What's new

Indian Travelling To Pakistan Question

Doesn't matter what your citizenship is, if you sound remotely "Indian" it would be more difficult to get a visa. I went with my girlfriend, so it made life a lot easier. They do tend to be more lenient than say India. That was a friggen nightmare for my girlfriend lol

They are fine people if you got the will to defend your nation and stand up for it? Can you do that? I doubt

I don't plan on discussing politics or religion.

That's just inviting trouble as these are emotional issues. It is also a mark of respect to me as a guest to not offend the hosts and their hospitality by setting out to offend them.

It will still affect you, getting visa will be a long and tedious process, and even then there will be a good chance that your visa application will be rejected.

If you can get a Pakistani friend(if you have one) to go along with you, that ll make your life a lot easier.

One of my closest friends is a Pakistani and he usually goes back to Lahore in the summer.

lolwut? As an Australian Citizen of Indian background, same as OP's category, am speaking from experience. He should know that his visa application will take a long time, and he should plan accordingly.

Getting a Pakistani visa for a person of Indian origin is very tough, and has gotten more tough since 2009. Whether it be a tourist/business/work visa.

This is sort of like a bucket list thing. I am thinking long term.

bhai TBH i can offer you but khany ke pesy kon de ga?:undecided: main saaly kangaal ho chuka aik taka nhi hai mery pass ab zaher khany jitna bhi :cry:

We have had the pleasure of hosting Indian families for dinner lunch.

And the cook is always happy to have them.

Reason?

Vegetarian dishes are really easy to cook. Daal and subzi type dishes.

So IK sahib,

Don't sweat.

You can feed our friend within a reasonable budget. Perhaps we should ask him. He is from Kerala so he may not be 100% vegetarian.

Peace

Doesn't matter what your citizenship is, if you sound remotely "Indian" it would be more difficult to get a visa. I went with my girlfriend, so it made life a lot easier. They do tend to be more lenient than say India. That was a friggen nightmare for my girlfriend lol

Both Indian and Pakistani visa officers look at the country of birth in addition to the country of citizenship.

This is followed by mutual "love" thus adding a bit more checks in the visa issuing process.

Peace

So let me put forward to you a hypothetical question. If say I were to travel to Pakistan what problems would I face.

1) I am a New Zealand citizen now, som I am an Indian citizen no longer. How would this affect me?

2) I can understand Hindi moderately. But I would say my Hindi and it's understanding of it is poor.

3) Security situation. I feel the media might be exaggerating the dangers. I would like a realistic appraisal.

1) it doesnt change anythng .. we have many visiters from india ... Pakistani are very friendly with them ...

2) knowing hindi is an advantage . but if u have an indian accent of english people will easily understand it ... ( even the richsaw walla cant speak english but he will understand what u r trying to say )

3. which areas u intend to visit .. Punjab is almost 100 % safe ...sindh is 100 % safe for tourist .. Kashir is safe .. baluchistan and kpk has problems but not on tourist places ..

I think a lot of Indians would like to visit Northern areas of Pak(bcoz of that thread on PDF:lol:) but i think its not advisable us to go there for atleast next 5 years but how about Peshawer? Is it ok for an Indian to go there?

Any members from KPK here???
well they say if u drop ur persue in peshawar ..dnt bend over to pick it up ... if u r not a chankna bacha u will be safe in peshawar ...
on a serious note, Pathans are really nice people ... but right now due to the fall over of afghan war, people are very radicalized in the whole kpk .. not a safe to people to .. swat adn other tourist places are safe

I think a lot of Indians would like to visit Northern areas of Pak(bcoz of that thread on PDF:lol:) but i think its not advisable us to go there for atleast next 5 years but how about Peshawer? Is it ok for an Indian to go there?

Any members from KPK here???
Unless u want to end up with our great intel network u people shouldnt think abt G-B or AJK.....Our intel. network has an Eagle eye mind u. In Azad Kashmir and G-B its strict Laws that dont allow yr citizens there.Unless yr from Kashmir.

You can feed our friend within a reasonable budget. Perhaps we should ask him. He is from Kerala so he may not be 100% vegetarian.

Peace

Both Indian and Pakistani visa officers look at the country of birth in addition to the country of citizenship.

This is followed by mutual "love" thus adding a bit more checks in the visa issuing process.

Peace

@FaujHistorian I am a non vegetarian.

I eat beef too. :)

Though I have a fondness for seafood :D

What kind of meat is usually cooked in Pakistan for their dishes?

Is it beef? Mutton?

One of my closest friends is a Pakistani and he usually goes back to Lahore in the summer.

This is sort of like a bucket list thing. I am thinking long term.

There you go. That ll be best option for you, tag along , am sure he ll be more than happy to show you around. Just make sure you apply for your visa well in advance, cause as I said it is a very long and tedious process for people of Indian origin. Its the same when Pakistanis and people of Pakistani origin try to get an Indian visa.

It will still affect you, getting visa will be a long and tedious process, and even then there will be a good chance that your visa application will be rejected.

If you can get a Pakistani friend(if you have one) to go along with you, that ll make your life a lot easier.
How do u know?

Bombermanx1 - kabhi kabhi PDF ke posts ko doosre andaaz se padhaa karo. OP already stated he is a Kiwi. Why would he want to stand up for India/Indian/Indiannes when he can't even speak Hindi well?

Hope this thread remains an INFO-Thread on visiting Pakistan than a troll fest. Moderators - pls help.

@ Faujihistorian / Rescue Ranger / Umair Nawaz & Pakistani sage - thanks for the feedbacks. There is so much of natural beauty in Pakistan to see and it certainly has a LOT to be explored . INshallah.. duniyaa aap ke behtareen tourist jewels ko dekhein aur aap ke mulq ki shaan dikhayein.
Yr Muslim?

U know urdu pretty good.

@FaujHistorian I am a non vegetarian.

I eat beef too. :)

Though I have a fondness for seafood :D

What kind of meat is usually cooked in Pakistan for their dishes?

Is it beef? Mutton?

OK. No special dishes for you :lol:

We do have good idli dosa restaurants too. FYI>

Mutton mostly. Chicken number 2.

Beef is occasional. Mostly koftas (meat balls) and keema aloo (ground beef + potato).

is samjhota express still going ? i know there is bus from old Delhi to Lahore too, one of my muslim friend is also keen to visit Pakistan

Bombermanx1 - kabhi kabhi PDF ke posts ko doosre andaaz se padhaa karo. OP already stated he is a Kiwi. Why would he want to stand up for India/Indian/Indiannes when he can't even speak Hindi well?

I spent the first 14 years in India. I ma from Kerala. it's just that they don't teach you Hindi to be proficient at it.

Just elementary Hindi.

Hope that helped :)

Mutton mostly. Chicken number 2.

Beef is occasional. Mostly koftas (meat balls) and keema aloo (ground beef + potato).

:chilli::chilli:

:yay::yay:

:happy:

Back
Top Bottom