What's new

India's Arjun Mk.2 Tank Revealed

thank_you_israel_postcards_package_of_8.jpg

I'm sorry but your damning assessment is very premature. All we have hear is a Mk.I modified with certain aspects of MK.II to test out new features and how they ave affected mobility. These pics are from a MOBILITY trail and obviously do not show the finished, polished product that the IA will induct into service. If you actually look at the technical specs it is not a stretch to say the Arjun IS pmtjere with the best tanks in the world especially MK.II.

Remote Controlled Weapons System. Does what it says on the tin- a MMG mounted on the top of the hull, able to be fired by the crew from the safety of the inside of their tank.

Listen the flaw is the basic design of the tank itself. Its an old design. Newer tank designs have a very low silhouette.

Somehow India is loving to have heavier equipment in contrast to Pakistan's preference for lighter one. AK's tonnage is 48Tons and AK-2 is expected to have 54Tons while Arjun was previously 58.5Tons and now expected to reach 67Tons. I see two different approaches towards defense here.

I had learned that Arjun2 was perceived to be lighter than Arjun1 as in the desert area 58.5Tons was proving bit heavier than desired. I don't know if my learning was wrong or is India looking to use MK2 towards northern regions.

Somehow India is loving to have heavier equipment in contrast to Pakistan's preference for lighter one. AK's tonnage is 48Tons and AK-2 is expected to have 54Tons while Arjun was previously 58.5Tons and now expected to reach 67Tons. I see two different approaches towards defense here.

I had learned that Arjun2 was perceived to be lighter than Arjun1 as in the desert area 58.5Tons was proving bit heavier than desired. I don't know if my learning was wrong or is India looking to use MK2 towards northern regions.

Weight is irrelevant and not an accurate measure of a tank's performance of abilities. In fact a never tank usually means more armourso better protection, more equipment carried on board such as computers,weapons etc etc

The real measure is a tank's power to weight ratio and for the Arjun Mk.I/2 it is highly favourable and not too far off the likes of Abrams. Addtionally it is ground pressure that is key so this relates to the suspension and tracks. Again the Arjun cores highly here with perhaps the greatest suspension/track combination of any tank anywhere in the world! The fact is the MK.II will have less ground pressure footprint than the Mk.I which ran rings around the T-90 and T-72 during comparative mobility tests held in the desert. The Arjun was made for the desert and will outclass any tank in the region easily in this terrain.

After reading full article the only thing comes in mind Arjun-MK2 is slightly improved over MK1 and overall nothing special as many jingoos were portraying it. :sick:

BTW

Kitna deti ha? :D

But good enough to be christened as Quatil-e-Khalid ;)

lol how?

Arjun MK2 is same as MK1 with slight improvement, lets wait for the AL-Khalid 2 which is underdevelopment then compare MK2 and AK2.

Mk1 of both Tejas and Arjun are not only inferior but failed compared to our machines. They just gave you another word "MK2" to do d!ck meausring for next 5 years after this they will give you MK3. :lol:

i know that MK-II will be heavier..but doesn't army looking for weight reduction??or is it ground pressure reduction??

Arjun MK2 is same as MK1 with slight improvement,

Load of...

MK-2 has 93 improvements (19 major, 74 minor) so far as specified by the Army. How on
freaking earth do you call that a "slight improvement"? Stop eating into weeds and see the facts.

source: http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...SDYGDfvTqCTGpjjnQ&sig2=GxQr4vw3LQ_JT1LxnFHL1A

lets wait for the AL-Khalid 2 which is underdevelopment then compare MK2 and AK2.

WTF, who on earth was comparing Arjun & AK in this thread?? What Karan.1970 said is that
Arjun can silence AK, which it very well can.

Mk1 of both Tejas and Arjun are not only inferior but failed

Looks like your a relative of the Pakistani hockey coach who said during the Olympics "atleast we did
better than India". Not withstanding Pakistan holds the worst Olmypic defeat in history!

