What's new

Indian defence & religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is precisely the tyranny of the majority that one is seeking to avert.

What about the tyranny of the minority ? Something like you seek to impose your opinion on everyone else ? Is it justified ?

Even if one person is uncomfortable with what is going on, it must stop.

Things cant stop for the sake of one person's insecurity. If they feel it is not worthwhile they can happily skip the event.

Why is Indic culture dependent on making minorities insecure to continue in existence?

Now the truth is coming out. So it is not about superstitions or logic or science. It is about a section of minorities feeling insecure at the sight of a ritual rooted in Indic religions.A totally unwarranted feeling on their part.

What harm does it do to them if these rituals take place ? No one is doing a ritual for an asteroid hitting the minority homes or a swine flu hitting them. As I said some things can be taken as genuine but everything cant be held hostage to the whims of what a section of minority feel or may feel.

It should precisely NOT be what the majority wills, in defiance of the minority. Otherwise you are eliminating the minority in steps.

Doing a bhumi puja or breaking a coconut or having a small arti eliminates the minority. What a logic sirjee !

Your sense of insecurity at anything Indic, astounds me.

It is precisely the tyranny of the majority that one is seeking to avert.
Even if one person is uncomfortable with what is going on, it must stop.
Why is Indic culture dependent on making minorities insecure to continue in existence?
Its not called tyranny and I was not referring to only Hindus, I am yet to be shown that a Muslim associated with a project was told not to offer prayers because it would offend the Hindu majority, if yes then I withdraw my argument. The best example for you would be to see Indian Army.. also read the official press release of INS Teg which will give you an idea of the microcosm in India..

Im sorry if one person feels uncomfortable and it is stopped then it will be called monarchy.. I hope you are not going there or are you?

India has a fine balance which is being disturbed by the politics which ensnare them into cheapness.. In villages a Muslim cuts a goat for a Hindu ceremony to take place..

There are lots of assumptions that are wrong.

Assuming that people who worship stones are stupid, is also wrong. This is how hate & disharmony spreads. ;)

First, I am against superstition. This lemon/Rahu Kaalam crap is superstition, not religion.

Bikini dress code in swimming pool is also superstition. Such dictatorial dress codes should not be allowed around swimming pools. People should be allowed to take a dip in dhoti, saree, choli, salwar and shirt-pants in whichever manner they like. ;)

Second, obtrusive, public religion is a source of disharmony. Nobody objects to a believer praying quietly; if it gets into someone's way, it is offensive.

your hateful comments on religious people and their freedom is producing disharmony. You can't gag people and stop them to publicly display their beliefs and going to temple. If going to temple is offensive to you, then you coloring your car in Red/Black is also offensive to my eyes. Either repaint it blue/white or shove it in your backside. ;)

Third, people do not speak up against these practices; banning has to be institutionalised.

People should speak up against Red/Black cars, I hate these colors. Blue/white should be institutionalized. I am saddam Hussein, I will decide whats correct and whats wrong. Hindus are so stupid, tribal, backward(because white men said so). Blah blah blah.. (hitch *whisky*) ;)

PS: Drinking whisky pushes up spirits because its invented by white men, crashing champagne bottle on boats is also good as this tradition was invented by white men(inspired from Indian rituals, they needed something to feel better) but lemon crushing is a blasphemy, it should be banned. Bloody brown Indian backward ritual. How dare brown backward Indian tried to match Godly white men? ;)

There are many more rituals in Indian Army (one of the most famous being a "certain event" before any soldier embarks to Siachen), IAF and IN that I would like to share here, but I dont want to earn the ire of Mr.Joe or increase his already off-the-chart insecurity :lol:

Just as i blame the congress on playing vote bank politics, i blame the RSS for some of the new and often bizarre rituals being performed on articles of national significance.

There are estimated to be 12,000 RSS schools in India in which children are….. designed to promote bigotry and religious fanaticism in the name of inculcating knowledge of culture in the young generation. Hinduism is far beyond the trivial rituals being advocated by these goons. The same religion that created the concepts of dharma, karma and moksha cannot be held captive by fundamentalists hell bent on causing dissent. Hinduism has no scope for fundamentalists, yet here they are. Which makes you realize that its just the selfish nature of men at work here....nothing significant.

Just as i blame the congress on playing vote bank politics, i blame the RSS for some of the new and often bizarre rituals being performed on articles of national significance.

How did RSS come into the topic Fazlu bhai ?

LOL..are you by any chance Digvijay Singh of "RSS ka haath" fame ?

It should precisely NOT be what the majority wills, in defiance of the minority. Otherwise you are eliminating the minority in steps.
This comment from you who I was believing to be scientifically oriented is so unappreciated :tdown:

There are estimated to be 12,000 RSS schools in India in which children are….. designed to promote bigotry and religious fanaticism in the name of inculcating knowledge of culture in the young generation. Hinduism is far beyond the trivial rituals being advocated by these goons. The same religion that created the concepts of dharma, karma and moksha cannot be held captive by fundamentalists hell bent on causing dissent. Hinduism has no scope for fundamentalists, yet here they are. Which makes you realize that its just the selfish nature of men at work here....nothing significant.
I would agree to most of your comment but then if RSS is doing such things why do you give it so much of a thought, forget those goons.. as I said religious fanaticism is everywhere.. Its not the scope a religion has, its the scope created by people.. lets not forget that.. let there be no bad blood between Indians, we have a very hostile neighbor who is ready to cash in on exactly the same concept. From the start I have been speaking as an Indian, if you see my earlier post I even mentioned about the practice of muslims who drink water only while sitting...

I was not the one who said a drink would be just fine for keeping up the spirits.

The foreigners have no problem with it and take part in it, the Indian higher management wants it, the employees want it. So who will say no ?

Whether Mr.Joe Shearer likes it or not, most believe in it and such rituals will continue. For instance just day before yesterday the Bhumi Puja for the four laning of the NH-69 segment from Mettupalayam to CBE was done and work was started.

For more details, commissioning of a new Air India flight ;

6+Puja+for+Aircraft.jpg

274692921_9d7f2db0d8.jpg

:D

The reason why Air India has been ranked the best airlines in the world. :D

Following the culture of the land doesn't equate to "tyranny of majority" imho.

Indians are religious in nature and they perform the rituals as they have always done. What is wrong with it? Many rituals are not even religious in nature. They are just supposed to bring good tidings.

Let's not take secularism to such an extreme that the people start hating it. India is secular because the vast majority of us want it to be secular.

Let's not create a dogma of secularism and become secular fanatics.

Honestly I cant believe we are having a debate on this insignificant topic.

When I first saw this thread I thought it is something concerning some defence concepts from the scriptures. :lol:

The reason why Air India has been ranked the best airlines in the world.

This is the reason why they are even flying with the gross mis-management at the top..:lol:

LOL witty comment though. If only the gods could send younger airhostesses to AI. :cheesy:

Honestly I cant believe we are having a debate on this insignificant topic.

When I first saw this thread I thought it is something concerning some defence concepts from the scriptures. :lol:
i saw this whole thread pass by, It was hijacked from LCA thread after joe aisha and angad_nsa jumped to the topic...

Let's not take secularism to such an extreme that the people start hating it. India is secular because the vast majority of us want it to be secular.

Let's not create a dogma of secularism and become secular fanatics.

Quoted for the truth.

i saw this whole thread pass by, It was hijacked from LCA thread after joe aisha and angad_nsa jumped to the topic...

I'm also a culprit because I was the one who posted some recent occurences here. Mea Culpa :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom