What's new

Indian MRCA Competition: Eliminated Aircrafts

waiting.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Blog&

i think mrca will be gifted to obama during his visit or they may get surety.also with nuclear agreement.manmohan's mind is half american.

Sometimes I thnk we are making too much of this single deal... Its a $1.4 billion dollars per year. Is that really that large compared to annual budget of $12 billion capital expenditure that Indian military has??

i think mrca will be gifted to obama during his visit or they may get surety.also with nuclear agreement.manmohan's mind is half american.

the super hornet is not that bad... but we seriously should be thinking before taking any favors from the us...they have the tendency to be a pain in the *** after selling good to non allied nations..:hitwall:

each and every fighter in that competition is deadly and capable. so we dont really 'lose' by picking any. I am at that point where i just want to see a result, even if the MoD has to use the 'ini mini miney mo' method! :sick:

i just hope we make a decision quick. our fleet needs modernisation, and we need it fast. PAF is getting JF-17 and F-16. And lets not even go on about the PLAAF.

Looks like our friend Srilankan got famous for his post .

Brazilian defence blog quoted defence.pk and this thread in their news about MRCA

Link - MMRCA: só mais um chute? | Poder Aéreo - Informação e Discussão sobre Aviação Militar e Civil

Capture.png

Never thought people from Brazil would be visiting defence.pk for MRCA news .

Thanks for sharing the link sir.

I didnt know South Americans knew so much about our Air Force..and one guy even called our Air Force "among the most respected and definitely the most coolest"

The Eurofighter was always a partnership between various countries, India knew this already when the tender invite was sent out so why questions being raised now? does not make any sense to me when India will be invited to be a partner in the program just like the rest.

each and every fighter in that competition is deadly and capable. so we dont really 'lose' by picking any. I am at that point where i just want to see a result, even if the MoD has to use the 'ini mini miney mo' method! :sick:

i just hope we make a decision quick. our fleet needs modernisation, and we need it fast. PAF is getting JF-17 and F-16. And lets not even go on about the PLAAF.

I also don't want further delays, but the decision should be taken wisely, because it's about a lot of money and we could get very much in return, besides the fighter itself.
PAF is not really a reason to worry, because their F16 and JF 17 hardly match even our Mig 29, Mirage and MKIs, be it in capability, or numbers. PLAAF, or China in general is the aim when it comes to MMRCA. To be able to strike targets behind the border, as well to supplement MKI in countering PLAAFs numbers. That's also why most of the MMRCAs will be placed towards China and not Pakistan.
So if we buy a fighter that will serve for 30 years at least and has China in aim, it should offer the potential to be capable against them in future too, but that is something that I don't see at all contenders.

The Eurofighter was always a partnership between various countries, India knew this already when the tender invite was sent out so why questions being raised now? does not make any sense to me when India will be invited to be a partner in the program just like the rest.

Two corrections! The EF was never invited to the competition, they wanted to join when Mirage 2000-5 was replaced by Rafale and F18SH wanted to join too. IAF initially wanted just a fast and easy replacement for Mig 21s and the EF would have been too much for that reason only. However, many things changed from the initial competition, now the chances for twin engine Rafale, or F18SH seems to be pretty good.
Secondly, the partnership offer is only for the production of avionics, not an equal partnership! That was confirmed from EADS officials, so India will only be a cheap production hub and fund some new capabilities, but don't have any influence in the project, or further developments.

i hope india goes for F 18 hornet it will be good for pakistan because it can be easily countered than EF

even if its prediction by Sri Lankan..I tend to blive the news about f18 Sh might be true..in many ways , this aircraft has a very strong chance to be selected.

my prediction both EF typhoon in large no and super hornet in lesser no. (its not just a great fighter but dont forget the intense lobbying by the american big shots )

PAF is not really a reason to worry, because their F16 and JF 17 hardly match even our Mig 29, Mirage and MKIs

PAF is surely not a reason to worry to only peoples lyk you, who know nothing, but PAF is a reason to worry to Indian govt and Indian Air Force, thats why they cry infront USA/ Russian/ France, to cancel defence deals with pakistan....indian govt surely know PAF better then u.......:azn:

PAF is surely not a reason to worry to only peoples lyk you, who know nothing, but PAF is a reason to worry to Indian govt and Indian Air Force, thats why they cry infront USA/ Russian/ France, to cancel defence deals with pakistan....indian govt surely know PAF better then u.......:azn:

Bhai......don't get so emotional.......its just diplomacy at work.

Request for cancelling defence deal with Pakistan is to ensure they do not deal with Pakistan.....it does't mean much........

Hi Hasnain2009

First of all, you should have quoted the whole sentence to understand what I meant:

..., be it in capability, or numbers.

I didn't had the intention to downgrade PAF, just pointed out the facts, that IAF has an edge in the metioned terms, which are hardly deniable.

Secondly, that was even based on moves and statements of IAF, like moving all Mig 29 to the north western borders, placing less MKI and in future also less MMRCA squads towards Pakistan, but mainly towards China... IAF clearly sees the main threat in China and that's why all new major arms are aimed on countering China, including MMRCA, with less focus on PAF/Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom