What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
Nitish is like Kim Jong Un who keeps saying Iwill launch nuclear missile as a ploy to get more concessions.

Ultimately nothing is going to happen. I also read a tweet today that if Nitish quits NDA then Modi should give him a big thank you card.
With Nitish gone Modi may be able to free his arms. It may be a temporary setback but good in the long run

It does not matter tracking the global crude price - The government is losing money subsidizing the oil in Indian market - if the global price is high, then the government loses more, if not it is loses less - either way government has been losing money wrt to oil. That is why I did not emphasize on the global price tracking much.

So if Congress govt. or whichever govt. is jacking up price it is because it is it could not subsidize the oil anymore after taking a revenue loss for many years. So I do not find fault with what the government is doing.

The appropriate way is govt. step out of the way of the oil price - if the global crude price goes up let the consumers pay more - if not let them pay less. This way the consume will learn to be responsible - for example, if a consumer feels that rs 100 per liter will poke a hole in his pocket, he will look for fuel efficient car and not a SUV.

Subsidy should not be there at all. But subsidy is not a issue here.
You failed to explain the double price of gasoline in 5 years in karnataka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Subsidy should not be there at all. But subsidy is not a issue here.
You failed to explain the double price of gasoline in 5 years in karnataka.

Yawn - I explained how it works and you are hung up on detailed analysis based on the barrel prices you were quoting. I am not going to spend my time on it. But in case you want to do it yourself the nos you quoted before are for US which is why US gas prices are much lower even without subsidies. It is not one rate fit everyone. As far as I know rate offered to India in the recent times was around $100 per barrel.

BHzU05oCEAAka0a.jpg:large

Yawn - I explained how it works and you are hung up on detailed analysis based on the barrel prices you were quoting. I am not going to spend my time on it. But in case you want to do it yourself the nos you quoted before are for US which is why US gas prices are much lower even without subsidies. It is not one rate fit everyone. As far as I know rate offered to India in the recent times was around $100 per barrel.

Crude oil prices are international, like a bullion market, prices quoted twice daily.

Suddenly Vajpayee seems to be a new benchmark in political integrity for every political party. I wonder if that was still the case if Vajpayee was still in active politics today?

Leave aside JD(U) the other day I heard Sanjay Jha of Congress singing praises of Vajpayee !!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave aside JD(U) the other day I heard Sanjay Jha of Congress singing praises of Vajpayee !!!!!!!!!!!!

that's what i'm talking about. Irrespective of their political ideology, everyone seems to be quoting Vajpayee & claiming how an ideal leader he was. But when he was in politics... seems like all these guys were mentally bankrupt & emotionally exhausted to realize his importance!!

^^^ is he for real? Seriously... what's wrong with his advisers? are they blind to realize how embarrassing he could be, if he represents India in any capacity? God save India from jokers of this kind!

JD(U) opposes Modi as PM, rules out tie-up with Congress - The Times of India

Yeddyurappa promises Rs 2,000 crore budget allocation for Muslims - The Times of India

@arp2041 @Ayush @samantk

Back to basics and back to vote banks. Yedi sahib cashing in the secular chip. Man, why do people take that term and bash it up so bad, gives secular people like me a bad name. :angry:

His dreams of being the prime ministerial candidates are fading fast, this was bound to happen. I think BJP should let him loose, might not help In the short term but it at least will not bog down BJP in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom