What's new

Indian Wipro is going to buy an american company

If it is a fact you will have no trouble presenting evidence to support your claim.

I'm looking at the evidence of nearly 30 billion in just defense sales and Obama said 30,000 jobs were created just off the one 10 billion sale of the transport aircraft. I'm looking at the Indian companies investing directly in the US , yes i don't have exact numbers ( up to date)but some studies to go on from the past , while accepting the tend is increasing and not decreasing ( if you agree with that assumption that with India growing in GDP= more investments coming in vs reversing the trend.) assumption is based on this fact: In 2010 and 2011, Indian companies did nearly 350 deals outside India, worth over $33 billion, according to Grant Thornton, a consulting firm. (In 2009, in contrast, they did just $1.4 billion in outbound deals.)

While politicians in the United States, including President Barack Obama, want the world to believe that corporates in India are stealing American jobs, a new study has disclosed that Indian companies have actually created more than 55,576 jobs in the US and have invested over $26 billion in five years from 2004-2009. Indian companies invest $26b in United States

Apart from direct investments, the study disclosed that 239 Indian companies made 372 acquisitions in the US during the period 2004-2009. Indian companies spent about $21 billion through 267 acquisitions in the US and more than 80 percent of the M&A investments were in five sectors: manufacturing; IT and ITeS; biotechnology, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, automotive and telecom. Data show that manufacturing attracted the most investments by Indian companies.

Job creation in case of 85 M&As (of the 372 acquisitions) was estimated at over 40,000 jobs in the United States. The actual number of workers employed by the Indian companies, therefore, will be much larger, the study said.

This does not include the number of jobs created in the US as part of investing in India itself. American companies make profits in India and in turn do more R&D in the US or are able to start up new ventures stateside.
@Death.By.Chocolate

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. We have either an American of Pakistani descent or a Pakistani American.

And here i thought i was discussing with a Native.

And you are neither. You couldn't come back with anything solid to say so the LAST thing you needed to say was the 'Pakistani' thing right? That to justify your mental block that you didn't have anything solid to say. My post highlights the corrupt structure outsourcing and using American jobs in American by the Indian mafia. That doesn't have to do with anyone's nationality.
So every time someone speaks out the truth about the dark black practices that the Indians are conducting in the US on daily basis.....the ONLY argument you guys have is to de-credentialize the post's contents by using 'Pakistani' for the writer? You think Americans don't know about Kashmir or Baal Thakrey or the arrogance the Indians give out? There's a reason for it. It is called the CHEAP LABOR. Just so you know, the good times to rob the American job market may be ending as the H1B system is going to get either revamped or strict taxing is going to be applied on outsourcing. Making it either the same or more expensive to outsource. Result: Americans back to the jobs that their country had created for them. And reduction in the Indian mafia's blatant abuse of the American system

Off topic ranting. MODs Kindly look into it.

this acquisition is symbolic,
from here I can imagine the power of Indian companies after 20 years... and also the question arises if the future of america is in indian hands given the recent rate of acquisitions of american companies by Indian companies??

Yes india will own US in few years, just like Japan did 20 years ago and China did 10 years ago...US for sale

I'm looking at the evidence of nearly 30 billion in just defense sales and Obama said 30,000 jobs were created just off the one 10 billion sale of the transport aircraft. I'm looking at the Indian companies investing directly in the US , yes i don't have exact numbers ( up to date)but some studies to go on from the past , while accepting the tend is increasing and not decreasing ( if you agree with that assumption that with India growing in GDP= more investments coming in vs reversing the trend.) assumption is based on this fact: In 2010 and 2011, Indian companies did nearly 350 deals outside India, worth over $33 billion, according to Grant Thornton, a consulting firm. (In 2009, in contrast, they did just $1.4 billion in outbound deals.)

This does not include the number of jobs created in the US as part of investing in India itself. American companies make profits in India and in turn do more R&D in the US or are able to start up new ventures stateside.
@Death.By.Chocolate

I am looking at the 13 million people you guys put out of work. Half of which, are forced to take jobs that are one or more steps lowered. I am also looking at the TRILLIONS you took from my country. Both legally and illegally (read my posts above). I am looking at how your Indian recruiters suppress American workers resumes and send just Indians. When the law says Americans take the first chance. I am also looking at the Indian lobby paying billions in lobby money and bribing all levels in a company's management to get business illegally (from the Manager to the CEO, you guys blatantly bribe everyone). So out of those TRILLIONS of our dollars that go to India....thanks for returning a few billions!!!! You steal a massive car lot from us, return a few cars and tell us that you are paying back???? I'd like to see the whole car lot back in the US. Not a just 2% of those stolen cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking at the 13 million people you guys put out of work. Half of which, are forced to take jobs that are one or more steps lowered. I am also looking at the TRILLIONS you took from my country. Both legally and illegally (read my posts above). I am looking at how your Indian recruiters suppress American workers resumes and send just Indians. When the law says Americans take the first chance. I am also looking at the Indian lobby paying billions in lobby money and bribing all levels in a company's management to get business illegally (from the Manager to the CEO, you guys blatantly bribe everyone). So out of those TRILLIONS of our dollars that go to India....thanks for returning a few billions!!!! You steal a massive car lot from us, return a few cars and tell us that you are paying back???? I'd like to see the whole car lot back in the US. Not a just 2% of those stolen cars.

Stop , this an intellectual and reality based conversation. Even for a Pakistani with it's bias attached towards Indians - it is laughable to make a claim that India took 13 million jobs from the US. The rest is a schizophrenic minds gibberish.

welcome to capitalism mr genius american billionaire who gloats of employing hundreds of engineers like me and then comes to a forum to cry his heart out about how Indians are destroying the american dream ...

And you are neither. You couldn't come back with anything solid to say so the LAST thing you needed to say was the 'Pakistani' thing right? That to justify your mental block that you didn't have anything solid to say. My post highlights the corrupt structure outsourcing and using American jobs in American by the Indian mafia. That doesn't have to do with anyone's nationality.
So every time someone speaks out the truth about the dark black practices that the Indians are conducting in the US on daily basis.....the ONLY argument you guys have is to de-credentialize the post's contents by using 'Pakistani' for the writer? You think Americans don't know about Kashmir or Baal Thakrey or the arrogance the Indians give out? There's a reason for it. It is called the CHEAP LABOR. Just so you know, the good times to rob the American job market may be ending as the H1B system is going to get either revamped or strict taxing is going to be applied on outsourcing. Making it either the same or more expensive to outsource. Result: Americans back to the jobs that their country had created for them. And reduction in the Indian mafia's blatant abuse of the American system

and neither of the two is going to happen..the only thing that's happening is the increase of outsourcing revenew by the Indian Mafia :rofl:
and before commenting on "cheap labour" Mr Captain America,u must add the adjective "skilled",the us companies are finding cheap labours who are doing the same "quality" work as the "highly talented & skilled engineers" from the ivy league institutions.

Not a fan of outsourcing for personal reasons but here are the nos for you. Since 2000 2.9 mill jobs were lost through outsourcing and offshoring for all industries - mind it not just service sector. I believe you can understand the difference between offshoring and outsourcing. So Indian companies has not taken away 13 million jobs as you claim. Source americanprogess.org quoting dept of commerce nos.

13 Million people? Ok now you have really lost it. For your highly intelligent scholarship winning brain let us do some back of the enevlope calculation. The total potential working population in the US is approx lets say 58%. Of this lets say 100% is working. Thats lets say is approx. 174 MN? Most of the jobs outsourced to India is from the service sector. So lets say, for again pure back of the envelope calculation is 50%? Thats 87 MN. Now, you are saying of this 87 Mn, 13 Mn jobs moved to India? What are you exactly smoking? I definitely want some of it? Do you have any idea, what you are saying?

Sorry for 'stealing' 14% of the service sector jobs from the US :D Man, you are in the wrong country , the native land of capitalism givng lectures on protectionism. All your arguements are turning out to be a joke. Statistically and logically. Please go for a drink and stop whatever you are smoking before commenting.

13 Million people? Ok now you have really lost it. For your highly intelligent scholarship winning brain let us do some back of the enevlope calculation. The total potential working population in the US is approx lets say 58%. Of this lets say 100% is working. Thats lets say is approx. 174 MN? Most of the jobs outsourced to India is from the service sector. So lets say, for again pure back of the envelope calculation is 50%? Thats 87 MN. Now, you are saying of this 87 Mn, 13 Mn jobs moved to India? What are you exactly smoking? I definitely want some of it? Do you have any idea, what you are saying?

Sorry for 'stealing' 14% of the service sector jobs from the US :D Man, you are in the wrong country , the native land of capitalism givng lectures on protectionism. All your arguements are turning out to be a joke. Statistically and logically. Please go for a drink and stop whatever you are smoking before commenting.

Business and economy isn't your forte. I'd recommend you not get into that. IT and programming seems good for you. There is NO 'Let's Say' in a country's economy. There are hard facts. The cancer to the American economy started from 'cheap labor', call center, etc jobs. In two phases till 2004, 4 million of those were sent to India. Then the off shoring of IT and then book keeping, finance, etc. Total money the American economy lost to India (direct CASH sent) was 2.5 trillion dollars till 2008. Then, I think I lost track of it but it's in billions a year since then too. So....divide just the 2.5 trillion into jobs and see how many you can come up with. Also, if your core strength isn't the economy....I would stay away from sounding like Ben Bernanke. All of you guys are talking from both sides of your mouth. The resentment and confrontation in the posts and the number of posts written after my first initial ones.....tell you the truth hurt no matter what. You can't cover the f'd up environment you've created in the US from a jobs standpoint. People know. They may ignore it as they don't think they can do anything. But trust me. Indian arrogance is pretty visible. In the next five years....people will clearly start to see what 'shooting themselves in the foot mean' from a jobs standpoint (that is, if they haven't seen and learned from 2008 - 2012 with the economic screw up)

Business and economy isn't your forte. I'd recommend you not get into that. IT and programming seems good for you. There is NO 'Let's Say' in a country's economy. There are hard facts. The cancer to the American economy started from 'cheap labor', call center, etc jobs. In two phases till 2004, 4 million of those were sent to India. Then the off shoring of IT and then book keeping, finance, etc. Total money the American economy lost to India (direct CASH sent) was 2.5 trillion dollars till 2008. Then, I think I lost track of it but it's in billions a year since then too. So....divide just the 2.5 trillion into jobs and see how many you can come up with. Also, if your core strength isn't the economy....I would stay away from sounding like Ben Bernanke. All of you guys are talking from both sides of your mouth. The resentment and confrontation in the posts and the number of posts written after my first initial ones.....tell you the truth hurt no matter what. You can't cover the f'd up environment you've created in the US from a jobs standpoint. People know. They may ignore it as they don't think they can do anything. But trust me. Indian arrogance is pretty visible. In the next five years....people will clearly start to see what 'shooting themselves in the foot mean' from a jobs standpoint (that is, if they haven't seen and learned from 2008 - 2012 with the economic screw up)

So you cannot now disprove that the 13 MN figure you threw was a dream figure? And now when you are caught you have no idea what you are blabbering about.

Btw, I had these figures with me, but, I wanted to see your response. :devil: Now here are the official figures from the US Labour office.

Industry Employment Data: Industry Profile: America's Career InfoNet

Now these are absolute figures. In case, your highly intelligent scholarship winning brain is still workiing and not in self denial mode.

The best case scenario you have is 86.3MN in industries which could have been outsourced to India. Now of this you 13 MN is laughable.

I realise now, that common sense is not your forte.Please stop posting BS, cause the more you are commenting, the more you come out like an Emperor with no clothes.

Bro - you are missing the game. The goal is to keep a few locals here and bring the Indian graduates. Resulting in lowering American wages with lower salaried Indian workers. Before you know it, ALL consulting and IT companies will be running on cheap $ 35 an hour labor, vs. the $ 65 or $ 90 dollar an hour. I've seen it five times working with CEO's from India that get elected, the first thing they do is to send Americans home (majority at least) and then, it is ALL Indians in EVERY dept.
The goal is India specific and everyone from India supports it. It's to take India to a financial power status. Sad for us Americans that we don't know how to react to it. IT will become an industry (better paying but similar to Construction) where no American would want to work or won't be allowed to survive. This is Indian dominance planning. We LET it happen. Watch for more of these in the future.
As far as EPA, etc. These guys breathe after and throw money first. Plus, there are always lawyers and a few local experts to deal with EPA. The rest of the Indian labor will run this company. Sad but true. Seen it a LOT in my prior corporate experience

Yes I am very aware of the 24 Year old Indian graduate with 7 Years experience in SAP or Peoplesoft, QA, Java, well you get the point.

Yes I am very aware of the 24 Year old Indian graduate with 7 Years experience in SAP or Peoplesoft, QA, Java, well you get the point.

Yeah and I am aware of that too and that's why there is a process of shortlisting of resumes. When I do take some one I make sure i pick the correct resume and ask the right questions because i am the one who has to get the work done. Btw I came across quite a few Bangladeshi, Pakistani and from other countries claiming something that they know zilch about. So their resume ends up where they belong i.e. trash bin.

Btw, I have seen this phenomenon among Americans as well though they generally don't go to the level of 24 year old claiming to be 7 years experienced in something. Only fools recruit cases like the one you mentioned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom