What's new

Indian sindhu thrashes chinese in badminton

Yes, there was. And I have shown you pictures of Indian soldiers in Peking. A little less wide-eyed innocence would be more credible.

Those soldiers were nothing more than the hired bodies serving British interest. What's there to be proud of? Besides 1.7% minority hardly represent Indians in any sense.

Because China under the KMT was the sick man of Asia, and I was merely pointing out this fact, and you abused your power to give me a negative rating.

Abused my power? I used it precisely as defined for use, so if you have any complaints, do please feel free to refer my rating to the moderators.

Those soldiers were nothing more than the hired bodies serving British interest. What's there to be proud of? Besides 1.7% minority hardly represent Indians in any sense.

It was a volunteer army.

And is what saved India from Japanese horrors.

They might have fought under the British flag, but they sure as hell fought for their land and their people.

And not to rub it in for your still very raw wounds, but they did way better against the same guys who ... to put in mildly .... ravaged you.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
It was a volunteer army.

And is what saved India from Japanese horrors.

They might have fought under the British flag, but they sure as hell fought for their land and their people.

And not to run it in for your still very raw wounds, but they did way better against the same guys who ... to put in mildly .... ravaged you.

Cheers, Doc

And they could very have been Pakistani Punjabi. They are not any different from Chinese hired to build trans continental railway. Nothing but Coolies.

You mean that to serve a despotic regime merely because it is constituted of your own countrymen is in some way ennobling? And the reference to 1.7% is baffling. At what point, in your wisdom, does the percentage make the whole mess palatable?

I admit that I have heard less ridiculous arguments. The point is having heard them over and over again, with no added value in argument. If I stay away from discussing controversial matters with Chinese members, it is because I realise that they bring set opinions and self-glorifying arguments and little else to the discussion, and have closed minds. It is only in nasty cases that I force myself to intervene, and that, too, only to the handful that I consider decent people. I am sorry to see the petulant reactions that have come forth. Please do not be under the mistaken impression that these reactions will receive anything but their deserts.

Yes, there was. And I have shown you pictures of Indian soldiers in Peking. A little less wide-eyed innocence would be more credible.

There were Indian race , yes, no questions about it. but not India as a country, before 1947 India was part of UK . They did everything under British banner and to the British will.

You mean that to serve a despotic regime merely because it is constituted of your own countrymen is in some way ennobling? And the reference to 1.7% is baffling. At what point, in your wisdom, does the percentage make the whole mess palatable?

I admit that I have heard less ridiculous arguments. The point is having heard them over and over again, with no added value in argument. If I stay away from discussing controversial matters with Chinese members, it is because I realise that they bring set opinions and self-glorifying arguments and little else to the discussion, and have closed minds. It is only in nasty cases that I force myself to intervene, and that, too, only to the handful that I consider decent people. I am sorry to see the petulant reactions that have come forth. Please do not be under the mistaken impression that these reactions will receive anything but their deserts.

It is you who is self-glorifying your colonial past, just because some of you had been hired by colonial master to be somewhere they did not belong.

There were Indian race , yes, no questions about it. but not India as a country, before 1947 India was part of UK . They did everything under British banner and to the British will.

Please relieve yourself of these historical burdens. Fighting a bad fight under the right ethnic leadership does not improve the situation.

I have no intention of dealing with 'human wave' arguments, so please take this as my last word on the subject. Or not, as you desire.

It is you who is self-glorifying your colonial past, just because some of you had been hired by colonial master to be somewhere they did not belong.

Stop weeping these crocodile tears and concentrate on the military skills displayed. Wherever the subject came up, I have scrupulously ascribed their virtues and their achievements to Chinese formations, in whichever situation the subject came up. It is sad to see the mean and envious attitude that is a response, and the unquenchable need to glorify everything that originates on one side and belittle everything on any other front. Very sad indeed.

Please relieve yourself of these historical burdens. Fighting a bad fight under the right ethnic leadership does not improve the situation.

I have no intention of dealing with 'human wave' arguments, so please take this as my last word on the subject. Or not, as you desire.

Joe, you have been the top Indian members that I fully respect, and I missed your opinion while you were absent. I read your long post in the thread, was glad that you are bringing back some sanity to this forum. I did not see your discussion with other Chinese members, but the reference to Nanking massacre was out right outrageous.

Joe, you have been the top Indian members that I fully respect, and I missed your opinion while you were absent. I read your long post in the thread, was glad that you are bringing back some sanity to this forum. I did not see your discussion with other Chinese members, but the reference to Nanking massacre was out right outrageous.

What do you mean? I have always held it up as an instance of Man's singular inhumanity to man. Do you mean that just because I quoted it in a context where some Chinese members were being supercilious and rude that it now becomes a low blow?

I wish you could detach yourself from blind loyalty to your country and to your countrymen. This is not asking for something that I do not personally practise; I have always separated the content of an argument from the originator's antecedents.

Have you nothing to say about the comment to which I replied? Does it not warrant disapproval?

Stop weeping these crocodile tears and concentrate on the military skills displayed. Wherever the subject came up, I have scrupulously ascribed their virtues and their achievements to Chinese formations, in whichever situation the subject came up. It is sad to see the mean and envious attitude that is a response, and the unquenchable need to glorify everything that originates on one side and belittle everything on any other front. Very sad indeed.

No, we don't have tears for outselves or for others, crocodile or otherwise. Our last generations worked their *** out to make our country something that all of us can be proud, so that our generation can be here to fight with you guys and defend what we think worth defending. As an Indian liberal which I thought you belong, you just ask yourself if India is on the right track after 2014. What you have shown here in this thread is not something I would expect from a level-headed professional.

Sad, the conflict between two countries can actually take significant part of sense off people involved, a sense that we are human before we are Chinese/Indian.

Joe, I don't if there were some posts deleted that prompt you to refer to Nanking massacre, but this thread itself is an outburst of inferior complex, which I would have chosen to avoid if not for your comment.

Not to cling on to a point made and deserving to be left at that, do take a look at the thread on the trial and conviction of a religious charlatan, and the resultant civil disturbances, and rioting and arson, caused by his religious followers, and the reactions of some Chinese members to these.
No, we don't have tears for outselves or for others, crocodile or otherwise. Our last generations worked their *** out to make our country something that all of us can be proud, so that our generation can be here to fight with you guys and defend what we think worth defending. As an Indian liberal which I thought you belong, you just ask yourself if India is on the right track after 2014. What you have shown here in this thread is not something I would expect from a level-headed professional.

First, my attitude to developments after 2014 is very well-known; that there is a pack of rabid Sanghis who keep attacking me and others of my way of thinking is clear and visible evidence of the disturbance that this causes them.

Second, I am unable to see what there is in what I have said which even borders on the kind of gross disrespect and utterly foul suggestions made by Chinese members on other threads within the last 24 hours. If you can reconcile those posts with your desire for seeing level-headed posts from a professional, I shall be glad to know.

Sad, the conflict between two countries can actually take significant part of sense off people involved, a sense that we are human before we are Chinese/Indian.

Is it too difficult to see that I object to an entire nation of 1.3 billion being clubbed together and mocked, just because some idiot has used a silly, jingoistic wording in his headline for a post?

Joe, I don't if there were some posts deleted that prompt you to refer to Nanking massacre, but this thread itself is an outburst of inferior complex, which I would have chosen to avoid if not for your comment.

This thread is badly, even rudely worded; I do NOT defend the title or the underlying spirit. At the same time, I do resent, and continue to resent the response. My reference to the Nanking massacre was exactly this: that Indians were active in sports, not recently, but when China was going through horrible events as far removed from sports as might be imagined. If you think, seriously think, that I was using the massacre to deride the Chinese people, I am sorry to say that you have no idea of my humanist approach or my detestation of the brutality of the Sino-Japanese War, for that matter, any war where civilians were victimised.

Try to detach this thread and its mean outlook from the outlook of people who are posting on it, provoked beyond endurance by this and other remarks and posts, and try to understand what the reference to the Nanking massacre meant.

Both China and India were the victims of Japanese brutality during WWII. For China, Nanking massacre is a wound that never heals, and for India, though few know, Japanese ate Indian POWs during WWII. I am sensitive to this subject because some Indian members tend to refer to Nanking massacre to insult Chinese when they lost arguments, without knowing what their soldiers suffered in the hand of Japanese Imperial army.

Both China and India were the victims of Japanese brutality during WWII. For China, Nanking massacre is a wound that never heals, and for India, though few know, Japanese ate Indian POWs during WWII. I am sensitive to this subject because some Indian members tend to refer to Nanking massacre to insult Chinese when they lost arguments, without knowing what their soldiers suffered in the hand of Japanese Imperial army.

Well outside PDF, how many Indians you know? 90% don't even have any enmity with Chinese. Oldtimers often have this mindset that both China and India were victims of western imperialists. Its only on PDF that you countrymen abuse Indians as British puppets and all conveniently forgetting how Japan almost overran your country only to be saved by USA. Otherwise, today China would have been an extended Japanese colony.

Why do you want to get to the level of worthless Chinese trolls here in trolling? Let them troll. That's what CCP pays them for.
Yup I get paid part time from CPC. I make more than an Indian MBA from Mumbai!

Congrats to Mr Sindhu!

I sincerely think it's a very good thing for India to focus more on and perform better in sports. Sport is a effective mechanism for dissipating hyper-nationalism. Witness how Europeans channeled their once murderous rage for each other into football and other sports, and how their continent is much more peaceful and better for it.

There are a lot of patriotic, red-blooded Hindu men who, stung by the physical and sporting impotency of their 1.3 billion compatriots, turn to hyper-nationalism and religious extremism instead. They riot and ravish and join cow brigades. But they wouldn't feel the need to do that if India could hold its head high in the sporting arena.
Lol. Being professional athlete is not the same as raping or working at call centers! You can't just say I want to be an athlete.

No. Chinese were victims. Indians were winning Olympic medals during ww2 even though India did not exist until 1947!

Back
Top Bottom