What's new

Indian Invasion of Pakistani Media

that is disgraceful if they done that.

by the way there has to be some music festival or some sort or she gets an invite from say Mehdi Hassan or female singers of her age. most of ours are sadly dead like Malk Pakhraj and Noor Jahan our artists are the key to bring us closer.normally the pakistani artists go to India to make it big
because well there is just no contest there. the exposure, experience and career progression is unparalleled. whereas the visits to Pakistan are mostly on personal invites or fund raisings.. Indian artists have been generous to the calls of Imran Khan in the past.

but I must say, even during Zia era and then later on during Nawaz and Benazir era, the Indian top artists have been state guests (re movies or finding their roots, Kapoors went to Peshawar).

I guess due to current hostilities and all this war on terror there has been tit for tat reactions from either side, e.g. Nusrat Ali was banned from coming back to India (allegedly) by Bal Thakery for singing a song over the suffering of Kashmiris.

during 80s and 90s, PTV dramas were very famous because of strong storylines and well Indian movies have been and still are liked in pakistan as there is no competition there. re tv with the flooding of so many channels I dont see much distinction now.

there is a swamping of our actors and actresses on either side in dramas. I think this trend must be celebrated rather than fawned upon.

xenophobia is a natural animal instinct and not just a Pakistani trait mind you,
it cant be helped. but if the Pakistani artists and models in the same field up their game then the advertisers will switch to them too

its nothing personal, they got to make their brand appealing with the endorsement of the top Gals and guys.

It's a bit cheesy post. but what did you mean banned by Bal Thackeray?

Do you know the definition of Xenophobia? if yes, think for a second if that term is valid here.

I can see a lot of things in there but let's not dissect each other's words

I think even Indians will agree that most of the Indian media is full of cheap reality shows, stupid drama serials full of stupid sound effects and extra dramatic news channels ... What surprises me is the success of some completely crap Bollywood movies .. goes to show the standard of audience ... I personally was a big fan of Bollywood movies but i hardly watch any these days ... Ad industry of India is much better and much more creative than Pakistan ..

Lately we have been seeing all of that crap in Pakistani media too ... NOOOOO we cant just use remote controls ... Pakistani broadcasting authority has to take strict steps ... It needs a complete overhaul ... we already have enough crap with these cheap cable channels, effing stage dramas, mujras, lollywood etc .... Regular channels like ARY, GEO should be strictly monitored ... They are watched nationwide and we must understand that media has a very significant impact on youth ... PTV also needs to provide a better alternative ... Youth wont watch politics and farmers talk all day ...

Why the EFFF are we being shown "BIG BOSS" in Pakistan ????

I think even Indians will agree that most of the Indian media is full of cheap reality shows, stupid drama serials full of stupid sound effects and extra dramatic news channels ... What surprises me is the success of some completely crap Bollywood movies .. goes to show the standard of audience ... I personally was a big fan of Bollywood movies but i hardly watch any these days ... Ad industry of India is much better and much more creative than Pakistan ..

Lately we have been seeing all of that crap in Pakistani media too ... NOOOOO we cant just use remote controls ... Pakistani broadcasting authority has to take strict steps ... It needs a complete overhaul ... we already have enough crap with these cheap cable channels, effing stage dramas, mujras, lollywood etc .... Regular channels like ARY, GEO should be strictly monitored ... They are watched nationwide and we must understand that media has a very significant impact on youth ... PTV also needs to provide a better alternative ... Youth wont watch politics and farmers talk all day ...

Yeah, there's a lot of **** there but unfortunately, the programs that are worth watching , you people don't get there.

^^
O man, If you don't like it don't watch it.. And why would Indians be pushing their adverts down your throat when most of the Indian products would not be even legally available in Pakistan..

You left watching Bollywood movies at a really wrong time, mate.

Bollywood is really starting to produce some fine cinema of late.

As far as reality shows are concerned, you always have the option of switching the channels.

India has nothing to do with this so called "Indian Invasion". Pakistani media channels would not air Indian content if their customers did not like it. If certain Pakistani's have a liking for Bollywood, then they probably have their own reasons for it and aren't harming anyone in doing so. If you say that Pakistan's own media production industry will suffer, then you are simply accepting the fact that Pakistani industry is not good enough and Pakistani people are looking elsewhere. It is not really fair to deny people their choice to watch Indian content if they like it. However, it would be more sensible to ban if Indian content was despised among the masses and was still being aired for a very small market, which is not the case.

In India, we do not really care where the content comes from if we enjoy it. Talented Pakistani musicians and good Pakistani movies have been pretty successful. India can ban Pakistani channels and get away with it because there is no demand for them and we are pretty much overflowing with bollywood/other Indian content.

Sorry for the late reply. :angry:

I was about to post my second comment here meanwhile my elder brother came to me and said "i want to download a song of Richa sharma, please get a side". :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Arrey, what is SO HARD in creating ANOTHER THREAD and discussing it there?!?! Sarey thread TROLL kar key rakdia! :disagree:

Mods, if you could please, create a duplicate thread, and move all the "discussion" over there please? Thank you!

Here are THREE DIFFERENT Indian Dove Shampoo ads being / have-been broadcast on PAKISTANI channels:

Last edited by a moderator:

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
I am wondering… We are sitting in our computer and commenting on what should be shown or not shown.We see the world through our limited vision and expect the world to see it through our narrow vision. As if, we are always right and everyone else is wrong. The market forces of demand and supply decides it.Public is driven by content and the fact is that on average indian content is much superior than pakistani tv content consequently there is a demand in Pakistan for Indian channels.Does India make you sit on the ground and tie you down and watch these channels ?

would like to ask a simple question . are these products you see being advertised available in Pakistan????

if yes then where the problem? people just want to market their products . if not then i fail to see why your channels are airing these adds.

Back
Top Bottom