What's new

India's AESA radar development

Rich coming from Indians who are world renowned for publishing substandard research papers in fake journals to get an admission abroad.
Hi @ssethii,
There are of course a lot of Indians who publish their work in not so good places. But there are those who publish it in top places. And I'm sure you'd be pretty aware that professors sitting in American universities know what's of good quality and what is not. They are not stupid who will give admission based on low quality journals. The students that do in fact go abroad have publications in decent places. When you make a remark, kindly do your home work properly. Don't make remark just for throwing some mud. We surely can discuss what kind of papers are produced if you're interested.

Rich coming from Indians who are world renowned for publishing substandard research papers in fake journals to get an admission abroad.

Hello.

You don't need publications to get admission into Master's program in US, I got into a tier 1 university without any publication in my bachelors. A publication into a fake journal will hurt your admission case more than it will help you.

Moreover, after my MS, I got into PhD program in a renowned US university with only one publication (2015) in a decent journal, which has gathered 38 citations till date, and a decent GPA of 3.7 in my MS.

I suggest, if you want to debate in this topic, you should have some facts in hand.

Hi @ssethii,
There are of course a lot of Indians who publish their work in not so good places. But there are those who publish it in top places. And I'm sure you'd be pretty aware that professors sitting in American universities know what's of good quality and what is not. They are not stupid who will give admission based on low quality journals. The students that do in fact go abroad have publications in decent places. When you make a remark, kindly do your home work properly. Don't make remark just for throwing some mud. We surely can discuss what kind of papers are produced if you're interested.

Of course certain types with certain complexes would rather cherry pick some things and extrapolate to all...because larger data simply disagrees with their assertion.

It's fine, in the end the reality happens anyway.

Hi @ssethii,
I just answered in the same tone you left your remark. I don't feel like a need to prove my point further to boost my ego that I leave to you and your fellow countrymen who get provoked and start measuring things subjectively. My point is the number of research papers or scientific journals or IPRs doesn't directly equate to a country's state of a particular sector or industry especially in defense as you can innovate and implement without feeling the need to pen it down and put your name to the invention and boast about it rest of your life. Bottom line is a patent has a very little scope for a sector like defense especially if the sector mostly involves the public sector.

Hello.

You don't need publications to get admission into Master's program in US, I got into a tier 1 university without any publication in my bachelors. A publication into a fake journal will hurt your admission case more than it will help you.

Moreover, after my MS, I got into PhD program in a renowned US university with only one publication (2015) in a decent journal, which has gathered 38 citations till date, and a decent GPA of 3.7 in my MS.

I suggest, if you want to debate in this topic, you should have some facts in hand.
That are petty decent numbers there, congratulations and good luck in the future. If you can post the link to your paper that would be a treat for me to read on if it is related to electrical engineering.

My point is the number of research papers or scientific journals or IPRs doesn't directly equate to a country's state of a particular sector or industry especially in defense as you can innovate and implement without feeling the need to pen it down and put your name to the invention and boast about it rest of your life. Bottom line is a patent has a very little scope for a sector like defense especially if the sector mostly involves the public sector.
Yes of course for Pakistanis in general these things hold no value. Btw may I ask your qualifications and your experience before wasting my time any further? You seem to have no idea what so ever about the true research potential of India. Neither do you know the importance of intellects property. Of course how would you know when your country really has nothing to show of in terms of quality research in Aerospace etc. India's case is different in the sense that, on one hand it has folks who publish shoddy stuff then on the other hand there is a huge segment that produce some very good quality stuff viz IISC, IUCCA etc . For instance in the field of aerospace, AIAA is the biggest name and in that, you've sizeable presence of Chinese and Indians but little to no Pakistanis. How can I say so? Well because I'm a regular there and have published some good work there.

Hello.

These folks will never understand the importance of research or creation of intellectual property. I've seen it for more than 8 years here. No wonder their research culture is decades behind India's. In fact that's what I myself tried explaining, American profs ain't stupid to give admission based on shoddy publications, they know their field enough to separate good folks from shoddy. What this guy repeatedly fails to acknowledge is the fact that there are a lot of folks in India who do quality research and are engaged in creation of intellectual property as well. I've three publications till now and all of them are in top places like AIAA and IEEE.

Yes of course for Pakistanis in general these things hold no value. Btw may I ask your qualifications and your experience before wasting my time any further? You seem to have no idea what so ever about the true research potential of India. Neither do you know the importance of intellects property. Of course how would you know when your country really has nothing to show of in terms of quality research in Aerospace etc. India's case is different in the sense that, on one hand it has folks who publish shoddy stuff then on the other hand there is a huge segment that produce some very good quality stuff viz IISC, IUCCA etc . For instance in the field of aerospace, AIAA is the biggest name and in that, you've sizeable presence of Chinese and Indians but little to no Pakistanis. How can I say so? Well because I'm a regular there and have published some good work there.

These folks will never understand the importance of research or creation of intellectual property. I've seen it for more than 8 years here. No wonder their research culture is decades behind India's. In fact that's what I myself tried explaining, American profs ain't stupid to give admission based on shoddy publications, they know their field enough to separate good folks from shoddy. What this guy repeatedly fails to acknowledge is the fact that there are a lot of folks in India who do quality research and are engaged in creation of intellectual property as well. I've three publications till now and all of them are in top places like AIAA and IEEE.
I think this website provides more than enough bandwidth space for the likes of you to boast about their imaginary achievements to boost thier egos. When you are done with that and can come back to the topic of discussion, you are more than welcome to discuss the merits and demerits for a Defence PSU of publishing research in international journals or to get patents for new inventions.

I think this website provides more than enough bandwidth space for the likes of you to boast about their imaginary achievements to boost thier egos. When you are done with that and can come back to the topic of discussion, you are more than welcome to discuss the merits and demerits for a Defence PSU of publishing research in international journals or to get patents for new inventions.
@ssethii
Thanks but no thanks. You sure have no clue what I've worked on. I don't think folks will understand even if I write it here, so I'll leave it at that.
The whole point here is, India is a big country and hence there are both type of people - those who produce quality research and those who produce shoddy work. The research culture of India is decades ahead of Pakistan. Just go out and attend top notch aerospace conferences you'll get the picture yourself. Or look for publications at AIAA journal by Pakistani authors, but I'm sure that will only embarrass you. In my field which is control engineering, Indians are in top 10. They've done phenomenal work in sub areas ranging from adaptive control, optimal control to even reinforcement learning based control. I'm myself working on continuous time reinforcement learning based controls and kino dynamics path planning.
As for research by defence entities, here in India, defence labs like LRDE DRDL ASL etc do publish their work whenever they can. Except hypersonics, DRDL has published most of their work. Hypersonics is one area where they feel, they might have an edge in certain aspects of hypersonics. Same is the case with LRDE, they received patents for their novel TR module design back in 2007. The same TR module went into the production of AEWCS and other ground based radars. So the only time when certain defence entities won't publish is when they feel they've an edge in that area or if that area can render them some strategic advantage for instance hypersonics etc.

Last edited:
Complete details of Uttam AESA radar development for Tejas aircraft. Video from Aero India 2017 Technical seminar.

What is the purpose of this thing?
DRDO-developed+PATM-3.jpg
DRDO-developed+PATM-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom