What's new

India's AESA radar development

indian semiconductor tech is so weak. i find it hard to believe they can come up with with an EASA, unless it's not made by india.

like many indian projects, i believe it when when it enter service..

i dont see any wiring or plumbing in the picture of the aircraft radar. im pretty sure it's just a mock-up.

indian semiconductor tech is so weak. i find it hard to believe they can come up with with an EASA, unless it's not made by india.

i dont see any wiring or plumbing in the picture of the aircraft radar. im pretty sure it's just a mock-up.

Sure!!! :cool:

There are lots of companies that manufacture semiconductor equipment for others. For example: TSMC

You need to educate urself before posting.

ISA - India Semiconductor Association

Guys,

I don't think there is any semiconductor manufacturing plant in India. (at least in 2007) If there are any manufacturing facilities they are laboratories aimed for specific purposes only. Even our college has one but with limited functionality.

There is a plan for setting up semiconductor manufacturing plant in AP near Hyderabad, I don't know if there are any other plans for setting up manufacturing plants in India.

Anyways, so far I'm talking about mass scale manufacturing. For specific limited scale manufacturing, I think DRDO has the capability/money to own one small laboratory.

Heck! Even IIT Bombay has one small unit ... used for research purposes.

And the mouth piece of Global Semiconductor Alliance(GSA) has spoken :rofl:

Spare us your professional and heavy researched brain farts as we are not worth the effort,save them for the facilities in Seremban.:P

PS:we really feel blessed and on cloud 9 to know that you have an opinion about us:azn:

@Indian members
Ignore him ,he was just being himself,the usual contemptuous narcissistic troll gas

ontopic
Good start for Indigenisation .Hope the range gets extended to 600Km.Just like how this project was kept secret for sometime,let us follow the same for future ones too

Last edited:
How does it matter if we have a semiconductor facility or not when we are actually making an AESA of our own.?

Guys, we might had plans to make an fighter AESA on our own, but the fact is that we again overestimated out capabilities and now we need foreign help/co-development. Till now, DRDO AWACS not ready and only limited infos about the capabilities are known, personally I doubt it will be as good as Erieye for example, for the simple fact that we only have limited knowledge in this field and this is our first project, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful to supplement the Phalcon AWACS.
Another point is MMR for LCA, any reliable infos about it's capabilities, or development stage?
Now to the AESA, imo the same problem as we will face with AMCA, you can't develop a further developed tech/aircraft, if not even the base version is ready and operational. That means indigenous fighter AESA radar, requires an ready and operational MMR first, just like AMCA requires an ready and operational LCA first!

The attempt is good, but too early for our know how.

Guys, we might had plans to make an fighter AESA on our own, but the fact is that we again overestimated out capabilities and now we need foreign help/co-development. Till now, DRDO AWACS not ready and only limited infos about the capabilities are known, personally I doubt it will be as good as Erieye for example, for the simple fact that we only have limited knowledge in this field and this is our first project, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful to supplement the Phalcon AWACS.
Another point is MMR for LCA, any reliable infos about it's capabilities, or development stage?
Now to the AESA, imo the same problem as we will face with AMCA, you can't develop a further developed tech/aircraft, if not even the base version is ready and operational. That means indigenous fighter AESA radar, requires an ready and operational MMR first, just like AMCA requires an ready and operational LCA first!

The attempt is good, but too early for our know how.

hi
Indian radar development efforts have come a long way off,believe me,DRDO's AWACS packs more TR than the erieye

hi
Indian radar development efforts have come a long way off,believe me,DRDO's AWACS packs more TR than the erieye
Why do you keep digging out such old threads??!!I thought you couldn't stress it enough on multiple accounts that how precious your time was!!So what happened now??

Don't you agree boss?? :D
Its true bro,
Some people are here just to show off and to intract with PhD club !
We are poor btech people wasting time :(
Our queries are so naive that replying will kill their precious time.

Why do you keep digging out such old threads??!!I thought you couldn't stress it enough on multiple accounts that how precious your time was!!So what happened now??

HI
I certainly dont understand your problem,but yes my time is precious(as precious as anyone's else),however when i am free i go through sections that are relevant to me or areas i have worked on- radars is one such field! In case you have issues or want elaborate technical discussions on phased array radars/signal processing,i would love to continue! But if you tag me in IDRW trash then i would reply precisely the way i did that day- and that is by asking not to tag me!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom