What's new

Indian investments in Iran and what it means for us?

India and Iran will be the only major players in Afghanistan

Pakistani influence in Afghanistan or vice versa transcends a few trade routes here and there. Millions of Pashtuns spread across the border, hundreds of years of living together and historical communication lines between Central Asia and Subcontinent via Khyber pass can not be pushed into insignificance by a port which is still a distant dream. The nations of Pakistan and Afghanistan, for good or worse, are culturally, socially and economically intertwined and any thought otherwise is ludicrous at best. So good luck "reducing" Pakistani influence in Afghanistan.

But you're Indian so you may go go deluding yourself with whatever makes you happy.

hmmmmmmmmm. Iran will support Pakistan whatever india is doing there. Iran is our Brother. simple.

but govt of Pakistan must finish the enemies of Iran who are attacking Iran......

Referring to concerns showed by OP. Plus It's not like India's trade with Afghanistan is a lot that it will in some way affect us. Gwadar is relevant to many countries, many have showed interest in investing in it. Long way to go.
Point is India is not making a naval base of something, nothing to worry about-referring to the OP.
why we need base in Iran when we are so closed to Gawadar and Chabahar ....unlike China need one..a base in a sovereignt country called Pakistan.

Pakistani influence in Afghanistan or vice versa transcends a few trade routes here and there. Millions of Pashtuns spread across the border, hundreds of years of living together and historical communication lines between Central Asia and Subcontinent via Khyber pass can not be pushed into insignificance by a port which is still a distant dream. The nations of Pakistan and Afghanistan, for good or worse, are culturally, socially and economically intertwined and any thought otherwise is ludicrous at best. So good luck "reducing" Pakistani influence in Afghanistan.

But you're Indian so you may go go deluding yourself with whatever makes you happy.

:sleep:

Dear, my friend.....I think you're not taking many other factors into the account......Iam unable to find Video of Gen Musharraf to backup my claim in which he is explaining how Indians dealt with Pakistani Traders, they stop Laden Trucks at border and asked them to shift all Goods to Indian Truck bcoz Pak Trucks are not allowed to wander in Indian Cities, then they were forced to hire Indian Masons to Unload Pak Truck to shift all goods one by one (infront of Indian sentry guards).
I understand you still deny height of disrespect Pakistani traders received at the hands of Border Guards, but that was the main cause Pakistani trader Union unanimously agreed to evade future dealing with india
There is a famous saying in Urdu...."Sari Shaitaniat tafseelat ma hooti hain"
Just giving MFN status is not enough :devil:....details of MFN clauses matters

Isn't it the same with indian trucks too ?? even they are not allowed in to pak.. at the wagah border trucks from both sides unload there goods and transfer them to the trucks of other countries.. that is how trade is happening b/w both the countries at border.. so again dnt blame us...

Won't last much longer. Pinch in Israel too. India will have to choose one path. You know and i know neutral gear isn't going to work on this. (My views)
your thoughts.
Highly hypothetical. Not much to contribute here.
Three points :

1. Nothing in this World is permanent. Everything is subject to change and that is the law of nature. What matters is, how to adapt to the change, and further more important than that, your ability to understand the change.

2. Nation-state is relatively a new concept. When it comes to country-to-country relations, it would be foolish to assume that it's basis is 'friendship'. Relations are built based on mutual benefits. That's how one should perceive it.

3. There is a huge difference between bureaucratic level of negotiations and business delegations.

Now, as I said, relationships are based on mutual benefits. Nobody cares what is your nationalistic agenda. Progressive thinking people are perfectly happy to interact with you, as long as there is a benefit in that. Nobody is going to ask you what you do at your home as long as you have something to contribute. That's the nature of relationships across the World, take the example of KSA and USA.

About an year back, I had an opportunity to go to Tehran as a part of FICCI delegation. I was the youngest member there. All the discussions that happened were centered around trade and profit margins. Nobody gave a damn about KSA or USA or Russia etc. etc. , straight down to business.
Now, if someone there had been stupid enough to talk about Shia and Sunni and why India has relations with both sects, then he would have been served accordingly, no questions about that. It's just that sensible and experienced people have the ability to set aside these differences and work together for the sake of greater good.

Hope you get the drift :)

Highly hypothetical. Not much to contribute here.
Three points :

1. Nothing in this World is permanent. Everything is subject to change and that is the law of nature. What matters is, how to adapt to the change, and further more important than that, your ability to understand the change.

2. Nation-state is relatively a new concept. When it comes to country-to-country relations, it would be foolish to assume that it's basis is 'friendship'. Relations are built based on mutual benefits. That's how one should perceive it.

3. There is a huge difference between bureaucratic level of negotiations and business delegations.

Now, as I said, relationships are based on mutual benefits. Nobody cares what is your nationalistic agenda. Progressive thinking people are perfectly happy to interact with you, as long as there is a benefit in that. Nobody is going to ask you what you do at your home as long as you have something to contribute. That's the nature of relationships across the World, take the example of KSA and USA.

About an year back, I had an opportunity to go to Tehran as a part of FICCI delegation. I was the youngest member there. All the discussions that happened were centered around trade and profit margins. Nobody gave a damn about KSA or USA or Russia etc. etc. , straight down to business.
Now, if someone there had been stupid enough to talk about Shia and Sunni and why India has relations with both sects, then he would have been served accordingly, no questions about that. It's just that sensible and experienced people have the ability to set aside these differences and work together for the sake of greater good.

Hope you get the drift :)
Well said.
have a good day.

Won't last much longer. Pinch in Israel too. India will have to choose one path. You know and i know neutral gear isn't going to work on this. (My views)
your thoughts.
Saudi and Iran know about India and Israel friendship...still they are good friend of India

Isn't it the same with indian trucks too ?? even they are not allowed in to pak.. at the wagah border trucks from both sides unload there goods and transfer them to the trucks of other countries.. that is how trade is happening b/w both the countries at border.. so again dnt blame us...
Point 1) we've not awarded MFN to India....so no point of Indian truck enter in Pak territory
Point 2) If you've given MFN to pakistan....then open your heart ... kick start trade to build momentum....Trust our Truck Drivers...If anything happens bad....do execute your Veto power.....But that state of mind in first Place appear implausible

Point 1) we've not awarded MFN to India....so no point of Indian truck enter in Pak territory
Point 2) If you've given MFN to pakistan....then open your heart ... kick start trade to build momentum....Trust our Truck Drivers...If anything happens bad....do execute your Veto power.....But that state of mind in first Place appear implausible

how does MFN got anything to do with allowing your trucks in to India ?? :o::o:

hmmmmmmmmm. Iran will support Pakistan whatever india is doing there. Iran is our Brother. simple.

but govt of Pakistan must finish the enemies of Iran who are attacking Iran......

then ask your brethren here to stop bitching about Indian access to iranian port.

What is ur probleum cant see pak progrssive it is in ur blood u r the people who never let asia become ecnomical power sometimes u stand against us sometimes china mayanmar ur issue us u r arrogant in nature which dont suits u being tiny front of china who bashes u every day with any field go do ud work in chabhar mark my words it will benefit iran not u but gwadar is reality most of world do bussiness with china airbus addidas etc all put their facilities to china not in india and iran so stop being stupid rafale jet makers said we dont give gurantees of indian made rafale jets becoz poor manpower of india it is ur marketing u pay trillions for make in india but in reality it is nothing even usa making fool of u just to sell military equipment but they dont sell u civil nuke tech so stop being stupid

You are No.1 stupid in this forum, so many pakistani's. You are talking as if pakistan is very much interest of having india progress ha.Is china your new daddy that you people bring every subject like china is like this, china is that blah blah ? I have seen many chinese post blaming pakistan that your country is at the mercy of china and you have to stand your own feet.

This is the latest news and every MNC's in the world eyeing indian market and like JV's with indian companies

Bharat calling: Foreign firms queue up for JVs under 'Make in India' initiative

No body don't care to pakistan and time will tell that, after china your country have to find a new daddy !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom