What's new

Indian IT company hires 2000 in Sri Lanka

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojb

Reaction score
Country
India
IT services provider Mphasis on Wednesday said it will open a centre in Sri Lanka [ Images ] by the middle of next year, for which it will hire 2,000 people.

MphasiS Sri Lanka, a fully-owned subsidiary of the Mphasis Group, would be operational by the middle of 2010 and will start work with 500 people, MphasiS said in a statement.

This number will be increased to 2,000 over the next three years and the centre will provide applications, BPO and ITO services to clients globally, it added. The company, however, declined to comment on the investment details.

"Sri Lanka offers rich a talent base that will allow us to serve our global clients. MphasiS' investment in the country fuels our growth into emerging destinations for IT outsourcing," MphasiS chief corporate development officer Dinesh Venugopal said.

MphasiS, the seventh largest IT services firm in India [ Images ], has more than 34,000 employees. It has a presence across India, Singapore, China, Japan [ Images ], Europe, North America and Australia [ Images ].

"MphasiS establishing a presence in the country is an example of BOI strengthening Sri Lanka's IT landscape to partner with a foreign investor," Board of Investment (BOI) of Sri Lanka Director General Dhammika Pereira said.

IT services provider Mphasis on Wednesday said it will open a centre in Sri Lanka [ Images ] by the middle of next year, for which it will hire 2,000 people.

MphasiS Sri Lanka, a fully-owned subsidiary of the Mphasis Group, would be operational by the middle of 2010 and will start work with 500 people, MphasiS said in a statement.

This number will be increased to 2,000 over the next three years and the centre will provide applications, BPO and ITO services to clients globally, it added. The company, however, declined to comment on the investment details.

"Sri Lanka offers rich a talent base that will allow us to serve our global clients. MphasiS' investment in the country fuels our growth into emerging destinations for IT outsourcing," MphasiS chief corporate development officer Dinesh Venugopal said.

MphasiS, the seventh largest IT services firm in India [ Images ], has more than 34,000 employees. It has a presence across India, Singapore, China, Japan [ Images ], Europe, North America and Australia [ Images ].

"MphasiS establishing a presence in the country is an example of BOI strengthening Sri Lanka's IT landscape to partner with a foreign investor," Board of Investment (BOI) of Sri Lanka Director General Dhammika Pereira said.

Good news. Got friends in MphasiS in B'lore, nice company ethos.

:smokin:

india has IT companies? what a huge joke.

let me give you a quick example:

Tecent's QQ IM software has 80 million concurrent online users during the weekdays.

Baidu's search engine indexes billions of web pages, serves hundreds of millions of queries every single day.

tell me what india can do? Java/C#? what a huge joke.

Tecent's QQ IM software has 80 million concurrent online users during the weekdays.

Baidu's search engine indexes billions of web pages, serves hundreds of millions of queries every single day.

If you dont have any idea about a topic on hand, its better to shut up, least others become convinced about ones stupidity! Those softwares you talk about are used only by the mainland Chinese and that too only because they make use of Chinese characters easy for majority of the Chinese whose English skills are legendary! Nothing new. You'd be surprised, if you cared to search properly, how many native language softwares are in use in India, developed on open source platforms (not the easy MS platform)!
Inane post!
Anyhow, this does bode well for the SL's generating jobs in a post war economy and providing much needed training for many start-ups!

Dont worry .. Indian IT companies training Chinese kids as well. :cheers: :D Indian Companies in China

If you dont have any idea about a topic on hand, its better to shut up, least others become convinced about ones stupidity! Those softwares you talk about are used only by the mainland Chinese and that too only because they make use of Chinese characters easy for majority of the Chinese whose English skills are legendary! Nothing new.

you clearly have no idea about how a "software" works and how easy it is to provide native language (Chinese in this case) support.

now how about face the fact that a large part of MSN Messenger is implemented in China?

You'd be surprised, if you cared to search properly, how many native language softwares are in use in India, developed on open source platforms (not the easy MS platform)!

:smokin: my 10 years Linux experience tells me the MS platform is much harder to program. a 10 seconds example is you don't have any parameters to worry about when invoking fork, on the other hand, CreateProcess takes 11 stupid parameters.

maybe in your home country linux/unix/solaris kind of thing is regarded as "high end", but please just keep it to yourself.

...............nvm

What a joke - Young people (less than 21 years) learn Java and C# here ( not all but most in the southern cities of India) coz most of them get placed in an IT company

And FYI every major IT company has a development center in India

If Indian IT companies are such a huge joke, then how can you explain this fact that the Chinese government actually invited an Indian IT company to start their branch in China?

hmm.. I think you are indirectly trying to claim that the CCP is dumb as they have invited these jokes to start IT companies in China! You must be a brave person to be saying something that would suggest that CCP as stupid! I hope you dont get a call from the secret service! :wave:

Ahh .. now I noticed your location ... you stay in the Aussie land!
:cheers:

P.S: Ibris, Gogbot ... I know he is probably trolling, but just having my shot if I can make him see sense.... though I am not overtly optimistic! :-)

Heck! I damn near got " Bangalored".. ok, Cisco, Motorola, Microsoft, Sun, ...that's just SOME..wake up kid!

You are an american! correct? what don't you start similar threads, when every american company hire few thousand in india! ;)

What do you mean by you near got bangalored? did you repent later..bayb?

You are an american! correct? what don't you start similar threads, when every american company hire few thousand in india! ;)

What do you mean by you near got bangalored? did you repent later..bayb?

American companies hire people worldwide all the time. I would @ the keyboard forever.No, seriously, our dataCenter could have been moved overseas. Luckily our V.P put his foot down..phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom