What's new

Indian Muslims are patriots: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh

I'm born and brought up in Lucknow. It has been 27 years since. Indian government doesn't give visas for that long a period to Pakistanis, unless your parents lived here illegally which again many Pakistanis are notorious for.

M parents hd indian passports but they did not believe in a unified india. There. My mother spent more years than you in Lucknow though not my father, didn't realize you were this old. Anyway who cares? This thread is pointless. Most muslims have indeed been integrated so this is only self assurance that muslims left in India mostly or some are loyal to said state.

What I know is that we Lucknowites though and UP muslims 90%+ of us voted for the All India Muslim League which had it in mind to create a Pakistan. I will never forget this history and I respect other muslims left there who don't either.

Nations may accept other religions, but you gave a false example saying Hinduism was something not original to Indonesia and Malaysia but an imported concept which is not true since there is nothing before Hinduism there.

They do not become part of the civilization if they adopt a religion which is at variance with the existing civilization. Which is how nothing of Egypt today is similar to what was ancient Egypt. That civilization is gone. Today Egypt is an Arabic Islamic state with just token vestigial remnant of that old civilization in its archaeological digs. In contrast, Hinduism molds the civilization in India even today as it did in the past and is unbroken from its past. There is nothing Islamic about Indian culture. Indian culture remains Hindu. Yes the Muslims of India do follow the Hindu culture to a large extent.

How much old is Indian civilization ? Bhagwat Gita was composed 5,151 - 5,153 years ago. Rajendra Chola I era was in 1014 CE before that from 3rd century it was Kingdom of Srivijaya.

All the great civilizations are combination of nations. Egyptians are still dwelling in thier own lands even when they have adopted Islam or Christianity. Nations makes civilizations and we can find the practices of any nation even when religion is adopted.

children and women were killed in kalinga war ! adn this was words of ashoka after war !

What have I done? If this is a victory, what's a defeat then? Is this a victory or a defeat? Is this justice or injustice? Is it gallantry or a rout? Is it valor to kill innocent children and women? Did I do it to widen the empire and for prosperity or to destroy the other's kingdom and splendor? One has lost her husband, someone else a father, someone a child, someone an unborn infant.... What's this debris of the corpses? Are these marks of victory or defeat? Are these vultures, crows, eagles the messengers of death or evil?

and this words of tipu sultan after campaign at travancore
"Your two letters, with the enclosed memorandums of the Nâimâ (Nair) captives, have been received. You did right in causing a hundred and thirty-five of them to be circumcised, and in putting eleven of the youngest of these into the Usud Ilhye band, and the remaining ninety-four into the Ahmedy troops, consigning the whole, at the same time, to the charge of the Kiladar ofNugr (Bednore).

you are comparing deaths to circumcision??

you take religion far too seriously... for you, change ( even for the better ) is a result worse than death.

you are no atheist, like i have said before.

it was people like you who imposed on motilal nehru to purify himself by drinking diluted cow-dung to do "shuddhi" ( purification ) after he returned from the "evil foreign lands" from his barrister studies.

There were no women or children killed in Kalinga war. It was death on battle field of only soldiers. Do not try to pull history out of your ***. Muslim Nizams and Sultans were killing their own subjects and that is what the Razakars were doing in Hyderabad. They were not killing Hindus of some opponents nor any soldiers.
Are saying that no women and children were killed in Kalinga war? Ok this is for you....

"The Kalinga battle was bloody and left more than 100,000 soldiers and many civilians dead or deported." and Ashoka himself goes on to say "Is it valor to kill innocent children and women?"

Emperor Ashoka The Great
Kalinga War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So dude stop living in denial...

We weren't denied treatment. We were denied entry when we were visiting said relative.

There are visiting hours in Hospitals wherin one can meet patients during a Specific Time. This would been a case & again religion has nothing to do with it.

M parents hd indian passports but they did not believe in a unified india. There. My mother spent more years than you in Lucknow though not my father, didn't realize you were this old. Anyway who cares? This thread is pointless. Most muslims have indeed been integrated so this is only self assurance that muslims left in India mostly or some are loyal to said state.

