What's new

Indian investments in Iran and what it means for us?

C
Strange logic. I am just changing the country names in the same argument. Just see how it looks-

"Are we asking any different from you (China), india Pakistan is our mortal enemy, we have countered them in Bangladesh/Kashmir and you are using *** ( unauthorized encroachment by Pakistan) for Gwadar route and expecting India not to act" It would have been a Ridiculous statement if given by an Indian to China---isn't it?

But moral of the story is if you reserve the right to "act" against Chabahar port, you should remember that the right to act against Gwadar port will also be evaluated by both of your eastern and western neighbors :angel:. Please do not forget that three of your neighbors India, Iran and Afghan have strong strategic interest in Chabahar port.

Now more seriously, I believe personally that India, China, Afghan , Iran , Russia should form a common economic block with all transit facility among themselves. This will be game changer in global chess board and will be immensely beneficial to the participating nations

But this will never happen due to Pak Army. I am now quite sure that any prosperity of Pakistan through economic activities ( not through aid) is not in favor of current hegemony of Pak army and landlord nexus and they will prevent it at any cost. Forming a strong Business class lobby will be against their hegemonic interest.

China?????

We share historic and religious connections with iran

We have just resisted immense pressure and refused yo join a anti iran coalition, that would all be for nothing if iran turns around and helps our enemy

We wish iran the best this isnt against iran, this is against india

Gwader must and will be protected but we expect India to work to harm it this is why a offensice strategy is important and why iran is effecting our national security by allowing india accesz to chabahar

We csn make hell for any india transit ior interests in Afghanistan but we need iean to consider our security against our enemy like we considered theirs

Ah, Sometimes I think like BANYA :p:
so in a way you agree the onli thing thats disturbing pakistani establishment about future prospects of indo iranina coopration is why punjabi pakistanies dont have any good trading opportunity like baloochies who have gawadar while pakhtoons have khyber and sindhies and mohajirs have karachi to trade are you not talking anty "nazaria e pakistan" :astagh:

so in a way you agree the onli thing thats disturbing pakistani establishment about future prospects of indo iranina coopration is why punjabi pakistanies dont have any good trading opportunity like baloochies who have gawadar while pakhtoons have khyber and sindhies and mohajirs have karachi to trade are you not talking anty "nazaria e pakistan" :astagh:
Jo Khain Aap ki "KARISHMA-SAZI".....:angel:
If you're not trolling and serious to get my answer....before 1965 war, we're trading via Wahgah Border, its after War we stopped trading with India otherwise its not against our concept of Pakistan

Jo Khain Aap ki "KARISHMA-SAZI".....:angel:
If you're not trolling and serious to get my answer....before 1965 war, we're trading via Wahgah Border, its after War we stopped trading with India otherwise its not against our concept of Pakistan
its not important what happned in past its important what you are planning now and intend to do in future as that will decide the fate of your nation .... if you know what i mean SIR :D

Iran would never allow an Indian naval base to exists within its territorial waters, because the geopolitical dynamics would alter drastically where Pakistan would be forced to take counter-measuring policies. The Indians on this thread have articulated on the conjecture that Chabahar port would create a hypothetical scenario of neutralizing the influence of Pakistan on Afghanistan. However this delusional fantasy holds no water, because the Taliban are the real rulers of Afghanistan who are internally controlled by the Pakistani intelligence services and this is evidently proven since the puppet regime in Kabul is forced to negotiate peace talks in Pakistan with there arch enemy. In essence Indian investment and products will become useless in Afghanistan because their transit trucks will simply be torched alight and the situation would be vastly different once America fully leaves. Remember 80% of NATO suppliers were delivered through Pakistan and the Indians found it bemusing how the Pakistani Army failed to stop a few cases of stolen or torched vehicles from TTP miscreants. Imagine the same scenario being played out in Afghanistan, where Indian goods must go through hostile regions where drug barons, Taliban and various warlords would love dabble in ransacking and looting precious Indian goods.

Furthermore, the Obama administration has accepted the recent proposal of lifting sanctions on Iran, hoping that the relationship between the two states would normalize. However, lets be realistic this is Obama's last term in office and thus in the next Presidential Election if candidates wish to be funded in their political campaign, then they will most certainly discourage any American investment due to Israeli pressure and lobbying power within the circles of Washington.

Whole talk about naval base started from one troll post. Just give it a rest for **** sake.

I am looking for a response from Iranian members on this post:

I have read an article today where it is becoming clear Iran may lease chabahar port to India. This could re awaken memories of some negative actions of the shah against Pakistan. Personally I have a favorable view of Iran as it was the first country to accept our independence. Second is the fact that it has a pro muslim outlook which we also look gladly upon.

But Iran must think twice about developing such relations with India.

It will become difficult for Pakistanis like me to build a more favourable view of Iran among my countrymen. Plus Iran for long has promoted an anti Israel, pro Muslim policy and that is why its support to Hezbollah and Hamas often has peoples sympathy. But aligning with a country like India which has proven to be thirsty for muslim blood, a reason my people had to escape lucknow and continues to murder innocent kashmiris may destroy this Iranian reputation.

Also the cross border raids and Americas closeness to Pakistan could perhaps be the reasons for this knee jerk reaction. Let me explain both. Cross border raids are done by militants, not our army, nor our government. They are done by elements which are not even fractionally under our control. Daily Pakistanis die in acts of terror. Rare attacks against Iran by militants must be seen in perspective, these are elements we cannot control, no one can control in fact. So why are these attacks raising such a hue and cry. True we are failing to stop militancy but is it not obvious we are suffering much worse.

Second point, our relations with USA. These are temporary. Soon Pakistanis will realize the traitorous mindset of the Americans. We were already betrayed after we beat the Soviets for them under the Presler Amendment. Pakistan has also strongly supported Kashmir and Palestinian causes as well. It is unfortunate our foreign policy is controlled decisively by relations with US but again these are temporary.

Also do note India is close to Israel-has bought many weapons systems from them and an illegal nuclear state-true with backing from the west but still a state that used peaceful technology in 1974 to build a bomb.

I fear with relations with India, Iran's pro muslim policy may crumble.

Point 1) we've not awarded MFN to India....so no point of Indian truck enter in Pak territory
Point 2) If you've given MFN to pakistan....then open your heart ... kick start trade to build momentum....Trust our Truck Drivers...If anything happens bad....do execute your Veto power.....But that state of mind in first Place appear implausible

I think you are completely confusing different issues. MFN has nothing to do with Pakistani trucks going inside India. The issue of transit was part of an agreement offered up in SAARC so that people could do just that - Pakistani trucks in India, through India to BD, Nepal etc. Pakistan didn't want to offer India transit to Afghanistan, so blocked the deal. It was the only country to oppose the deal & was instrumental in other countries creating a sub-grouping of BBIN (Bhutan, Bangladesh, India & Nepal) where such transit will now take place.

Little to do with Pak. Our relations with Iran are mostly concerning our economy and fuel security and not military. We have plenty of other options for the latter.

Also, considering that Iran's constitution forbids any foreign bases, unless there is a constitutional change, that's an entirely irrelevant point. No one really predict the future but for now, nothing such as that is on the cards.

However, this will only boost India's and Iran's economic growth. That can be negative for Pak.

I am looking for a response from Iranian members on this post:

Not an Iranian obviously, but those are same tired arguments. Not sure what are you really looking for.

No Islamic nation except yours has a problem with India and we have a huge Muslim population. That childish propaganda of 'thirsty for muslim blood' is entirely pathetic. Just compare the number of Muslims killed in Pak and India post Godhra and include that incident.

Next, the cry of we are victims of terror has failed multiple times. You are victims of terror you yourself created. The links of these outfits to your security establishment are well known.

The point about US controlling your foreign policy is incoherent at best. Iran has clearly demonstrated their policy is not dictated by the US, so I see no relevance.

Israel is no more an 'illegal' nuclear state that Pak. India buys weapons from US and Russia, learn to be adults.

