What's new

Indian Citizenship for Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and Christians of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be important to remember that regardless of the problems they face today in the country they asked for and got, Ahmediya and Shia Muslims were at the forefront of the movement to create Pakistan.

A bit rich for many Indians to expect us to now allow them sanctuary and citizenship here.

Just my opinion of one.

Last edited:
1947 bangladesh too was part of pakistan.....infact the better part........how was it represented in word "pakistan"?

I read somewhere that the east Pakistanis used the name Bakistan (B for Bengal) while the west Pakistanis used the name Pakistan (P for Punjab). They could not come up with a word which included both P & B and hence went for a divorce.:D

It would be important to remember that regardless of the problems they face today in the country they asked for and got, Ahmediya and Shia Muslims were ate the forefront of the movement to create Pakistan.

This is very true. Hence the saying be careful what you wish for

I think this is a good move; Christians and Hindus are living in extreme poverty and hold little respect due to their 'low' clan/class status. Most of our street sweepers and a large segment of beggars are Hindus/Christians - it is best for them to migrate (if they are given better conditions).

It'll have a positive impact on Pakistan - poverty percentage will significantly decrease, streets will be less littered with beggars and the homeless, minimal wages for public services will increase. Not to mention - it'll take off some burden from our high population growth rate.

Downside could be temporary shortage in manpower for public services.

I'd doubt Sikhs would migrate in these present years; majority Sikhs who migrated were from KPK, who fled TTP's terror. Sikhs in Punjab are well integrated, happy and thriving.

India is rapidly growing and would surely love to have these people.

Its wrong spelling of Pakistan you missed I in your spelling,your answer is wrong :P although PAKASTAN sounds Punjabi
Where did the 'A' come from? Supposed to write it with a hyphen, Pak'stan, see? :agree:

You are just making it up. Nice try :sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:. Why was East Pakistan not added?

1947 bangladesh too was part of pakistan.....infact the better part........how was it represented in word "pakistan"?

I read somewhere that the east Pakistanis used the name Bakistan (B for Bengal) while the west Pakistanis used the name Pakistan (P for Punjab). They could not come up with a word which included both P & B and hence went for a divorce.:D
Allama Iqbal put forward Concept of Pakistan by uniting 5 Provinces from Kashmir to Sindh, BD was not included or envisaged by our leaders earlier. We got that Bonus land as part & parcel of the division. PML won the Bengal so naturally, they aligned their future with us

Why not Muslims as well? Why this hypocrisy as I thought India was secular and Muslims are equal Indians. According to Indians religion does not constitute nationality then why not give Muslims nationality as well?

Pakistan wasn't solely created for 'Muslims of India' - Ethnicity, culture and history played the same if not a more important role. This is even noted in our abbreviation of Pakistan.

Punjab
Afgania
Kashmir
Sindh
BalochisTAN
Which about Bengal (East) ?

Which about Bengal (East) ?

That only existed pre 1971.

The narrative changed somewhat post that. And those we speak to here, save a few exceptions, were all born and grew up post that.

If history be your guide, the Bangalis had as much if not greater hand in dividing India.

News Report mentions refugees and poverty apart from religious persecution

Muslim refugee on basis of poverty cannot get indian citizenship? thats racist.
No, thats impractical. If allowed, almost all of pakistan (basis poverty) will come and take refuge in India. We dont want that.

No, thats impractical. If allowed, almost all of pakistan (basis poverty) will come and take refuge in India. We dont want that.
Thank you for commenting without reading all my posts on this topic and thoroughly embarrassing yourself.
Ciao.

India is a secular state while Pakistan is a Islamic republic.

Also, That is not in the domain & purview of government of India.

Is that why there was a Hindu ceremony when the Tejas was recently inducted? Why a Hindu ceremony for an air force of a secular country?

Is that why there was a Hindu ceremony when the Tejas was recently inducted? Why a Hindu ceremony for an air force of a secular country?

Good point, but you would need to live in India as an Indian to understand the context.

Coconut breaking, aarti, lamp lighting etc., while all Hindu, are seen as cultural and not religious and are done everywhere. In academia, in science, in corporate, in government, in schools.

That is Indian media for you. Actually, there were Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and christian priests for the ceremony. Search some more for details and more pics of the same ceremony.

In military at least, there is always this standard practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom