was downright stupid.

How do you know? It is far more secretive in the Pakistani military than in Indian counterparts.

How do you know ?

Have any missiles landed in India lately that we didn't knew about ? Have we shot down our own aircraft using our own SAM system. Its very difficult to hide this kind of thing. So there being no actual proof is your proof ... what is this absurdity ?

Ah .. and the example of the frigate. So what you are saying is not only the armed forces are incompetent but people doing maintenances on military hardware are incompetent too.

1647080539269.png

I don't see us reverse engineering anything but the engine (and if good) the guidance.
Of course intelligence boys will be picking it apart.

Have we shot down our own aircraft using our own SAM system.
We have no idea. You have no idea either. If it happened, in a closed state, matters can be suppressed, that cannot be, in an open state.

That is the part I am wondering (and worrying about); the missile has over-ride controls to allow it to be remotely destroyed. Why was that not done?

It is possible that the bungling extended to this failure as well. Oscar's First Second Law applies.
Sir, the chances are remote that two failures will happen concurrently. I will allow that the missiles brain got fried & that could mean all sorts of things going wrong. But in sensitive systems there are back-ups & fail-safe modes. If there were none then this is not only a bad design but a security blunder of the highest order in a key system.

We must consider the counter-point that there is an element of mischief involved here. Let us explore a likely scenario:

On the day J-10CP is being inducted, Indian forces decide to conduct a test of supersonic missile close to Pakistan, to send a message. So there is already an issue with intent here. Next, the missile goes rogue in a precise manner. It crosses the border at what appears to be a right angle which gives it a chance of maximum range inside Pakistan (surprise, surprise), all the way to Mian Channu and exactly on the left side of the most important highway. Coincidentally, the missile did cross the most important railway line as it crashed.

The timing, the symbolism of the main highway & major railway line, crashing into the heart of Punjab, the fact that it went straight at a suspiciously optimum angle, the lack of any fail-safe system, & the lack of self-destruction all point to a malicious intent. You would have to excuse me in thinking the worse of it.

It would be right prudent of you to consider the presence of a rogue element within Indian forces - highly likely in the supercharged communal & anti-Pakistan atmosphere. Or else the intent was always there & the launch was according to a preconceived plan. Had Pakistan intercepted the missile via (say) HQ-9, the missile would have been blown to smithereens & India would deny that they did anything wrong because who would believe in tiny bits & shards to make a case for a rogue Brahmos?

It would in fact be a better option to believe that some rogue element did this, than to believe that a whole weapon system is badly designed with a fatal weakness, or that Indian decision-makers are such reckless bunch that they would risk starting a war. The first option is easiest to fix of the three, I believe. So do not just dismiss it out of hand.

The helicopter shooting down was investigated, the persons concerned taken action against, and steps have been taken to forestall the gap in communications that caused this.

Leaving a submarine hatch door open is again a serious mistake. Again, action has been taken. Worse accidents have happened in other, supposedly very well run navies. My point is that these cannot be shown to be any kind of general trend.

The example of the frigate in the drydock was nothing to do with the armed forces. That example was downright stupid.

In light of these foolish mistakes as indicated by you, the Indian Armed Forces do not qualify for possession of sophisticated arms. Someone quoted rightly, 'Bandar Kay Haath Ustraa'.

Ah .. and the example of the frigate. So what you are saying is not only the armed forces are incompetent but people doing maintenances on military hardware are incompetent too.
I didn't say that, you did. I merely pointed out that the armed forces had nothing to do with operations in the drydock.

Standing Ovation from me to you.

This made as much sense as earth being flat.
Are you in a position of authority, in the government, or in the armed forces of your country?

What gives you the confidence that you know everything that goes on? Were you aware, for instance, that a terrorist was hiding next to your military academy?

Please try to make sensible arguments.

In light of these foolish mistakes as indicated by you, the Indian Armed Forces do not qualify for possession of sophisticated arms. Someone quoted rightly, 'Bandar Kay Haath Ustraa'.
Please send them a postcard saying that you have decided that they should not have possession of sophisticated arms.

We have no idea. You have no idea either. If it happened, in a closed state, matters can be suppressed, that cannot be, in an open state.

What is it a zipper that can be closed or opened ? I mean how naïve are you ?

Do you think India is a street hooker which has been penetrated so many times that it is in a constant state of openness which Pakistan cannot reach or something ?

Do you actually believe that accidently bringing down your own plane can be suppressed in this darn age ? I am really curious what kind of reality Indians have created for themselves ?

Back
Top Bottom