What's new

Indian Muslims want 'Ground Zero Mosque' relocated

Desiman and the so called Indian Muslim group that opposing this Islamic cultural plus Masjid are fake and cowards. We are to label them as traitor and sold out to special interest. We banned them from main stream American Muslims. :coffee:

and how gave you authority to do that... Dont tell me Allah vested that responsibility on you to decide who is Muslim and who is not. :lol:

same i meant Islamic center.... what is the point of having it when it can disrupt peace. Its mere chest thumping towards others and will create more hatred.

How is a building with swimming pool, food court, ball room, apparel stores and Masjid can disrupt peach. Do you even know the place. This street is ghost town. This street needs revive and this Islamic cultural center will revive it.

This going to be 13 stories high. 1 to 11 is to accommodate other activity while only 12 and 13 floor will be used as Masjid. This won't even look like a traditional Masjid.

Bye the way, why you Indian reluctant about this cultural center. Jealousy or what..:azn:

Last edited:
How is a building with swimming pool, food court, ball room, apparel stores and Masjid can disrupt peach. Do you even know the place. This street is ghost town. This street needs revive and this Islamic cultural center will revive it.

This going to be 13 stories high. 1 to 11 is to accommodate other activity while only 12 and 13 floor will be used as Masjid. This won't even look like a traditional Masjid.

Bye the way, why you Indian reluctant about this cultural center. jealousy or what..:azn:

Nopes but if majority of natives dont want what is the point of having it. If it does not go down well with majority of people there is no point of having it in a democratic institution. If they want it go ahead. As far as Indians of feeling jealousy of masjid give me a break.. for what reason? If there is a masjid Indian muslims will go and pray there what is the point of jealousy for Indians. It will be convenient for them but why would we be jealous. though if it disrupts peace definitely it is a problem.

Desiman and the so called Indian Muslim group that opposing this Islamic cultural plus Masjid are fake and cowards.

Thanks for confirming that you are a bigot of the highest order.
For you, its either my way or no way. You know who follows this ideology, yup extremists, terrorists and Taliban.

So now certain muslims here have taken it upon themselves to issue fatwa's on who is a real muslim and who is a fake muslims. I never knew things would deteriorate so much here on this forum, that people would be attacking each others religious identity, and that too on a defense forum.

We are to label them as traitor and sold out to special interest. We banned them from main stream American Muslims. :coffee:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Believe me, there aren't enough smilies to express the hilarity of the delusion in the above quote.

WE banned them lol, wow I never knew that you had the theka for American Muslims. So how did you ban them? please enlighten us Imam sahab.

Last edited:
And now a former Saudi Naval officer says the same thing

Cordoba House: Muslims should exercise caution - Arab News

When I arrived in New York City in the summer of 1975 to attend the State University of New York’s Maritime College after a brief vacation from my English course at Lackland Air Force Base, the first thing I did after checking at the school was to drive to Manhattan and visit the World Trade Center.

I was accompanied by two friends, my classmates Thamer Radwan (Saudi) and Abdullah Alkhojah (Libyan). The size of the two buildings was breathtaking. They looked invincible.

From that time I kept frequenting the WTC on many occasions to the point where I lost count after 20 times. Everyone in the family visited it at least four times. Last time I was there in March 2001 when I was tasked by the Saudi Royal Navy with hiring American English instructors for the navy students.

When I was in the US studying in New York (1975-1979) and later on stationed at Pensacola Naval Air Station as the Saudi Royal Navy liaison officer (1991-1995), I had been to every single state in the US. I drove on every highway and used every airport you can think of. During all that time I never had any problem praying and practicing Islam. As a matter of fact, the American people are the most admired for their respect of the Islamic religion. We prayed everywhere. In the classroom, the office, airports and in any highway exit. So Islam can be practiced anywhere without any fanfare or prestigious mosque. The US is the most tolerant country regarding building an Islamic center. But why Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf chose Ground Zero?

On Sept. 11, 2001, some terrorists not only hijacked four airplanes, but they hijacked Islam and the reputation of more than one billion Muslims and they caused total destruction of two Muslim countries (Afghanistan and Iraq).

When I watched the collapse of the World Trade Center and the rescue efforts done by the people of New York, I knew for sure that someone I know was a victim or a rescue member. Two weeks later I received an e-mail from the Maritime College Alumni Association announcing the death of two of the school graduates. One is from the class of 1963 and the other from the class of 1986 (I will not mention their names). Another very close friend of mine and from the same class (1979) left one of the burning towers 15 minutes before it collapsed. Now I am emotionally more hurt than before. Other American classmates were involved in the aftermath operation. Tug transportation, fire fighters and police force. I think I know them all.

If my memory serves me right, the Maritime College band was given the honor to sing the American national anthem at the Yankee Stadium when the baseball season started after the 9/11-attack stoppage. Even when the names of the pilots who were flying the planes before they were hijacked were announced I held my breath because some of my American classmates left the US Navy to fly with Delta, United, American airlines...etc.

In August 2005 I visited the US with my eldest son and went to Ground Zero. I could not control my tears. I remembered the victims, especially the ones who went to the same school I did. Given the size of our school, may be they used the same spoon I used or slept in the same room and slept on the same bed I slept on.

This is why I think that we Muslims have to carefully consider the place where the mosque will be built. There are a lot of mosques in Manhattan and having the mosque near Ground Zero may bring more harm to the Muslims than good. There is freedom of religion, but there is a common sense too. Yes, President Barack Obama, the mayor of New York and some of the victims’ families did not object to building the mosque, but we as Muslims have to think about the future and our ties with the majority community of that country.

The Muslim community in New York is living in peace and prosperity and has a lot of places for worship. Let us not have them encounter unneeded confrontations with the people from the great and beautiful Big Apple City.

— Abdulateef Al-Mulhim was formerly the commodore at Royal Saudi Navy. He is based in Alkhobar.

So what exactly is this Arbi's problem? the big apple will stop being the big apple? The real problem for the Arbi is that he is one an Arbi and two a Saudi, neither he nor the country whose uniform he wears have a clue as to what freedom of religion is - but that is not and ought not be the case for Muslims of the US.

Let the Arbi and his Saudi masters pursue their Wahabi vision in which none but their vision of a tyrannical, murderous, misogynous utopia can exist, let US Muslims further their expression of faith and plurality of it's experience.

Make their wish come true please relocate it to Ayodhya as replacement for Babri Mosque

Benny,

brothers in another country who are living under the threat of the gun.

You have to be kidding me right? I dont want to bring up our old Muslim presidents and celebs that are also "under the threat of the gun"..:disagree:

I feel like a lot of people call themselves Muslims, Christians, etc but really they are more nationalistics. I get that vibe in this thread.

Some people in the USA call the World Trade Center Mosque, the Muslem Grand Victory Mosque that they see as being built as a victory celebration for 911. It is being compared to the Al Aqsa Mosque which was built on the Jewish Holy Temple site in Jerusalem.

Some people in the USA call the World Trade Center Mosque, the Muslem Grand Victory Mosque that they see as being built as a victory celebration for 911. It is being compared to the Al Aqsa Mosque which was built on the Jewish Holy Temple site in Jerusalem.

Yes, they are called "dittoheads".

Well lets think about it, say the Al Aqsa Mosque was destroyed, by Jewish extremist, or some type of 911 conspiracy, and a Jewish Holy Temple was built there. Any problem.

The analogy is invalid for two reasons.

1. WTC 1-2 was primarily a commercial site, not a religious one.
2. Park51 is being built a few blocks away, not on the former site of WTC 1-2

From Park51, most people can't even see Ground Zero -- except perhaps those people with superhuman vision who can see Russian aircraft taking off while sitting in Alaska.

The analogy is invalid for two reasons.

1. WTC 1-2 was primarily a commercial site, not a religious one.
2. Park51 is being built a few blocks away, not on the former site of WTC 1-2

From Park51, most people can't even see Ground Zero -- except perhaps those people with superhuman vision who can see Russian aircraft taking off while sitting in Alaska.

After the cold blooded murder of 3000 Americans in cold blood on 911 its about as sacred or as holy as you get in the USA. and the temple mount is a pretty big place, so why not rebuild a Jewish Temple there it does not have to set on the exact spot of the present Mosque.

Back
Top Bottom