What I know is that we Lucknowites though and UP muslims 90%+ of us voted for the All India Muslim League which had it in mind to create a Pakistan. I will never forget this history and I respect other muslims left there who don't either.
We've had this conversation before. I'm not interested in yoursame ol track . Its 2015 not 1947, you maybe stuck in the past, we're not. Those who didn't believe in India are not Indians, doesn't matter where their ancestors came from. Don't try to act as spokesman of Indian Muslims, you are completely opposite to what represents the Ganga Jamuni culture of Awadh. You're rightly in your place ie Pakistan.

True Statement

But no need to Bark that all the time that too Home Minister

How much old is Indian civilization ? Bhagwat Gita was composed 5,151 - 5,153 years ago. Rajendra Chola I era was in 1014 before that from 3rd century it was Kingdom of Srivijaya.

All the great civilizations are combination of nations. Egyptians are still dwelling in thier own lands even when they have adopted Islam or Christianity. Nations makes civilizations and we can find the practices of any nation even when religion is adopted.

Hinduism existed in those lands always, that is paganism which is another name for Hinduism, just like the village gods in India have nothing to do with the vedic gods but are part of Hindu tradition.

Egpytians may be dwelling in their own lands, but their current civilization has nothing to do with their older civilization. That civilization went with the pharaohs. Name one practice of the Egyptians which is from the older times?

Persians on the other hand can be said to be still holding on to their civilization and it is more of a comeback to their older tradition with their disenchantment with Islam than reconciling both.

Seriously... why the hate? What did he say wrong? This was his response to ISIS trying to recruit members here. Please understand the difference between dissing the party BJP and dissing the Government of India.
If ISIS was able to recruit a few handful muslim young men, would that mean all muslims are ISIS supporters and hence not patriotic. I am not displaying any hate for our Home Minister but such certifications are unwarranted. It reflects the fundamentalist mindset that only hindus are patriotic in India and others need to prove it by not joining ISIS or sacrificing life in Indo-Pak war. The statement of HM is insensitive towards muslims. Thats my personal feeling.

We've had this conversation before. I'm not interested in yoursame ol track . Its 2015 not 1947, you maybe stuck in the past, we're not. Those who didn't believe in India are not Indians, doesn't matter where their ancestors came from. Don't try to act as spokesman of Indian Muslims, you are completely opposite to what represents the Ganga Jamuni culture of Awadh. You're rightly in your place ie Pakistan.
Rightly Put ---- And this goes to the Muslims of even Somalia if they try to become the THEKEDAR of Indian Muslims let alone Our eternal enemy Pak

Are saying that no women and children were killed in Kalinga war? Ok this is for you....

"The Kalinga battle was bloody and left more than 100,000 soldiers and many civilians dead or deported." and Ashoka himself goes on to say "Is it valor to kill innocent children and women?"

Please. No history revisionism here. This is not JNU. Again from your own link:

It is said that in the aftermath of the Battle of Kalinga the Daya River at Bhubaneswar running next to the battle field turned red with the blood of the slain; more than 150,000 Kalinga warriors and about 100,000 of Ashoka's own warriors were among those slain.

"According to oral histories, a woman approached him and said, "Your actions have taken from me my father, husband, and son. Now what will I have left to live for?" Moved by these words, it is said, that he accepted/adopted Buddhism, and vowed to never take life again."

Nations may accept other religions, but you gave a false example saying Hinduism was something not original to Indonesia and Malaysia but an imported concept which is not true since there is nothing before Hinduism there.

@Indos @madokafc

can you make clear sitaram's argument??

Emperor Ashoka The Great
Kalinga War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good. I won't deny it.
but Tipus and Ghoris and Abdalis and Aurangzebs killed their own Hindu, Buddhist and Sikh civilians in peacetime and still never regretted.
Ashoka did. There is a difference that Prof. Irfan Habib mentions in his lectures...over and over again.

If ISIS was able to recruit a few handful muslim young men, would that mean all muslims are ISIS supporters and hence not patriotic. I am not displaying any hate for our Home Minister but such certifications are unwarranted. It reflects the fundamentalist mindset that only hindus are patriotic in India and others need to prove it by not joining ISIS or sacrificing life in Indo-Pak war. The statement of HM is insensitive towards muslims. Thats my personal feeling.

it would help if you are direct instead of being hesitant. :)

Back
Top Bottom