What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Three types of haters who hate cows and cow lovers

Bypeelihaldi
Posted on September 30, 2017

An instance of depravity of the left “liberal” cabal started to reveal itself to me on July 3rd 2017. It’s 29th September, and the mockery of my faith hasn’t stopped.

It was on 3rd July that I visited my hometown to participate in the griha pravesh ceremony of our new home. With great enthusiasm, I clicked pictures of the ceremony and posted on Twitter. Weaved in a thread, I put up, what I thought was an informative part of the ceremony.

As a part of the ceremony, with great affection, Gaumata along with her calf were the first to enter the home followed by good books, pots of milk, curd, ghee, water, and then some clothes; in that order. While the rest of the puja was being done, in liberal parlance I “dared to post pictures of cows and calves”. And thus, the saga of love and hate, of praise and derision, of deliberate attempts to mock my faith, of vulgarity and bigotry commenced.

While a section of people, mostly the “Right Wing” so to speak, and dharmics as I would call us, expressed their love and appreciation for the pictures, the left “liberal” cabal started trying to use those pictures to hurt. Strangely, this dose of hatred was conspicuously missing when I put pictures with my dog.

I write this article to express my disgust at the left “liberal” modus operandi and double standards.

There is something about cows that Islamists and left “liberals”, who are quite similar in their approach to the Hindu faith, hate. Cows are hated by Evangelists too and beef is fed upon conversion. There are obvious expansionist plans that call for such a strategy.

But why would an Indian, born and brought up in Indian culture mock me for posting pictures with my pet cows, was the obvious question that is puzzling. Specially, when it is these very people who preach the ethics of animal rights, religious tolerance and freedom of faith pretending them to be their original ideas.

A few samples:

For a moment, let us keep faith aside. If one looks at this episode purely from the lens of what the cabal preaches about animal rights, their hypocrisy is clear. They hold up posters during Diwali, urging Hindus to refrain from bursting crackers because animals get scared, and yet, the thought of a woman posting a picture with a cow, inspired ire.

I wonder then if their animal rights concerns are just tools with which they can hound the Hindu faith? I wonder if it is really the cow, or that my picture represented Hindu piety, that inspired their hate?

If one is born and brought up in Indian culture, however non-religious, atheist or non-conventional one is, there are very less chances that he or she has no love or respect for animals. Compassion and divinity in all things and beings comes naturally to Bharatiya folks. Birds, animals, reptiles all allowed to flourish. What is the cause then that some Indians despite having grown up drinking milk of the same cows show disgust even at the thought of others loving them?

Not just disgust, they up the attack a little and throw steak photos at those posing with their pets:

They may defend their disdain by saying “cow is just another animal that we mock”. I am sure that for them cow is NOT just another animal because I have never been recipient of their anger when I posted pictures with my other pets, especially my dog. My pictures with my cow particularly caused extreme pain and anguish to folks such as these and that pain makes them spit bile, steak pics, slaughter jokes and cow hate posts.

There can be three possible explanations to their actions:

1. They are expansionist radical Islamists or Evangelists who see the love that Hindus have for cows as resistance to their plan of shaming Hindus of their roots. The mere sight of pious Hindus taking pride in their culture and rituals is looked upon almost as an act of ‘insubordination’. And once the threat is perceived, they proceed to mock the Hindu faith and spread lies.

2. There are also namesake ‘atheists’ and ‘rationalists’ who, in their twisted crusade, are trying to help Hindus get “rid of shackles of seeing divinity in animals”. I say namesake because in my experience, these rationalists are anything but rational, and Atheists who are only meant to be devoid of faith in the existence of god, take it upon themselves to single out and project hate at the only religion that respects atheists are much as theists.

Their shenanigans are of course falling on deaf ears as Hindus continue to look for divinity in all beings, including the cow. Perhaps, this ‘crusade’ is because their campaign to deride the Hindu faith and strip Hindus of their rituals is not reaping results.

3. There were also some well-meaning folks ashamed of countable violence that happened due to cow vigilantes. And here is where I hold the motivated media responsible which ran an entire malign campaign against gau-rakshaks and completely ignored the violence perpetrated by cow smugglers.

They believe this one-sided skewed narrative and are completely clueless about smuggling rackets and related uncounted gau-rakshak deaths. They are forced to feel so ashamed that they mock cow pictures because:

(a) Narrative about Hindus being violent to protect their property, pets and friends makes them feel inferior, and

(b) they are ashamed of Gau bhakti because media outlets have shamed them of Hindu roots of cow protection. They have internalized the shame that almost every media outlet has peddled overtly and covertly.

I personally have no sympathy for any of these three varieties.

Radical Islamists and evangelists are contemptible in their hatred for an animal for their expansionism and hatred for the Hindu faith. The self-styled rationalists and atheists are forcing an ill-conceived philosophy on masses that would never work in long term. Faith in divinity of all beings is good for humanity as compared to no faith because latter will eventually lead to disrespect for everything. The third variety of cow haters only get my pity.

I can deal with the contempt that flew my way. But as a Hindu, I feel distraught at the amount of abuse the innocent animal has to endure. It is also painful, that it is not only these elements who have indulged in this debauchery, but also political parties that think of these elements as a vote bank.

I don’t expect the left “liberals” to worship or even grant basic dignity to Gaumata, but I wish they could at the least not poke fun at our emotions for our family including our pets. Family is the unit we cherish. Cow is like family to us. Even those who cant afford to really tend to the animal, show reverence because a cow only gives and helps them raise a healthy family.

Nothing positive really comes out of this blind hate. And considering Hindus have endured far worse, our faith is not about to be shaken. What it does, is expose the Left’s double standards and viciousness. Their utter disregard to the very values they pretend to espouse.

There are seven mothers any Hindu respects naturally, perhaps sub-consciously – own mother, Guru mata, Brāhmaṇi, Queen, Gau mata, Nurse and mother Earth. Love for cow isn’t something vulgar or bizarre. It’s basic sanskaar to respect the ones who give us life, nurture us, give us life lessons, protect us, look after us, treat us when we are sick and provide us everything to sustain our lives. It’s a mark of respect to not defile when you can respectfully take from them what is only absolutely needed and nothing more. These values might be extremely complex for some, considering there is nothing sacred that they wouldn’t deride, but I sure hope this is read by these very elements with an open mind.

It’s common sense to be respectful to beings beneficial to us. That’s symbiosis. The whataboutery is needless. The position of cow as a revered being stands independent. And try as they may, our faith shall survive and there is nothing they can do about it.

Imagine if was Hindus demeaning "THEIR" religion or religious beliefs.
These same people would crawl on their bottoms to US and UN and complain about Hindutva terror.

How deliberately BBC separates Hindu and Dalit
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-41466291

The fact that there are 1.3 billion people living in India, there will always be some murderers, rapists, criminals even 1000 years later. But projecting whole country for few isolated cases? We will never be able to counter this propaganda, it didn't happen in past 70 years, it will not happen in 100 years. Because there is no such thing as Indian intelligentsia, instead we have groups, we have hostility between the so called elites, the government and the press. And except few, most of our political parties are like corrupt factions who want to rule the country or its parts, not serve.

The fact that there are 1.3 billion people living in India, there will always be some murderers, rapists, criminals even 1000 years later. But projecting whole country for few isolated cases? We will never be able to counter this propaganda, it didn't happen in past 70 years, it will not happen in 100 years. Because there is no such thing as Indian intelligentsia, instead we have groups, we have hostility between the so called elites, the government and the press. And except few, most of our political parties are like corrupt factions who want to rule the country or its parts, not serve.

I am thankful that after so many years, Indians are finally starting to see this :angel:

I am thankful that after so many years, Indians are finally starting to see this :angel:
We will die, new generations will come, the propaganda will continue. Indian civilization traditionally lacks when it comes to passing on information to the next generation.

We will die, new generations will come, the propaganda will continue. Indian civilization traditionally lacks when it comes to passing on information to the next generation.

India also has a rich tradition and culture of passing down racial memory. From the Vedas to the emergency. Indian civilization has no comparable civilization in that respect. Pretty much every other civilization has been wiped out by islam, christianity or communism.

Hinduism is the ONLY one that has prevailed from the beginning of time. We are the immortals.

Why blame BBC when our won Hindu newspaper ran a news saying there is molestation during the Mumbai stampede which turned to be false as usual

Why blame BBC when our won Hindu newspaper ran a news saying there is molestation during the Mumbai stampede which turned to be false as usual
Yes and that exactly what constant bombardment of articles demeaning Indian males does. There is a pattern, if you carefully notice smaller details such as in Photography or Documentary making, specially of rural India, we have been customized to see our own people through western point of view.

DKPcZlOVoAARfoJ.jpg

DLLxN_3X0AA12Jf.jpg

DLMFYKnVoAAiKtt.jpg

I think the first one is the best.
Got me...Hilarious :)

B. Jeyamohan is one of the most influential contemporary, Tamil and Malayalam writers and literary critic from Nagercoil
This is the translation of the article:
"Intolerance"
I learnt the meaning of “Power” when I visited Delhi in 1994 to receive my Sanskriti Samman award and stayed for two days in India International Centre. I did have some familiarities with Information and culture ministries. However, IIC is the place where “Power” is served on a gold plate.

IIC is located in a peaceful and luxurious bungalow with lawns, high class food and drinks, quietly moving waiters, the butter English spoken without the upper lip moving, lipsticked women gracefully adjusting their hair, the elegant welcome given to the inner circle members with signs and hugs without making any noise!

I have stayed in many star hotels later. But I have never seen anywhere the luxury and comfort of IIC.

IIC was established and funded by the Indian government as an independent body to promote arts and free thinking. If my memory serves me right, Dr. Karan Singh was also its head. I saw him in that evening.

I saw every intellectual that I had known through my reading of English language magazines. U R Ananthamurthy was staying there for almost four years almost as a permanent fixture. Girish Karnad was staying for a few days. Writers, journalists and thinkers such as Pritish Nandi, Makarant Parajpe, Shobha De were seen everywhere in the Centre.

It was true that I was overwhelmed that day. Arunmozhi (my wife) ran to Girish Karnad on spotting him and was thrilled to introduce herself to him. I was told that Nayantara Sehgal used to come there on daily basis to have a drink. I saw her that day too. I realized that the two other individuals who were given the award along with me, Rajdeep Sardesai and Anamika Haksar were regulars there.

They wear rough Kolkata kurtas and Kolhapuri chappals. Wear small glasses. Women in pure white hair and khadi saris. One of them, they said, was Kapila Vatsyayan. They said, Pupul Jayakar will also come. Wherever you turn, there were literary talks and art discussions.

That pomp kind of unnerved me. The ultra high intellectualism seen there somewhat alienated me. Venkat Swaminathan, who saw me the next day, immediately recognised my sense of discomfort. He said, "Hey, three fourth of this crowd is just a perfect horde of crows (the Tamil equivalent of psychophants). The snobs that make their living are draw their power by licking the boots of power centres. Most of them are mere power brokers. At best you may find one or two artists who you will really respect. And they can't bear this atmosphere for too long and will just run away.

But these are the people who decide what is culture for this country. They can talk about every thing in the world for one hour in colourful English with the right number of jargons. But on the 61st minute, the colour will start fading. Actually they don't know any thing in the real sense. Almost all are like the little boxes we find in attics which held hing a long time back", said Venkat Swaminathan.

Everyone will have four or five trusts in the name of Service Organizations or Cultural Organizations. They will be flying from one conference to the other. Once given accommodation in a government bungalow, they can never be removed from there. In Delhi alone this crowd has illegally occupied about 5,000 bungalows. There is another Power Centre similar to this in Delhi which is called the JNU. It is the same story there too.

Can't the government get rid of them?", I asked. He said, "normally governments do not think in that line. Because this crowd has stuck itself from the time of Nehru. They support each other. Even if some IAS officials try, they will fall at the right feet and escape".

"There is one more thing added to it" said Venkat Swaminathan. "Not only were these people just parasites, they also derive great power by showing themselves as progressive leftists. Did you notice it?". I said "Yes" with an amazement.

They are known throughout the world through the numerous seminars they attend. They are highly networked. Journalists around the world seek their opinion on whatever happens in India. They are the people who gave a leftist mask to the Congress Government. If you look at it that way, the amount spent on them is quite low”, he said. They are the trolls sitting on the head of India and nobody can do anything to them. They decide what is art or culture or thought of India.

I have often been to IIC with my Malayalam journalist friends. For them, this is the place to pick rumours and convert them in to news. They know there are no secrets as the day wears out and the spirits rise higher and higher in the head.

But I can only pity those people who engage in to political debates based on the supposedly rare gems of wisdoms dished out by these “intellectuals” through the middle pages of English newspapers. These intellectuals never actually know the real politics. They just shout on the basis of the superfluous knowledge and stand points, with the prime space enable by the network. That’s all.

Long time back when I wrote about this Circle, I had mentioned that Barkha Dutt is none but a power broker, my own friends fought with me for degrading a “progressive fighter”. Fortunately for me, within a few days, the brokering she did with Tata leaked out through the Nira Radia tapes. (Incidentally, what happened to that case, does any body know?). But even those stark revelations could not bring down Barkha Dutt from her exalted pedestal even for a month. That is the kind of power they have.

But now, for the first time in the history of independent India someone has dared to touch this power circle. Warnings were circulated at the lower level for the last about 6 months. Last week the Culture Ministry decided to send a notice to them. This, perhaps, is the reason for these intellectuals to suddenly flare up against “intolerance”.

For example, painter Jatin Das, father of actress Nandita Das is occupying a large government bungalow at one of the premium locations in Delhi free of cost for many years. Government has sent an eviction notice to him. This is the real reason for Nandita Das strongly speaking about intolerance in television channels and writing in English newspapers (all diligently carried by the network).

Even for a man as strong Modi, I think he has touched a wrong nerve. These elements are too powerful. They can destroy India through the media worldwide. They can create a picture that rivers of blood are flowing in India. They can make businessmen around the world to halt. They can wreck the tourism industry. The truth is there is no other power centre like this in India. Tolerating them is unavoidable for India. And Modi’s intolerance of them is extremely dangerous – not only for him but for the country itself. "

@ranjeet @Levina @SrNair
@Joe Shearer :D Got this from my WhatsApp group

B. Jeyamohan is one of the most influential contemporary, Tamil and Malayalam writers and literary critic from Nagercoil
This is the translation of the article:
"Intolerance"
I learnt the meaning of “Power” when I visited Delhi in 1994 to receive my Sanskriti Samman award and stayed for two days in India International Centre. I did have some familiarities with Information and culture ministries. However, IIC is the place where “Power” is served on a gold plate.

IIC is located in a peaceful and luxurious bungalow with lawns, high class food and drinks, quietly moving waiters, the butter English spoken without the upper lip moving, lipsticked women gracefully adjusting their hair, the elegant welcome given to the inner circle members with signs and hugs without making any noise!

I have stayed in many star hotels later. But I have never seen anywhere the luxury and comfort of IIC.

IIC was established and funded by the Indian government as an independent body to promote arts and free thinking. If my memory serves me right, Dr. Karan Singh was also its head. I saw him in that evening.

I saw every intellectual that I had known through my reading of English language magazines. U R Ananthamurthy was staying there for almost four years almost as a permanent fixture. Girish Karnad was staying for a few days. Writers, journalists and thinkers such as Pritish Nandi, Makarant Parajpe, Shobha De were seen everywhere in the Centre.

It was true that I was overwhelmed that day. Arunmozhi (my wife) ran to Girish Karnad on spotting him and was thrilled to introduce herself to him. I was told that Nayantara Sehgal used to come there on daily basis to have a drink. I saw her that day too. I realized that the two other individuals who were given the award along with me, Rajdeep Sardesai and Anamika Haksar were regulars there.

They wear rough Kolkata kurtas and Kolhapuri chappals. Wear small glasses. Women in pure white hair and khadi saris. One of them, they said, was Kapila Vatsyayan. They said, Pupul Jayakar will also come. Wherever you turn, there were literary talks and art discussions.

That pomp kind of unnerved me. The ultra high intellectualism seen there somewhat alienated me. Venkat Swaminathan, who saw me the next day, immediately recognised my sense of discomfort. He said, "Hey, three fourth of this crowd is just a perfect horde of crows (the Tamil equivalent of psychophants). The snobs that make their living are draw their power by licking the boots of power centres. Most of them are mere power brokers. At best you may find one or two artists who you will really respect. And they can't bear this atmosphere for too long and will just run away.

But these are the people who decide what is culture for this country. They can talk about every thing in the world for one hour in colourful English with the right number of jargons. But on the 61st minute, the colour will start fading. Actually they don't know any thing in the real sense. Almost all are like the little boxes we find in attics which held hing a long time back", said Venkat Swaminathan.

Everyone will have four or five trusts in the name of Service Organizations or Cultural Organizations. They will be flying from one conference to the other. Once given accommodation in a government bungalow, they can never be removed from there. In Delhi alone this crowd has illegally occupied about 5,000 bungalows. There is another Power Centre similar to this in Delhi which is called the JNU. It is the same story there too.

Can't the government get rid of them?", I asked. He said, "normally governments do not think in that line. Because this crowd has stuck itself from the time of Nehru. They support each other. Even if some IAS officials try, they will fall at the right feet and escape".

"There is one more thing added to it" said Venkat Swaminathan. "Not only were these people just parasites, they also derive great power by showing themselves as progressive leftists. Did you notice it?". I said "Yes" with an amazement.

They are known throughout the world through the numerous seminars they attend. They are highly networked. Journalists around the world seek their opinion on whatever happens in India. They are the people who gave a leftist mask to the Congress Government. If you look at it that way, the amount spent on them is quite low”, he said. They are the trolls sitting on the head of India and nobody can do anything to them. They decide what is art or culture or thought of India.

I have often been to IIC with my Malayalam journalist friends. For them, this is the place to pick rumours and convert them in to news. They know there are no secrets as the day wears out and the spirits rise higher and higher in the head.

But I can only pity those people who engage in to political debates based on the supposedly rare gems of wisdoms dished out by these “intellectuals” through the middle pages of English newspapers. These intellectuals never actually know the real politics. They just shout on the basis of the superfluous knowledge and stand points, with the prime space enable by the network. That’s all.

Long time back when I wrote about this Circle, I had mentioned that Barkha Dutt is none but a power broker, my own friends fought with me for degrading a “progressive fighter”. Fortunately for me, within a few days, the brokering she did with Tata leaked out through the Nira Radia tapes. (Incidentally, what happened to that case, does any body know?). But even those stark revelations could not bring down Barkha Dutt from her exalted pedestal even for a month. That is the kind of power they have.

But now, for the first time in the history of independent India someone has dared to touch this power circle. Warnings were circulated at the lower level for the last about 6 months. Last week the Culture Ministry decided to send a notice to them. This, perhaps, is the reason for these intellectuals to suddenly flare up against “intolerance”.

For example, painter Jatin Das, father of actress Nandita Das is occupying a large government bungalow at one of the premium locations in Delhi free of cost for many years. Government has sent an eviction notice to him. This is the real reason for Nandita Das strongly speaking about intolerance in television channels and writing in English newspapers (all diligently carried by the network).

Even for a man as strong Modi, I think he has touched a wrong nerve. These elements are too powerful. They can destroy India through the media worldwide. They can create a picture that rivers of blood are flowing in India. They can make businessmen around the world to halt. They can wreck the tourism industry. The truth is there is no other power centre like this in India. Tolerating them is unavoidable for India. And Modi’s intolerance of them is extremely dangerous – not only for him but for the country itself. "

@ranjeet @Levina @SrNair
@Joe Shearer :D Got this from my WhatsApp group

Such a convenient explanation! The left in India is merely a crowd of social parasites seeking to exert influence far above their competence or their roles in daily life.

The best part is that this is quite true of a number. What is a tragedy is that confused people (like you) then go on to think that EVERYONE is smeared with tar from the same brush. As this amazed account actually points out, there is a hard-core of worthy and sensitive people, around whom these others rotate, but to those unable to discover which are borrowed feathers and which are genuinely Jim Crow, to mangle a couple of similes in a couple of languages, they all seem the same.

That is why the hyena pack goes after the intellectual segment; they are not seen as intellectual, but as just other members of the beehive.

Unfortunately, this writer happened to get into the Pupul Jayakar circuit (you, of course, reading a south Indian's account, are knowledgeable enough to know her role, apart from selecting saris for Indira Gandhi), and drew his conclusions about that circuit. What he apparently doesn't know, or didn't know, was that there are a number of circuits like this, and he has apparently not been exposed to them. The Sanghis have their own; equally starched khaddar, intermingled in the same proportions with polyester as this crowd, but speaking, rather than their 'butler' English (the narration says 'butter' English, which you should correct to protect the reputation of the - shall we call him a whistle-blower?), an arch kind of Hindi, spoken with as great an effect in quelling pretensions of equality as the previously mentioned 'butler' English. Actually it is spoken with greater accuracy and verve than the 'butler' English; that, as its name hints, is an acquired patois of the serving classes in British households, as far removed from the masters' English as was Babu English, another patois.

Back to the point: if you have frequented Delhi social circles, you will very soon learn which circles suit you, and empower you, and gravitate to them, and they to you. It is not just about pretentious Indians creating a space for themselves disproportionately bigger than their deserts, it is about pretentious Indians creating many spaces and creating much larger landscapes to dominate. Another circuit, that our dazzled little country mouse might not have encountered in his brief stay, is the cricket administration circuit. Traditionally a method by which fairly large sums of money were parcelled and passed around, where cricketing careers were made and broken over a Whisky Sour, and power was exercised in precisely the same manner that has been described, but in an entirely different context. There are several more; the retired military circuit, poisonous as hell, that is contaminated by greasy, sleek creatures with small beady eyes looking for a breakthrough and an entree into offices that might benefit them.

Thank you for presenting this very amusing note, but I am not sure that you know about the whole territory. The author clearly didn't.

Last edited:
Such a convenient explanation! The left in India is merely a crowd of social parasites seeking to exert far above their competence or their roles in daily life.

The best part is that this is quite true of a number. What is a tragedy is that confused people (like you) then go on to think that EVERYONE is smeared with tar from the same brush. As this amazed account actually points out, there is a hard-core of worthy and sensitive people, around whom these others rotate, but to those unable to discover which are borrowed feathers and which are genuinely Jim Crow, to mangle a couple of similes in a couple of languages, they all seem the same.

That is why the hyena pack goes after the intellectual segment; they are not seen as intellectual, but as just other members of the beehive.

Unfortunately, this writer happened to get into the Pupul Jayakar circuit (you, of course, reading a south Indian's account, are knowledgeable enough to know her role, apart from selecting saris for Indira Gandhi), and drew his conclusions about that circuit. What he apparently doesn't know, or didn't know, was that there are a number of circuits like this, and he has apparently not been exposed to them. The Sanghis have their own; equally starched khaddar, intermingled in the same proportions with polyester as this crowd, but speaking, rather than their 'butler' English (the narration says 'butter' English, which you should correct to protect the reputation of the - shall we call him a whistle-blower?), an arch kind of Hindi, spoken with as great an effect in quelling pretensions of equality as the previously mentioned 'butler' English. Actually it is spoken with greater accuracy and verve than the 'butler' English; that, as its name hints, is an acquired patois of the serving classes in British households, as far removed from the masters' English as was Babu English, another patois.

Back to the point: if you have frequented Delhi social circles, you will very soon learn which circles suit you, and empower you, and gravitate to them, and they to you. It is not just about pretentious Indians creating a space for themselves disproportionately bigger than their deserts, it is about pretentious Indians creating many spaces and creating much larger landscapes to dominate. Another circuit, that our dazzled little country mouse might not have encountered in his brief stay, is the cricket administration circuit. Traditionally a method by which fairly large sums of money were parcelled and passed around, where cricketing careers were made and broken over a Whisky Sour, and power was exercised in precisely the same manner that has been described, but in an entirely different context. There are several more; the retired military circuit, poisonous as hell, that is contaminated by greasy, sleek creatures with small beady eyes looking for a breakthrough and an entree into offices that might benefit them.

Thank you for presenting this very amusing note, but I am not sure that you know about the whole territory. The author clearly didn't.

The army beadies are accurate to a T.

The sirring and maming with vacuous wide plastered smiles and bent waists arms straight down along the sides thumbs pointing down along trouser seams gets on my tattas.

Cheers, Doc

The army beadies are accurate to a T.

The sirring and maming with vacuous wide plastered smiles and bent waists arms straight down along the sides thumbs pointing down along trouser seams gets on my tattas.

Cheers, Doc

Precisely.

So you've been there. :D

I'll be honest.

My wife (then girlfriend) and I realised pretty early in our courtship, while still in college, that a career in the army would have been fractious for both the army and me.

Pity.

Cheers, Doc

I'm afraid I never faced a voluntary choice. There was no question of not following in my uncle's footsteps and becoming an aviator at sea, with no regard to my notable deficient motor skills, that would have shut the door on such a career with a resounding clang. So when I was found at the school medicals before the SSB to have mild myopia, that put paid to things in a definitive kind of way.

Since that shattering day, I've drifted along as a civilian, never quite convinced about what I was doing even during my shadow-land stints.

Back
Top Bottom