What's new

Indian Navy lieutenant's wife 'forced into wife-swapping parties'

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL this is what india is famous for, after all these rapes on foreigners and when foreign girls r 35% less so they will take out their frustration on their own women.
Well their armed forces r also indians.:rofl:

LOL this is what india is famous for, after all these rapes on foreigners and when foreign girls r 35% less so they will take out their frustration on their own women.
Well their armed forces r also indians.:rofl:

Firstly , the percentage is 25 . Secondly , at least foreign women visit India in millions. How many foreign women or even men visit Pakistan ?

Have some shame before throwing mud on others. The amount of heat , anger and frustration being vented by Pakistanis here is still amusing though not amazing after all these years on this forum.

On topic- Investigation is on . If found guilty , they will be convicted. As someone said , the armed forces have no demi-god status in India like a certain so-called nation to our West. But there is a serious chance of the wife lying about the whole thing.

Disgusting.

And whats with people here who cant hold a discussion without pointing a finger at each other? I mean why not just only discuss this news?

Too much PakVsInd crap - Attacking each others countries... :facepalm

This detailed report should provide some clues about this whole incident. ......

Wife-swap allegations buffet navy

Tossed into the seas of a tempestuous marriage, the Indian Navy is grappling with its biggest image problem after the wife of an officer alleged that it fosters a licentious environment within which careers are built.
The churning is happening in the Kochi-headquartered Southern Naval Command headed by Vice-Admiral Satish Soni, widely tipped to take over as the next chief of naval staff after the incumbent Admiral D.K. Joshi.

But the turbulence is by no means restricted to the defence establishment; it has re-ignited questions on relationships between men and women in India against the backdrop of a rash of charges of sexual harassment since the December 16 gang rape in Delhi.

At the centre of the turbulence are a lieutenant and his now-estranged wife.

Ravi Kiran from Uttarakhand is a 26-year-old marine commando, specially handpicked for the elite service, trained as a diver, flier and combat soldier in sea, land and air.

His wife, also a 26-year-old from Odisha, is no less professionally qualified. She holds a degree from IIT, Bombay, says she has worked with Morgan Stanley in the US for three years and is now competing to join the IAS.
They dated for months before marriage but were so deeply distrustful and fearful of each other that they recorded each other's conversations. (Evidence of psychological issues)

The couple had met through a social networking site. But in a few weeks of their conjugal life, the relationship erupted, tainting, in what now looks like a dirty tailspin into an inevitable break-up, captains, commodores, admirals and their wives. Defence minister A.K. Antony has asked for a report.

"They (my husband and his superiors) would beat me and molest me by tying me up. They would threaten me with dire consequences if I complained against them," she told The Telegraph this evening over telephone. (This newspaper is withholding her name.)

She has filed at least four reports with police against her husband and 10 other officers in his chain of command and their wives. The complaints have been registered across the country, in Mumbai, Kochi, Visakhapatnam and Delhi.
(Standard Harassment practice in India)

She alleges she was victimised by her husband and his colleagues because she refused to "sleep with them as part of a wife swapping network", which, she says, is "part and parcel of being in the navy".
The charge makes the navy livid because it tars every soldier-sailor and their spouses and makes it sound that it is the norm rather than the exception, even if that were true. The lieutenant himself filed for divorce on March 28 this year, according to an inquiry in the navy, "on grounds of mental and physical cruelty".

"It was common in the navy to have parties every day and to assign dress codes to the wives. Sometimes it would be dresses above knee length and sometimes sleeveless dresses. One had to do exactly what the senior officer said, otherwise one could lose his job. Ravi and his colleagues tried to humiliate me by posting my pictures on social networking sites and denying that I was married to him," said the woman, blaming the "culture of the navy" for her marital troubles.

"I took the case back when his parents intervened and begged me to take the case back. But in my statement to the high court while taking back the case I didn't say that they were innocent, instead I had them give the court written affidavits that they wouldn't harass me any more. I wish now I hadn't gone back to him after that," she said.

She lost her own parents when she was younger. Her immediate family, she says, is a brother living in California. But a report in the navy says she also has a sister.

The woman, who is now in Delhi, alleged that she was often locked up in her room and beaten up severely by her husband and her colleagues. "Through my ordeal never did I ever go to a doctor, nor a marriage counsellor. They will now try to say that I am mentally ill. I challenge them to show documents to prove that. I have never gone to a doctor nor have I ever gone to a marriage counsellor," she says.

The inquiry by the Southern Naval Command disputes this. It says there were efforts by her husband's superiors and their wives to resolve their marital dispute, that they were taken to a marriage counsellor and even a psychological therapist who diagnosed that she had bipolar disorder ' a state of mind in certain individuals with extreme mood swings.

Under the new anti-sexual harassment act passed by Parliament last month, a man charged in this fashion by a woman is liable to be arrested immediately pending investigation. The lieutenant has sought anticipatory bail.

Moral of the story .....be very careful when you choose your wife ....sometimes it helps to use you head along with your heart :cheesy:

if something of this sort was to happen in pak, i am assuming the accused will get stoned to death under islamic law?

I was being facetious

But to answer your question - no not at all. In tribal areas a lot of men smoke dope, it's technically illegal but in private setting its more or less accepted and not as taboo

if something of this sort was to happen in pak, i am assuming the accused will get stoned to death under islamic law?
No .... If such an incident happens in pakistan , most probably the women who is the victim will be jailed for lodging the complaint and men will be let free.

most of the posts here are defaming the whole Indian Navy, or Indian Armed Forces or Indians altogether. So lot of generalizations are being made which is illogical.

if someone just wants to treat it as one stupid husband forcing his wife to have sex with others in return for sexual favours from others willing wifes then you would know this is not something out of extraordinary and that you would find such nut cases in all professions of life.

but other Pak and China posters cant blame whole Navy or all Indians for that.

And when done willingly then whether sex party or asking for wife swapping, all such people are suspect and morons, just their means of getting multiple women are different.

yes all of indian navy does wife swapping.. will agre if they agree that all pakistanis are terrorists

@shuttler and other chinese members.... Whos in this pic? And is it true that majority of chinese ministers indulge in sex party?.... Am not sure who in this pic.... If u can help identifying it....
http://www.daffatruf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/China.jpg
Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi investigated over sex scandal to a Chinese Minister
Two Chinese officials hit by sex scandals
Senior Chinese official sacked over sex scandal
@on topic.... Few Indian navy men, few indian army men and few indian airforce people are pervert.... They dont believe in karma law.... So they get killed in war.... Its simple. Perverts should be eliminated....

Some are rumours and never appear in this bizzare scale as military indians revealed in the OP

I dont think any of the case that happened in China above involved GROUP sex of wives with multiple men and never in China is dowry a issue.

There is no comparison in this indian case vs the cases in China per se no matter how hard you people have tried in the past hours scorching the net for scandals in China similar to that committed by a group of uniformed indians and wives.

This indian case has brought decadence to a new low

Last edited by a moderator:
i have given you source with Place incident and news , it's always hard to find these things . Army personal Put pressure and bury such incidents , particularity in Army ruled country like Pakistan

The source is totally unreliable. I can also share a lot of stuff from PKKH or Zaid Hamid's blog about indian militar. You won't accept it calling it unreliable. In the same way your whole source is biased an forged. It is hard to find such incidents since they don't happen. Or else you can provide authentic source to prove yourself like I presented Telegraph news which is a highly reliable newspaper.

Try again buddy. And also change your flags to your original ones. Wonder why you guys are so ashamed of your flags nowadays.

So it is apparent even in the navy - there is confirmation that unsavory practice is occurring.

I am afraid to confirm though, its only limited to a few places. Kochi is a important place in Indian Naval establishment. I am not sure if it happens in other forces though.

I am afraid to confirm though, its only limited to a few places. Kochi is a important place in Indian Naval establishment. I am not sure if it happens in other forces though.

Bro - quoting your #176 as well. Did your cousin eplicitly say the practice is prevalent there in Kochi?

Bro - quoting your #176 as well. Did your cousin eplicitly say the practice is prevalent there in Kochi?

We arent close though. But he was discussing with his family and relatives, that life is not good out there and mentioned about culture prob and so left his wife here. He is not an officer in Naval ships. But an officer in Naval architecture bereau.
But soon after he got transferred to Vizag and he took her along with him.

We arent close though. But he was discussing with his family and relatives, that life is not good out there and mentioned about culture prob and so left his wife here. He is not an officer in Naval ships. But an officer in Naval architecture bereau.
But soon after he got transferred to Vizag and he took her along with him.

Thinking of talking to a fiend who is a commodore in IN but is also in Vizag. If it is not a culturally delicate subject I would have asked my elder in the family. If it was one allegation, then I would have said something fishy. Multiple accusations by the girl makes me sound suspicious of her intentions - along with sexual harassment she is talking of dowry harassment as well not to mention her claim that she saw her hubby with another officer's wife.

Well I hope India will be outta this rape crisis soon enough and this chance will be used to teach all bad kids manners to act as gentelmen……:cool::oops:

Thinking of talking to a fiend who is a commodore in IN but is also in Vizag. If it is not a culturally delicate subject I would have asked my elder in the family. If it was one allegation, then I would have said something fishy. Multiple accusations by the girl makes me sound suspicious of her intentions - along with sexual harassment she is talking of dowry harassment as well not to mention her claim that she saw her hubby with another officer's wife.

It might be true or might not. It depends. I had my coll tour to kerala a month ago, and kochi was filled with foreign tourist, foreign liquors with man pubs etc. And moreover the girl was working in JP Morgan Stanley, i doubt they would give a job to mentally disturbed girl.
Well we cannot form opinions here friend. I think Navy should find out.
Today morning, the Girl's husband, was dismissed by Navy, giving credence to her complaint.

It might be true or might not. It depends. I had my coll tour to kerala a month ago, and kochi was filled with foreign tourist, foreign liquors with man pubs etc. And moreover the girl was working in JP Morgan Stanley, i doubt they would give a job to mentally disturbed girl.
Well we cannot form opinions here friend. I think Navy should find out.
Today morning, the Girl's husband, was dismissed by Navy, giving credence to her complaint.

I know the wall street banks interview process. And it is easier to mask any psychological shortcomings in the interviews. As you said lets not form opinions and pass judgement especially in the forum where there are some cheap characters willing to take cheap shots especially against the Indian defence forces and its personnel who had sacrificed much behind the scenes. Atleast us Indians should wait until the investigations are over instead of speculating things.

As for the dismissal, I thought it is a different officer in a different case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom