What's new

Indian Government announces FDI in many industries!!

Now time to organize retail sector and drive away the middle men....Cheers to famers and consumers.

mere eyewash dear ...govt dont have numbers to push such reforms they know that ,then why the sudden this drama?

There will be no parliament session where mamata etc can blackmail govt :lol: and even elections in 2 states are near so cant take risk to loose them and these elections will decide 2014 final ;)

I still remember how our politicians didn't wanted use of COMPUTERS in bank and other industries fearing that will cost "Garib's" Job getting replaced....I hope they don't act in the same way this time....

GOI finally decided to bite the bullet.There is a strong anti incumbency feeling , so the Govt decided to go down fighting.

Small retail shopkeepers will be affect because of this FDI?
Possibly.......
But most probably, due to small retailers only serving a small area and giving personalised service, they will not be much effected. Even now living in Delhi, I get most of monthly items from the super market, and the daily items like bread, eggs and stuff that's running low from the local shop......
This will affect the small guys, but they will be most probably absorbed back into the chain as employees in big marts or as suppliers.

I still remember how our politicians didn't wanted use of COMPUTERS in bank and other industries fearing that will cost "Garib's" Job getting replaced....I hope they don't act in the same way this time....

Thats communists and they were also against tractors and auto rickshaws when they were first introduced in India.

Possibly.......
But most probably, due to small retailers only serving a small area and giving personalised service, they will not be much effected. Even now living in Delhi, I get most of monthly items from the super market, and the daily items like bread, eggs and stuff that's running low from the local shop......
This will affect the small guys, but they will be most probably absorbed back into the chain as employees in big marts or as suppliers.

Kirana shops gives goods on credit..MNCs cannot do that.

Taina Erajuuri, fund manager, FIM asset management, Helsinki, said, “This is a great news. I have been waiting for a long time and I had almost given up. Foreign investors were getting fed up with India because nothing was happening there. People would now feel more comfortable to see at least some of the reforms measures going through.”

Reuters

Industry welcomes govt’s FDI move | Firstpost

A bold new step in the right direction. Add to this FDI move is the removal of diesel subsidy. Hopefully will revive the sagging economy

Small retailers will stay if they play the game well. Wall Mart had to withdraw from germany due to losses.

Kirana shops gives goods on credit..MNCs cannot do that.
Exactly:agree:
Small shops have their own Market Space and the Super Marts have their own........
But some people(read Mamata Banerjee) just have to create trouble....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom