What's new

India's Arjun Mk.2 Tank Revealed

Those 500 T-55's will be phased out with Arjun, hence the projected figure of 400-500 units (including 240 already ordered + other variants).When its time to replace the modernised T-72s, Arjun will be outdated in comparison with contemporary tanks of the time. On the bright side all those T-72s will instead be replaced with FMBT in around 2020. And what made you think that replacing 1500 T-72s with more life in them with a ~$5 million tank is in any way cheaper ??

oops, my point about the T-72s was a bit stupid XD

But in any case, we do have a need of more tanks to cover the border, so it wouldn't be bad if we spent a few more millions right?

Oh.... 4 th gen LCA with composite body,all axis FBW is inferior to a dum aluminium body 60 km radar range plane..........:rofl:

1 LCH/rudra armed with HELINA will destroy 2 AK.....

"anza 1" and " anza 2 " vill destroy your 1 LCH/rudra armed with helina ... :sniper:

:pakistan:

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3309740 said:
"anza 1" and " anza 2 " vill destroy your 1 LCH/rudra armed with helina ... :sniper:

Anza range - 4 kms. Lets say 6 kms.
Helina - 7 kms.

Bhaijaan aap ke range mein bhi nahin rahega. Standoff launches.

First wave Mig 27 / Jags with CBU - 105.

I have one question.

The Arjun tank Mark I had a 60% foreign content by value.

What is the foreign content of the Arjun tank Mark II by value?

Can any Indian answer the question (with a reputable citation)?

I have one question.

The component cost by value is not expected to come down. It will remain at 60%. This has been confirmed by Director, CVRDE, Dr Sivakumar in some interview. Google search will give you the link. Don't remember where I read it.

The main problem, seems to be the low number of tanks ordered. Its said if you order more than 3 regiments of the tank the value of the components will come down to 43% with manufacturing base setup in India.

Hope this answers your query.

I have one question.

Foreign component value in the completed MK-2 (not the MK-1A variant you see now) will
be around 10%. Many of the systems previously imported (including the engine & transmissions)
will now be made in India. From here

^^Indigenous components 90%. The remaining 10% are the foreign stuff...like the tracks and
the APS system.

The component cost by value is not expected to come down. It will remain at 60%. This has been confirmed by Director, CVRDE, Dr Sivakumar in some interview. Google search will give you the link. Don't remember where I read it.

The main problem, seems to be the low number of tanks ordered. Its said if you order more than 3 regiments of the tank the value of the components will come down to 43% with manufacturing base setup in India.

Hope this answers your query.

Initially yes, but later on 90% will be Indian components by the time the real MK-2 arrives.

Anza range - 4 kms. Lets say 6 kms.
Helina - 7 kms.

Bhaijaan aap ke range mein bhi nahin rahega. Standoff launches.

First wave Mig 27 / Jags with CBU - 105.
..so what ..Bhaijaan insanity ki range me to aate hai na..???.. he will not need any 'support' for this achievement.:azn:
..Unke ke liye kaafi hai..:pakistan:

EpVbg.jpg

Arjun Mk.1 with testing new Panoramic sight.
nDFZj.jpg

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3309740 said:

A few Kh-31 ARMs mounted on our Su-30MKIs, your Anzas and basically every other SAM in the whole of Pakistan is done for. :sniper:

Back
Top Bottom