What's new

Indian food-- Best in the world

Regardless of the dish one difference is the use of spices. I think and hope I am right Pakistani dishes have more spices while Indian dishes have less spices.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You haven't tasted chutneys from Andhra Pradesh :chilli::chilli::chilli:

As the joke goes, the food is why Indians use water instead of toilet paper :mod:

Right name and pronounciation is Qubooli Pulao, not Kabuli Pulao. Its plain rice with channa daal (check peas), kumin seed, onions, garlic, black cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and black pepper.

Usually served with plain raita, i.e. yoghurt, salt and chilli/cayenne pepper. :coffee:

Right name and pronounciation is Qubooli Pulao, not Kabuli Pulao. Its plain rice with channa daal (check peas), kumin seed, onions, garlic, black cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and black pepper.
Usually served with plain raita, i.e. yoghurt, salt and chilli/cayenne pepper. :coffee:

hmm...Neo has great taste! ur family should be lucky!!! anyway thanks for all pak dish details. really i never heard about those...:pakistan:

Slightly off the topic, most Pakistani restaurants I see in the west advertise themselves as "Pakistani and Indian cuisine". Why is this so? To attract more customers?

Because it is similar ?
Dont get me wrong, I m not saying Indian food is not good.:china:
In our local restaurants in the bay , 50% of the patrons are indians
bacause the food taste soooooooooooo good!
I think punjabi Indian food tastes much better than regular I.F.

I like food and love to impress women by my cooking skills and getting rewards. :enjoy: ;)

Qubooli pulao is really easy to make; soak 2 cups of basmati and 1/2 cup of channa daal for an hour. Fry onions till they turn golden-brown, add cinnamon, black cardamom, cloves, pepper and stir fry for a minute. Add cumin seed and garlic and pour in water, rice and daal and set to cook in 45 minutes. You'll get an incredible result if you add 2 table spoons of plain vinnegar, its my secret ;)

For plain chilli raita take 2 cups of youghurt, 1 teaspoon salt, 1-2 teaspoons chilli pepper and mix well together.

Heat 3 tablesppons of oil, add 2-4 curry leaves and 1 teaspoon of cumin seed and fry for a minute and pour over the raita.

Enjoy your Qubooli Pulao :enjoy:

rewards like "carry over minutes"? or reward like ...........mmmmm mujhe kahtay sharam atti hai!

Anybody here heard bout Puttu - Kadala Combination? or Pazhamporii??? The latter is heard to get if u are out of Kerala.

I can't say Indian food is the best in the world, but I do like curry.

What about chicken biriyaani I heard pakistanies(Especially sindhies)are good in those any great biriyaani rcipe..

Anybody here heard bout Puttu - Kadala Combination? or Pazhamporii??? The latter is heard to get if u are out of Kerala.

Yes I have eaten both. you can get it in Bangalore.

I like Akki roti anytime. Apart from andhra meals.

u mean the famed steam cake! hahahah, man poor westerns are charged exorbitant rates for a dish that costs so less! and they pay willingly!

What about sarsoon ka saag and makai ki rooti. This perhaps is one of the best punjabi dish.

Ezaz please don't stop there it should be complimented with Lassi and lot of butter.

Back
Top Bottom