What's new

Indian Citizenship for Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists and Christians of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that why there was a Hindu ceremony when the Tejas was recently inducted? Why a Hindu ceremony for an air force of a secular country?

There was a Sikh priest as well along a Molvi. They took turns while conducting the ceremony.

091262d1a3b3240ad20d544d19b78f8f8b879ede-tc-img-preview.jpg

lca1_2916006p.jpg

800x480_IMAGE55035535.jpg

Care to see beyond the propaganda they feed u ?

Good point, but you would need to live in India as an Indian to understand the context.

Coconut breaking, aarti, lamp lighting etc., while all Hindu, are seen as cultural and not religious and are done everywhere. In academia, in science, in corporate, in government, in schools.
Good point, but you would need to live in India as an Indian to understand the context.

Coconut breaking, aarti, lamp lighting etc., while all Hindu, are seen as cultural and not religious
and are done everywhere. In academia, in science, in corporate, in government, in schools.

If I agree with this, it only strengthens my point which is by all intents and purposes India is a Hindu dominant country.

Maybe that wasn't the plan but that's how it's turned out to be because one group is so overwhelmingly bigger than the rest.

There was a Sikh priest as well along a Molvi. They took turns while conducting the ceremony.

091262d1a3b3240ad20d544d19b78f8f8b879ede-tc-img-preview.jpg

lca1_2916006p.jpg

800x480_IMAGE55035535.jpg

Care to see beyond the propaganda they feed u ?

I saw the pictures and would argue that you are the one indulging in propaganda. Do Muslims, Sikhs, Christians engage in the rituals which were led by the hindu priest? No. Putting them there makes no difference when all the rituals done are Hindu centric.

If I agree with this, it only strengthens my point which is by all intents and purposes India is a Hindu dominant country.

Maybe that wasn't the plan but that's how it's turned out to be because one group is so overwhelmingly bigger than the rest.

My countrymen have answered you above. Its very common to have priests/elders of all faiths for auspicious occasions.

We do it without even thinking.

Otherwise a country that is 80%+ of one faith, it would be so easy to just not.

Each priest chants his own prayers, does his own rituals. In perfect harmony. Afterwards the congregation are blessed equally by all.

Its so common, I'm actually feeling weird explaining it.

Is that why there was a Hindu ceremony when the Tejas was recently inducted? Why a Hindu ceremony for an air force of a secular country?
3gYe54A.jpg

An inter-faith prayer being conducted before the induction of LCA Tejas into the IAF at Aircraft Systems & Test Establishment in Bengaluru on Friday.

Source: thehindu. Can't post link, don't meet minimum req.

That is Indian media for you. Actually, there were Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and christian priests for the ceremony. Search some more for details and more pics of the same ceremony.

In military at least, there is always this standard practice.

Sure but as I said the rituals were all Hindu centric. Muslims, Christians and Sikhs don't celebrate by breaking coconuts and doing what the hindu priest did.

I saw the pictures and would argue that you are the one indulging in propaganda. Do Muslims, Sikhs, Christians engage in the rituals which were led by the hindu priest? No. Putting them there makes no difference when all the rituals done are Hindu centric.
In India mate....in India. Rituals are done as per Hindu, muslim and other religious practices simultaneously. No one leads others.

Besides, Coconut ka koi dharm nahi hota :rofl:

Sure but as I said the rituals were all Hindu centric. Muslims, Christians and Sikhs don't celebrate by breaking coconuts and doing what the hindu priest did.
As I said, sikhs celebrated it their way, muslims their way.

In India mate....in India. Rituals are done as per Hindu, muslim and other religious practices simultaneously. No one leads others.

Besides, Coconut ka koi dharm nahi hota :rofl:

As I said, sikhs celebrated it their way, muslims their way.

Coconut ka koi dharam nahi hota lakin coconut ki dharmic connotation zaroor hoti hai.

And I can't speak for Sikhs but Muslims don't celebrate an occasion the way it was done at the ceremony.

Well a sikh priest did ardas (prayer) what you want him to do full akhand path?

Coconut ka koi dharam nahi hota lakin coconut ki dharmic connotation zaroor hoti hai.

And I can't speak for Sikhs but Muslims don't celebrate an occasion the way it was done at the ceremony.

One cannot escape from the fact that all of us belong to an unbroken heritage of thousands of years that colors every part of our lives. Nor can we suddenly stop doing things the way our ancestors have done for thousands of years just because our new adopted ways (for some of us) do not do the same and practice things differently from other parts of the world (in some cases). We would then cease to be Indian.

Don't have an iota of knowledge abt Islam but in India yeah we do indulge in our 'paath' when we buy or initiate something new.

One cannot escape from the fact that all of us belong to an unbroken heritage of thousands of years that colors every part of our lives. Nor can we suddenly stop doing things the way our ancestors have done for thousands of years just because our new adopted ways (for some of us) do not do the same and practice things differently from other parts of the world (in some cases). We would then cease to be Indian.

That's fine. Just accept that and don't propagate that you're the benchmark for secularism and demonize other countries. No harm in being a Hindu country.

There're only a handful of countries in the world which are tilting more towards secularism than being influenced by a major religion.

Last edited:

What do pak airforce do when they induct a new aircraft? or, more generally, how do Pakistani muslims celebrate an occasion?

In India, what you see in the pictures is a common practice, no one gets offended. Perhaps, we don't appreciate this, but reading your posts, I am sort of proud of our unity.

That's fine. Just accept that and don't propagate that you're the beacon of light and demonize other countries. No harm in being a Hindu country.

There're only a handful of countries in the world which are tilting more towards secularism than being influenced by one major religion.

I would disagree. I actually do not think there is a more secular country of highly religious people than India in the world today. Not on India's scale. Not even off India's scale.

And when it comes to Muslims, we are probably the only shining beacon of light in the world today. Which is painfully obvious to everyone around the world who is seeing things develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom