What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
521815_599949646683394_1404613390_n.jpg

I beg to differ.

The last time I was reading political news of India, Congress and specifically advisers of Rahul and Sonia felt like very cunning.
On the other hand, the top brass of BJP seems to be making one mistake after another. Be the leader which I forgot, some Marathi businessman, or others. They even had a PM in waiting which has his legs in grave.

Who do you think seems closer to committing a political blunder?

Cross Posting here

I spoke about Modi only not the top brass of BJP anyways and about Rahul yes I do feel that he has a agenda to prove that he is a mature and strong leader.

The lack of any real work is lacking from Rahul's side not Modi's.

Hopefully this turns out to be good.

Social media to influence 160 Lok Sabha seats in next elections: Study - Indian Express

Social media is likely to influence 160 Lok Sabha seats in the next general elections, a study has said.

"There are 160 high impact constituencies out of the total of 543 constituencies, which are likely be influenced by social media during the next general elections," the study by IRIS Knowledge Foundation and Internet and Mobile Association of India has said.

The state of Maharashtra has the maximum 21 high impact constituencies followed by Gujarat (17), the study -- Social Media and Lok Sabha Elections -- said.

High impact constituencies are those where the number of Facebook users is more than the margin of victory of the winner in the last Lok Sabha election, or where Facebook users account for over 10 per cent of total voters in a constituency.

Uttar Pradesh has 14 high impact constituencies, while Karnataka has 12 such seats. Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala has 12, 11 and 10 such seats respectively.

Madhya Pradesh has nine high impact constituencies while Delhi has seven, the study said.

Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan have five high impact constituencies each while Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand and West Bengal have four constituencies, the study said.

There are a total of 67 constituencies, which have been identified as medium impact constituencies, while the rest of the constituencies have been identified as low impact or no impact constituencies, the study said.

The medium impact constituencies are those where it has been assumed that a Facebook user can influence one other voter who may not be on Facebook, it said.

There are 60 low impact constituencies while the remaining 256 are in no-impact category, it added.

Cross Posting here

I spoke about Modi only not the top brass of BJP anyways and about Rahul yes I do feel that he has a agenda to prove that he is a mature and strong leader.

The lack of any real work is lacking from Rahul's side not Modi's.

Modi wouldn't come to power alone, he will have a baggage with him. Party members and allies. Even if he do becomes a PM, he cant keep all of the others in check. BJP has had hard time keeping all its leaders in leash - Uma Bhartee, Yedi, etc. Rahul would not act on his own, he would be following his advisers, the likes of Digvijay Singh. They might look like clowns, but their political astuteness cannot be questioned. Sonia Gandhi has never blundered with her comments/action like successive party presidents of BJP.

As corrupt as congress is, it can always depend on the opposition to give it a lifeline. If I remember correctly, BJP leaders were defending Yedi/Bellary. You can yell Modi, Modi as much as you like. He is larger than life in Gujarat. He can keep rest of the party and RSS in check there. But he would not get support of half the allies. If NDA do get majority, chances are he would not become PM. If that happens and, god forbid, 'The iron man' becomes the PM, you can fully expect another, no, numerous Bellary. And the people expecting a good response to Pakistan, can expect another trip to the grave of Jinnah, and forgiveness to Musharraf.

I remember once reading a reporter, that congress is corrupt, and is looting the country. But is doing so slowly, cause it knows it is in power for eternity and has loads of time to do so. BJP on the other hand is not confident of the full term, let alone next one. And tries to maximize the profits!

I am not in favor of next UPA term. It should go to NDA. Not cause I am a Modi fan/Rahul hater. I am neither, well a bit inclined towards Modi. But I just feel that power should not remain in the hands of one for a long time, but keep on changing hands.

Modi wouldn't come to power alone, he will have a baggage with him. Party members and allies. Even if he do becomes a PM, he cant keep all of the others in check. BJP has had hard time keeping all its leaders in leash - Uma Bhartee, Yedi, etc. Rahul would not act on his own, he would be following his advisers, the likes of Digvijay Singh. They might look like clowns, but their political astuteness cannot be questioned. Sonia Gandhi has never blundered with her comments/action like successive party presidents of BJP.

As corrupt as congress is, it can always depend on the opposition to give it a lifeline. If I remember correctly, BJP leaders were defending Yedi/Bellary. You can yell Modi, Modi as much as you like. He is larger than life in Gujarat. He can keep rest of the party and RSS in check there. But he would not get support of half the allies. If NDA do get majority, chances are he would not become PM. If that happens and, god forbid, 'The iron man' becomes the PM, you can fully expect another, no, numerous Bellary. And the people expecting a good response to Pakistan, can expect another trip to the grave of Jinnah, and forgiveness to Musharraf.

I remember once reading a reporter, that congress is corrupt, and is looting the country. But is doing so slowly, cause it knows it is in power for eternity and has loads of time to do so. BJP on the other hand is not confident of the full term, let alone next one. And tries to maximize the profits!

I am not in favor of next UPA term. It should go to NDA. Not cause I am a Modi fan/Rahul hater. I am neither, well a bit inclined towards Modi. But I just feel that power should not remain in the hands of one for a long time, but keep on changing hands.

Who in politics does not have a baggage, anyways Modi - if declared the PM candidate, we will see a exodus of allies maybe some maybe many. Most probably the allies will come into the picture post elections and if he achieves some favorable numbers you will see some startling display of politicians changing sides.

BJP always had a problem keeping leaders under leash but they also are the ones which have ample freedom to do so. Take congress and what the high command confers the party follows without much opposition. That is also very dangerous, in case of a crisis if the politicians keep thinking about their party and not about the nation then to hell with that party.

Who in politics does not have a baggage, anyways Modi - if declared the PM candidate, we will see a exodus of allies maybe some maybe many. Most probably the allies will come into the picture post elections and if he achieves some favorable numbers you will see some startling display of politicians changing sides.

BJP always had a problem keeping leaders under leash but they also are the ones which have ample freedom to do so. Take congress and what the high command confers the party follows without much opposition. That is also very dangerous, in case of a crisis if the politicians keep thinking about their party and not about the nation then to hell with that party.

Do you think Modi can keep in check likes of Sushma, Arun, Scindhia etc? Forget the south Indians, they are out of his reach anyways. Not to mention the leftover allies, like the Thakreys.
And how is he going to get magic numbers. No south India. No Kashmir, UP, Bengal, north east. Gujarat, MP, CG, prob Punjab, bit from Maharashtra. How do you see BJP getting a big figure, with or without him?

And you have made a very extreme assumption, that the central leadership is going against the nation to create a crisis. Though if push come to show, even congress leaders have gone against the 'high command' in the past, and can do so in the future. At least they have the rouge ones under control. In BJP, every rebel has his own agenda. Not that congressis have none, but they don't rebel for no cause, like Bhartee! Even the chaos in Congress is more organized than that of BJP!

Do you think Modi can keep in check likes of Sushma, Arun, Scindhia etc? Forget the south Indians, they are out of his reach anyways. Not to mention the leftover allies, like the Thakreys.
And how is he going to get magic numbers. No south India. No Kashmir, UP, Bengal, north east. Gujarat, MP, CG, prob Punjab, bit from Maharashtra. How do you see BJP getting a big figure, with or without him?

And you have made a very extreme assumption, that the central leadership is going against the nation to create a crisis. Though if push come to show, even congress leaders have gone against the 'high command' in the past, and can do so in the future. At least they have the rouge ones under control. In BJP, every rebel has his own agenda. Not that congressis have none, but they don't rebel for no cause, like Bhartee! Even the chaos in Congress is more organized than that of BJP!

I said if Modi gets a favorable number.

1. Never made that assumption, only saying it can happen.. are we not dealing in the present?
2. Care pointing what harm BJP leaders have done yet? How was Indra Gandhi Controlled after the amendments? Who controlled her? She was brave and all but she also was the biggest threat to our democracy at that time.
3. Still, I need an example where a leader has harmed our country and was not controlled, or you are also assuming?

I said if Modi gets a favorable number.

1. Never made that assumption, only saying it can happen.. are we not dealing in the present?
2. Care pointing what harm BJP leaders have done yet? How was Indra Gandhi Controlled after the amendments? Who controlled her? She was brave and all but she also was the biggest threat to our democracy at that time.
3. Still, I need an example where a leader has harmed our country and was not controlled, or you are also assuming?

1) Those were two different points. Modi getting the figures was one, and him getting other leaders from the party in control was second. Even if he does becomes the PM, for now he is not big enough to prevent other members of his own party/allies at central level from being corrupt. It would take more than just him at central level to change the system.

Starting point of the argument was that who would need to take desperate steps to show his authority. My argument is, Rahul may not be viewed as mature leader, but he has a team of cunning advisers, who would prevent him from committing a blunder.

Modi on the other hand, would not be able to stop his ministers/govt (it is very unlikely he would) on central level, and repeat the success of Gujarat (this is a fairly realistic assumption). The possibility of him taking a hard stance on international stage to maintain his image is higher.

2) If you think Yedi and Reddy bros have done no harm to the country, no argument. If I remember correctly, at the same time a congress CM or some minister was thrown out of party for corruption while BJP leaders were defending Karnataka politicians.

And whatever Indira Gandhi did, it was in our constitution. I can't discuss on her, as I have no knowledge of any amendments she did. My only knowledge comes from my grandfather (a retired govt official) who was happy during that period cause everything was running on time with little/no corruption (in his office). In any case, water under the bridge. Democracy showed her the door, and she had to acknowledge her mistake. Distant past. Something like that is not possible now, even the Iron Man is too soft to do that. Talk about present. And I would include last five years, one term for govt to be present.

3) Again I would say, if you think Yedi, Reddy bros have done no harm, I have no arguments. They were not controlled by the BJP leadership, but the court/lokayukt.

I dont have anything against BJP for being communal, they all are, even the communist. It is just that I used to look up to the 'party with difference'. I just didn't like the difference.

1) Those were two different points. Modi getting the figures was one, and him getting other leaders from the party in control was second. Even if he does becomes the PM, for now he is not big enough to prevent other members of his own party/allies at central level from being corrupt. It would take more than just him at central level to change the system.

Starting point of the argument was that who would need to take desperate steps to show his authority. My argument is, Rahul may not be viewed as mature leader, but he has a team of cunning advisers, who would prevent him from committing a blunder.

Modi on the other hand, would not be able to stop his ministers/govt (it is very unlikely he would) on central level, and repeat the success of Gujarat (this is a fairly realistic assumption). The possibility of him taking a hard stance on international stage to maintain his image is higher.

2) If you think Yedi and Reddy bros have done no harm to the country, no argument. If I remember correctly, at the same time a congress CM or some minister was thrown out of party for corruption while BJP leaders were defending Karnataka politicians.

And whatever Indira Gandhi did, it was in our constitution. I can't discuss on her, as I have no knowledge of any amendments she did. My only knowledge comes from my grandfather (a retired govt official) who was happy during that period cause everything was running on time with little/no corruption (in his office). In any case, water under the bridge. Democracy showed her the door, and she had to acknowledge her mistake. Distant past. Something like that is not possible now, even the Iron Man is too soft to do that. Talk about present. And I would include last five years, one term for govt to be present.

3) Again I would say, if you think Yedi, Reddy bros have done no harm, I have no arguments. They were not controlled by the BJP leadership, but the court/lokayukt.

I dont have anything against BJP for being communal, they all are, even the communist. It is just that I used to look up to the 'party with difference'. I just didn't like the difference.

No PM can control his ministers if they try their hand at corruption, the kind of Damage YSR did to A.P is no less than what Yedi did, everyone let him do what he did, until he died and the Skeltons came tumbling out of the closet. No one is doodh ka dhulla sir.

The leaders in BJP are good, Arun Jaitely, Sushma Swaraj, LK Adavni and the others are the only ones who will form his core team and I believe they are equally good. Modi will be hard bent to show action, yes but he has been pitching for economical progress. I believe he at least has the experience and has proven many wrong about his worth, the NDA rule under ABV was a good govt. many leaders at the centre were these leaders itself.

Whereas, Rahul can also be seen as a person who has to show his worth if not what is the purpose of projecting him without any experience, what was his purpose of giving a speech on what LokPal should be and do nothing about it? The congress has some good leaders no doubt, why not put them forward?

The congress party has denied the good leaders the chance to run the country, only to make the faux Gandhi legacy remain relevant.. Pranab Mukherjee was pushed off the road with presidency, he was a brilliant politician, why make MMS the PM for a second term, cause he might make them irrelevant. Same with Chidambaram. I want to end this and Frankly, I do not see any leader from BJP except Modi to lead the country.

Let us also talk about the draught in MH, it was an engineered draught, by drafting a policy which ran against the law of water allocation in a particular order and guess when this was done, from 2005 and who was the CM then, any guesses?

Adarsh scam, any idea who all were charge sheeted? Why there is no news of it? Coal blocks allegation by the centre? 2G Scam? Mate you cannot tell me the Yeddi story alone and brush every act of congress under the carpet..

Nitin Gadkari was also removed from the party presidency after his scam came to the fore...

Indra Gandhi, no one stopped her from Congress when she made the 84th amendment, if I remember correctly, it is as you said the democracy so do not tell me Congress can stop and BJP cannot..

Back
Top Bottom