What's new

Indian-origin Tharman Shanmugaratnam wins Singapore's presidential election

As far as I know, all the local Tamils I know identify themselves as Tamils, not as Indians, and they study Tamil in school. They also do not mix with other Indians like the Singh and Sinhalese. I didn't know in my younger days that my Sinhalese friends don't mix with my Tamil friends because they look down on them.
So "Indian-origin" for our new President is wrong.

But Inferiority Complex Racists Indians always on the lookout to boast about "Indian-origins" who found success because they are no longer in their Shit Country.
Well they are Tamils, so they will identify themselves as Tamils and study in Tamil, India's oldest launguage. Sinhalese aren't Indian, they are Sri Lankan that's why Tamils don't mix with Sinhalese. You can't change your origin even if you live on Mars. One Chinese living in Singapore can't suddenly claim that he is not Chinese but European white. Origins are determined by Scientific DNA sequencing.

Well they are Tamils, so they will identify themselves as Tamils and study in Tamil, India's oldest launguage. Sinhalese aren't Indian, they are Sri Lankan that's why Tamils don't mix with Sinhalese. You can't change your origin even if you live on Mars. One Chinese living in Singapore can't suddenly claim that he is not Chinese but European white. Origins are determined by Scientific DNA sequencing.
No wonder they could even have actually hated each other.

As a racist Indian, you may never understand how the overseas Chinese embrace non-Chinese notwithstanding our different DNA. You only have to ask those Brainwashed and rootless Taiwanese who claimed they are not Chinese.

I also have North Indian friends who look down on my Tamil friends.
I didn't realise it then, or else I should have told them off for their obnoxious behavior, but I was actually closer to my North Indian and Sinhalese friends as they are more extrovert and less likely to mingle only among themselves.

Singapore is not really completely non racist, still work in progress.
That we have to announce and emphasize that we have a minority person become President in an election says it all.
I got Tamil friends who tell me they are treated differently by shopkeepers.
I believe it could partly be because of his self consciousness.

Back
Top Bottom