India is going to get 250 Arjun MK-1 that are in mass production right now, that in addition
to the 1,600+ T-90s we're getting. Tell your sorry story now. We'll get another 118 MK-2s (preliminary
order only) that itself means close to 370 Arjuns (may grow beyond 500-600 later on). You gals are
stuck in your delusions and brainwashing forever.

compared to our machines

:lol: Last time I checked, Al-kalid's engine itself is from Ukraine. Design is based on a
40-year old chinese hull whatsover. While at the other hand India makes it's own 1,500hp powerpack
for MK-2 that replaces the German engine of MK-1.

They just gave you another word "MK2" to do d!ck meausring for next 5 years after this they will give you MK3. :lol:

STFU foxy. Prove it that MK-2 only has slight improvemenst instead of wasting people's time with
BS that comes from insecurity:angry:

kṣamā;3289869 said:
anybody has any idea about how much ground pressure it dose exert ??
rough estimate ??

Comparison of Arjun, T-90 and T-72 in ground pressure.

T-72: 0.90 kg/cm2
T-90: 0.87 kg/cm2
Arjun: 0.84 kg/cm2

Should give a rough idea of how low the ground pressure is. 10 tons heavier than the T-90, yet less likely to sink in the sands of Rajsathan.

But good enough to be christened as Quatil-e-Khalid ;)

How would you feel if somebody would use the same term towards Arjun? We both know name Arjun and Khalid have religious value to it. I would expect some wisdom from you and other Indians here in this forum.

Load of...

MK-2 has 93 improvements (19 major, 74 minor) so far as specified by the Army. How on
freaking earth do you call that a "slight improvement"? Stop eating into weeds and see the facts.

source: http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...SDYGDfvTqCTGpjjnQ&sig2=GxQr4vw3LQ_JT1LxnFHL1A

WTF, who on earth was comparing Arjun & AK in this thread?? What Karan.1970 said is that
Arjun can silence AK, which it very well can.

Looks like your a relative of the Pakistani hockey coach who said during the Olympics "atleast we did
better than India". Not withstanding Pakistan holds the worst Olmypic defeat in history!

India is going to get 250 Arjun MK-1 that are in mass production right now, that in addition
to the 1,600+ T-90s we're getting. Tell your sorry story now. We'll get another 118 MK-2s (preliminary
order only) that itself means close to 370 Arjuns (may grow beyond 500-600 later on). You gals are
stuck in your delusions and brainwashing forever.

:lol: Last time I checked, Al-kalid's engine itself is from Ukraine. Design is based on a
40-year old chinese hull whatsover. While at the other hand India makes it's own 1,500hp powerpack
for MK-2 that replaces the German engine of MK-1.

STFU foxy. Prove it that MK-2 only has slight improvemenst instead of wasting people's time with
BS that comes from insecurity:angry:

This is my last post here i don't want this thread to look bad due to over optimism and jignoism of you and Karan, we don't need your letter of recommendation for Arjun and otherz as we already aware of its history, problems and uncertain future.

lol how?

Arjun MK2 is same as MK1 with slight improvement, lets wait for the AL-Khalid 2 which is underdevelopment then compare MK2 and AK2.

Mk1 of both Tejas and Arjun are not only inferior but failed compared to our machines. They just gave you another word "MK2" to do d!ck meausring for next 5 years after this they will give you MK3. :lol:

Advice to you....
It is better to stay silent and seem foolish than to speak nonsense and remove all doubt.... :)

T - 90 > Al Khalid MK1
Arjun MK1 > T-90
Arjun MK2 > Arjun MK 1

Go figure

How would you feel if somebody would use the same term towards Arjun? We both know name Arjun and Khalid have religious value to it. I would expect some wisdom from you and other Indians here in this forum.

Khalid in my post refers to Al Khalid tank...

Back
Top Bottom