As I said earlier, considering the huge Muslim population in India and teh fact that we have no problems with any Islamic state save Pak, its comical to assert that good relations with India will harm any pro-Muslim image of Iran.

I think you are completely confusing different issues. MFN has nothing to do with Pakistani trucks going inside India. The issue of transit was part of an agreement offered up in SAARC so that people could do just that - Pakistani trucks in India, through India to BD, Nepal etc. Pakistan didn't want to offer India transit to Afghanistan, so blocked the deal. It was the only country to oppose the deal & was instrumental in other countries creating a sub-grouping of BBIN (Bhutan, Bangladesh, India & Nepal) where such transit will now take place.
Dear, You're frowning us again....same point i discussed above....Read Post 104,121
Who'll take the Initiative? Big Guys (most probably) ....Once Dictum is Established by Bigger Guy then other smaller guy will peddle the trade.....We are not demanding India to invest 46$ billion in Pakistan like china favoring us
In this case scenario India is a Big Guy so you take all the pain of Trade Inauguration and incentives like Truck drivers to roam freely in Indian City. Its not hard to drill logic....why on earth 7 times smaller country take all the Pain after having a huge trust deficit??
If India wont feel good in allowing our Trucks to roam freely in india then there is no need to award MFN status to earn sympathy points to make themselves feel better, We naturally compare India with China, If your Heart is so narrow to allow few trucks to enter India then how on earth we feel Elated to award you same status like China ....compare the amount of sacrifice and care with pile of Mistrust / enmity and decide yourself??

Last edited:
You amaze me. Pakistanis view Iran most favorably in the world. Why would we want to attack Iran. Read the OP in this thread. Will help you with the history. Iran and Pakistan- Prospects of future relations after the nuke deal
Iran view's Pakistan favorably and feeling is mutual. Did you really think Iran hated us and we hated them back. LOL
@Daneshmand , will help.
Why do u think only you can amaze others and have fan ? Some time I does it too ;) And I don't think you have good relationship with Iran either . It depends on what you think as good relationship . If you had one there won't be such big development like chabahar port taking place when you you sell off your nation to the Chinese for gwadar port project . India literally opened an another front towards Pakistan. Don't you think Chabahar is a gwadar port killer ? Wonder why u dint if you dint

I can claim similar type of Reaction from your side...with supporting Newspaper Links....but that will further lead to another Pandora box discussion of who is bigger Evil...I think we should be succinct in our discussion

Dear, my friend.....I think you're not taking many other factors into the account......Iam unable to find Video of Gen Musharraf to backup my claim in which he is explaining how Indians dealt with Pakistani Traders, they stop Laden Trucks at border and asked them to shift all Goods to Indian Truck bcoz Pak Trucks are not allowed to wander in Indian Cities, then they were forced to hire Indian Masons to Unload Pak Truck to shift all goods one by one (infront of Indian sentry guards).
I understand you still deny height of disrespect Pakistani traders received at the hands of Border Guards, but that was the main cause Pakistani trader Union unanimously agreed to evade future dealing with india
There is a famous saying in Urdu... (Evil lies in Detail)
Just giving MFN status is not enough :devil:....details of MFN clauses matters

No Loss of Veto....India already have access to Russia/Central Asia by Sea since the Universe came into being...We're debating on Cheapest Hassle-free trade Route

What the he'll ? Why India should take the blame for ur army's mistaken identity crisis ? Did Pakistan gave MNS status to India ? Why u dint give ? Your civilian govt came close to but your army destroyed it till today . Your army will take Pakistanis to their new low mark my words . Nawz know good relations with India will improve Pakistanis economy from ground level it's more beneficial than Chinese white collar investment benefits

Whole talk about naval base started from one troll post. Just give it a rest for **** sake.
It's really embarrassing from Indian point of view too . We have lots in terms of investment business apart from one tiny port

It means Pakistan can also benefit from the port. That's about it. Anything else i.e. India will have a naval base, assets is pure madness and something the Islamic republic would never allow.

You are missing a huge development. In simple terms it's like opening another shop right opposite to urs . Point if Chinese base the asserts at gwadar India will place it's in chabahar in the name of protecting or investment .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom